Popular Pages

Thread: Starting HCG Diet Over Again

Starting HCG Diet Over Again

Hello...so, i'm in my second week of this diet. Never done it before, and i can say i was NOT PREPARED. Didn't have the correct foods, involved in too many "events" where there wasn't proper food choices, etc. So, i think i have not done too well, and have not lost as much as i should.
    My question is, if i decided to start over, prepared, will i need to start with the two days of loading, like i did the first time? Of all the times to diet, i have my birthday this Saturday. If i start over again, i can use Sat & Sun to "load", and start the VLC part on Monday.
    I know i can be more prepared...i mean, even today, I ordered a salad that had cheese & carrots & other veggies...ug, that's very frustrating when you CAN'T MIX VEGGIES.
    At least now, i know what to expect, and i can do it right. I appreciate any tips & advice.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No you just press on if you've been on hcg the whole time. There is no starting over though. In other words you only are on hcg the 40 -50 days tops even though you messed up the first two weeks.

Thanks for the advice...so, if I eat something off the protocol, do the drops still work? I guess I need to research more about these drops. I'm under the impression that if I get away from protocol (eat sugar, eat 2veggies at same time, etc), then the drops don't work.
    I've been on this diet for exactly a week & it seems too impossible for me to eat 500 calories, especially when it's based on a small list of foods.
    Thank you for your advice!!!!

R/P/M
    R2 p2 Sub q
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieD300 View Post
    Thanks for the advice...so, if I eat something off the protocol, do the drops still work? I guess I need to research more about these drops. I'm under the impression that if I get away from protocol (eat sugar, eat 2veggies at same time, etc), then the drops don't work.
    I've been on this diet for exactly a week & it seems too impossible for me to eat 500 calories, especially when it's based on a small list of foods.
    If you eat sugar or starch on the drops you will probably gain quite a bit, and not lose..If you eat fats and proteins you might still lose, or might stay the same.

Started at 179 (5'3") June 5th 2010. Lost 40 pounds eating no sugar, flour, wheat, rice, or dairy, and eating 2 times a day breakfast and lunch. Stalled at 138 for 4 months then decided to do HCG.

Angie, you need to either read or review Pounds and Inches as it sounds like you have some misinformation.
    Think thin thoughts and it will become your experience.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Staying on 500 calories is easy if your drops are working and you're not hungry. If you are hungry, either you have bogus drops or the dose is wrong. What drops are you on and how many?

R/P/M
    Round 1, Drops

Likelyhood of success after a stall

Colleen is right....if the drops are working, the diet isn't all that challenging with respect to hunger. I am only beginning the third week of VLCD but have found that hunger isn't the challenge. The diet is boring but easy. I am too busy, and not a cook, to mess with recipes. I do have a question: First week followed protocol exactly. 2nd week took grandma to dinner and had a glass of wine....that seemed to derail the progress I had made. Not sure if the timing was such that the stall was about to hit anyway, but I stalled. Have been stalled now for a week and have followed protocol except for Easter Sunday when we had family for dinner....did my best to avoid overdoing it but did nibble here and there....so now beginning week three. Colleen, based on your 40-50 days max suggestion....it sounds like I am okay if I stay with this for another couple of weeks? I am on day VLCD15.

R/P/M
    R2, P2, SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Mom...you want to stay on the protocol for at least 23 days and better if 30 (or even 40!). I had a 9 day stall in week 5 and it was really discouraging but I stuck with it and dropped another 10+lbs by the end of my round. Honestly, best to ride it out and try to stay as close to your protocol as possible. The cheats will only make the stall longer and make you feel awful. Hang in there!!

R3
    6/27/11 R3P2D1 vlcd 180.2 (after 6 day load: yikes!)
    D2 177.2 -3
    D3 176 -1.2
    D4 174.8 -1.2
    D5 175 +.2

R2
    4/23/11 R2P2D1 vlcd 184.4
    (short hcg round- 1 week then no hcg and high fat/mod protein)
    5/30 start of wk 4 maintenance 172.5
    end of maintenance 172 -12.4

R1
    1/5/11 D1 221.8 -38lbs (66 days)

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    Staying on 500 calories is easy if your drops are working and you're not hungry. If you are hungry, either you have bogus drops or the dose is wrong. What drops are you on and how many?
    The drops i'm taking are the Natural Health Labs Homeopathic drops (alcohol free). I was told to take 12 drops 5x's/day (60 drops). Now, after i take them, im really not hungry, as i would normally be...so that's great.
    I have been reading "Pounds & Inches, and it doesn't mention that you can't mix vegetables, however, every other instructions i've read, said you can not mix vegetables. Another interesting is that you can not use lotions...this may be hard for me. i use lotion everyday because if not, my skin gets super dry. I have alot to learn, but i really appreciate all the advice!!

The drops i'm taking are the Natural Health Labs Homeopathic drops (alcohol free). I was told to take 12 drops 5x's/day (60 drops). Now, after i take them, im really not hungry, as i would normally be...so that's great.
    I have been reading "Pounds & Inches, and it doesn't mention that you can't mix vegetables, however, every other instructions i've read, said you can not mix vegetables. Another interesting is that you can not use lotions...this may be hard for me. i use lotion everyday because if not, my skin gets super dry. I have alot to learn, but i really appreciate all the advice!!
    I found this in P & I:

Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Breakfast:
    Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
    1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must beremoved from the bird.
    2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
    3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast. 4. An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :
    The same four choices as lunch.

That's where the "not mixing vegetables" is hidden. Just different wording, but same meaning. Glad to hear that you're not hungry anymore!
    Last edited by vondalyn; April 27th, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
    R1 Pounds -26, Inches -22
    R2 Pounds -20
    R3 Pounds -10 (stopped early, my head wasn't in it)
    R4 Pounds -8.4 (in progress)