Popular Pages

Thread: Spinach Chips & Other HCG questions (Newbie)

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2
    Blog Entries

Spinach Chips & Other HCG questions (Newbie)

Ok I am on my round 1, injections with B-12, VLCD day 1 - Clinic using Trudeau's method (first day after my two loading days) and making the spinach chips.

I used half lemon, sea salt and some garlic chopped fine.

My questions are:

1) How many chips can I eat? Like a handful of spinach?
    2) Should I have weighed the spinach raw before cooking and if so how much should I use?
    3) The chips, I assume, will take place of my veggie for a meal correct? So if I eat them during the day (I am a nosher sp?) I cut out a veggie at night meal?

Also some non-spinach related questions
    1) I have a kitchen scale and I read that I should be using a mail one. Thing is my hubby bought me this nice kitchen scale and it seems accurate so why do they suggest mail scale instead?
    2) I am drinking the GreenteaHP in the flavored packets that my clinic told me to use but they are pricey. I ordered a box for 70 bucks but after thats gone I need to find a cheaper alternative. I cannot stand the taste of water (it actually gets me sick drinking any plain water) so any other suggestions?
    3) Can I use a non-stick cooking spray if it has 0 calories, no fats etc etc.. the can lists all 0s on everything. I got the organic one but sitll not sure I can use it.
    4) It says to eat veggies but does not say the amount. How much should I use when I prep my veggies (*IE: Do I weigh them?)

Thank you all in advance. Everyone here has been so wonderful and I feel so inspired by the stories I read! You guys are great!

Personal Quote:
    Misspelled words are offered to you at no charge! Spell check is 9.99 the first word and 55 cents each word after.

Round 1 / Phase 2 / Injections with B-12

Pre-exercise weight: 224
    After 6 months of diet/Exercise: 210.8
    Starting weight of HCG Injections: 210.4

kbj
    Blog Entries
    Hey Shilding! If all you are putting with the spinach is some lemon, sea salt and garlic, you can have a whole lot of spinach. The salt could be problematic as it can cause you to retain water, so maybe go lightly on it. Most folks don't weigh their veggies and you should find that you are getting full before you can eat a huge amount. The veggies have so few calories that it shouldn't be necessary to weigh them. If you eat a bunch during the day, you technically should skip them at your meal.

Re: the scale, remember when Dr. S. wrote P & I it was many years ago! Today's kitchen scales are much more accurate than in the 1950's.

Any tea that doesn't have added sugar or starch in it is fine to drink. Same with coffee. The cooking spray is probably loaded with chemicals and not good for you. If you use a little water or broth when cooking, you shouldn't need the spray.

Good luck, hope you have great success and keep us posted!
    - KBJ - taking it one day, one hour, one breath at at time...

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much. I ate two spinach chips and was worried I was messing up LOL. Good to know that I can munch on them. Have problems getting through the day without muching on something even though I am not hungry. So I decided I am allowing myself aone mid-day much around 2:30 either half of my evening apple or these spinach chips.

My husband now likes Spinach Chips so I have a feeling I will be baking a lot of these.

kbj
    Blog Entries
    What is your recipe? You can't say that you love some yummy P2 compliant food without sharing how you make it!!!! lol...

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2
    Blog Entries
    Oh its the same I got from here - C&Ping it. I am not sure who created this first though

Ingredients:
    Handful of Organic Leafy Spinach
    Garlic
    Sea Salt
    Lemon (juice)
    Parchment Paper
    Cookie Tray

Preset Oven to 180

Wash and dry Spinach
    Place Parchment Paper over Cooking Tray
    Spread spinach over parchment paper
    Squeeze lemon over spinach to soak
    Chop up one clove of garlic (very fine) and spread across spinach
    Apply Sea Salt across Spinach
    Place tray in oven for 1.5 hours or until dry & Crisp

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2
    Blog Entries
    I want to do some grilled onions tonight with my beef but also seriously craving tomatos.

Am I able to do both or just one?

kbj
    Blog Entries
    If you count your tomato as a fruit you can have both!