Popular Pages

Thread: Stevia, Truvia, Xylitol, Erythritol??? So confused! HELP!

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW144.4

Stevia, Truvia, Xylitol, Erythritol??? So confused! HELP!

Hi all!

Perhaps I am suffering from information overload, but I am so confused as to the differences between Stevia, Truvia, Xylitol, and Erythritol. I'm so confused that I no longer feel confident that by me using Truvia during my 1st round of phase 2 (on day 16) isn't the reason I am currently in my second stall of the cycle.

Is there anyone out there who has the knowledge to explain to us newbies what these products are and how they differ, what's allowed and what's not allowed?

Thanks so much for your guidance! I don't want to sabotage myself, but fear I just may be. Since I discovered Truvia (5 days ago) I feel like I'm cheating now when I pour a cup of tea and add a teaspoon because it tastes so darn good.

I bought the stevia drops in several flavors, but I haven't ventured into using them, yet. I think I'm saving them for some of the phase 3 recipes I've found posted.

Warm regards,
    Uppity aka Janet

SW160.2 1/29LW160.8 1/31 LDW144.4 3/09 D53146.6 3/23

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    I think that Xylitol and Erythritol are for P3/P4 only. Truvia and Stevia can be used in P2 and I've used both with no problems.

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Xylitol, Erythritol, Stevia and Truvia all claim to be "natural" sugars. Truvia is stevia with Erythritol...double whammy sweetener there! For P2 I'd stick with sweet n low or stevia. Both of those are zero calorie...where as xylitol and erythritol have a few calories.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
    Xylitol, Erythritol, Stevia and Truvia all claim to be "natural" sugars. Truvia is stevia with Erythritol...double whammy sweetener there! For P2 I'd stick with sweet n low or stevia. Both of those are zero calorie...where as xylitol and erythritol have a few calories.
    What about "Sweetleaf"?

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    I believe Sweetleaf is just stevia...
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    R4/P2 inj
    I've been using Stevia in the Raw with no problems... I also have to use like 1/4 of the to go packages because it is SSOOOO sweet!
    Jessica

R/P/M
    R3:P2 500iu Real HCG/Day Subl.
    I've been using Xylitol now for about a week in my coffee... and... it doesn't taste sweet at ALL. Yeah, no aftertaste... but also no sweetness. Stevia is gross (good in making homemade frozen yogurt, but it makes coffee taste like stagnant bath water) so i was really looking for a good alternative. Anyone else having the same problem, or is it just my taste buds?
    R3:P2:500iu HCG/Daily/Sub-Lingual: Starting Weight 319.8, Current weight 207.8.

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptowncivilian View Post
    Hi all!

Perhaps I am suffering from information overload, but I am so confused as to the differences between Stevia, Truvia, Xylitol, and Erythritol. I'm so confused that I no longer feel confident that by me using Truvia during my 1st round of phase 2 (on day 16) isn't the reason I am currently in my second stall of the cycle.

Is there anyone out there who has the knowledge to explain to us newbies what these products are and how they differ, what's allowed and what's not allowed?

Thanks so much for your guidance! I don't want to sabotage myself, but fear I just may be. Since I discovered Truvia (5 days ago) I feel like I'm cheating now when I pour a cup of tea and add a teaspoon because it tastes so darn good.

I bought the stevia drops in several flavors, but I haven't ventured into using them, yet. I think I'm saving them for some of the phase 3 recipes I've found posted.

Warm regards,
    Uppity aka Janet
    Stevia is an herb

Xylitol and Eryithritol are wood alcohols

Truvia is a chemical mixture of the two make by Coke

Real Stevia is hard to find there are only a few and you wont find them in walmart of fred meyers or kroger or albertsons or.....

read the ingreadients . Real stevia has only one ingredient .... stevia leaf. that is all.

the other ingredients are to cut the product. and thus the price. the other ingredients taste like shit and so does teh product.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    [email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    You know, quelsen, when you put it like that- stevia is an herb and the two things I like are wood alcohol - it definitely makes me want to give stevia another try. I never really thought about it like that before and stevia is obviously the most natural choice.

I would like to try the one you said is real stevia. Kal? Please let me know. If you can PM me that would be great because I might lose track of this thread.
    Please leave only your footprints.