Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Phentermine While on HCG Safe?

I was just wondering if it was safe to take Phentermine while on HCG drops? I am new to this site and not sure what all the abreviations are for, but today is day 8-post load, and I am so tired I can hardly even type this. My mom and dad both did this diet and were alive with energy and pep. I was taking Phentermine before starting the drops and have 2 mth supply still. They gave me tons of energy and were great at suppressing my hunger. I have felt like I am litterally STARVING (which is wierd because I usually don't eat the much and eat good food before HCG anyhow). I am drinking plenty of water and taking the B12 sublingual drops as well. I have a busy job and 3 kids. I use to hit the gym 4-5 days/week for at least 2-3 hrs each time. I can't even get enough energy to get up, let along go work out. I am sticking it out and being loyal because I need to lose the weight. I have lost 8# since day 1-preload. I just hate the way I feel now and was wondering if it was safe to maybe incorporate the Phentermine too, to give me that extra energy/hunger suppression.
    Any advise is welcome! and Thanks!

Your dose is probably off. One of the experts on here could answer info about that. I would stay away from the phentermine.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    RN- i responded to you in another thread, but i guess by drops you mean the hhcg? some people do not do well on those, and if you're starving and feel crappy i'm guessing you're burning normal fat, instead of abnormal fat, and more muscle than you should. any chance you could get some pharmacy-grade hcg and switch over? some clinics do use appetite suppressors so i think you're ok with the phentermine, but here's my concern- we use hunger and how you're feeling as a guide for what dose you need- if you modify that with the phentermine then you won't know. if you're not on the right dose and lose the weight essentially as not having hcg in your system, it will probably be difficult for you to stabilize and keep the weight off. some hunger is common, but you shouldn't feel like you're starving. have you increased as high as 20 drops 3x/day?
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

No I went up from 12 drops 3x day to 15 drops 3x day. I was given advice to try adjusting my drops to 6 drops 6x day, so today I am going to try that. I will admit I ended up having more than 3.5 oz steak last night. Had about 5 oz instead. And I gained 1# this morning, but also drank 48 oz of water just before going to bed so don't know how much was water weight vs gain/stall. I guess tomarrow when I weigh I will see? But this morning I feel great, full of energy and ready to go...And I am not even a morning person.
    Thanks

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    if you switch to 6, 6x a day you'll actually be taking 9 drops less per day, which i doubt will be a good answer, but let us know! i'd try 10 drops 6x/day if i were you.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

I used it last time around. Still lost 17 plus lbs. I needed the energy because like you, I work a full time job & have children, so I did what I had to after discovering I had no energy from 500 calories lol!

I am new to this protocol and I am on day 23 of the vlcd. I have lost 14 pounds but have been stalled the last 5 days. I am pretty sure it is because I have been eating mainly beef - even though it didn't seem to affect me at first. I am thinking about taking phentermine on the 3 days that we quite taking drops on the way to P3.

Is 200 ml. the most you can take in a day of the drops? I am also really HUNGRY most of the time and it is getting depressing to be stalled for so long.

Oh bumblebee, I don't have any specific advice for you but I do know that you HAVE to fix the hunger ASAP! That along with a five day stall is just too much to take. Ask grammy1952 she'll know what to do! You could post it on her birthday thread "happy birthday colleen coble" and I'm sure she'll see it. Please just do something right away so you don't get too discouraged. Good luck.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Oh definitely increase your drops! Hunger is the problem. The stalls will happen to everyone. I had a stall of ten days in one of my rounds. But the hunger means your hypothalamus isn't resting and that's a big deal!

For those on the hhcg drops, there are folks on the hhcg lounge who can help also but Grammy is right, your dose needs to be higher and many of your issues can go away. Also, the SL B12 could be part of the problem as most SL forms of the vitamin have oil or sugar alcohol. Second, I highly recommend reading Pounds and Inches by Dr Simeon more than a couple times so you've got a better understanding as a beginner. Third, it might be a temporary solution to hunger to use phentiramine but ,as stated before, it can cover up the indicator that you need to adjust your dose up. It is not uncommon to experience a little hunger the first week with the hhcg drops but you shouldn't have the feeling you want to eat the sofa. You should slowly up your dose one drop per dose at a time until you experience no hunger at all--again, these recommendations can be found on the hhcg lounge thread. The hunger is also an indicator that your hypothalmus isn't resting which can cause muscle vs fat loss. Good fortune.