Popular Pages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much in Vegetables ?

the noodles have no Calories, no fat, no protien, no carbs ... totally zero - so they should be fine on the hcg diet, I added some to a tomato shrimp meal tonight and it was delish! The noodles really need a sauce since they have no flavor of their own. You can check out the forum on the www.micraclenoodle.com website as well.

Here's a link to some great hcg recipes: http://myhcgjourney.com/Recipes.html

We are allowed to eat 500 cal. a day. We should definitely eat the protein amounts of 3.5 oz. for each of the two meals we eat. I do not eat the melba toast...don't want the carbs and don't really like the taste of them. I eat only one fruit since I have candida issues. I use the calories that would have gone for those foods to eat a little more protein and more veggies. So in answer to the question about veggie amounts, it all depends on how many calories you have expended in the rest of your meals that day.

I love the Miracle Noodles, but I gained on them and then stalled. I tried them on another round and same thing happened. Many stall, but not all. I WISH my body could handle them because I totally enjoyed them and the versatility they gave to the diet. sigh

Linda

That seems like a lot of veggies. My protocol from the doctor says 3 1/2 oz protein and 3 1/2 oz veggie. My husband would love it if he could have 7 oz at each meal but that is not what our protocol says. Also arent you not supposed to substitute more meat and veggies for the fruit and melba toast at least that is what I remember from Dr Simeons protocol ( Pounds and Inches). i haven't reread it in about a month so I am going back to refresh.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    i agree with michelle. Dr. S never specifies serving side of vegetables, but i'm doubting he fed people 2 cups of something! i use the "large handful" method trudeau mentions
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R4 P2 Sq injections
    We'll have to agree to dis agree on this one! We know that dr. S was VERY strict about the 500 calories. We also know that 100 grams of protein is between 90 and 130 calories depending on what it is...we also know hat apples have the highest calories at 15 per oz so most of our fruit will average 100 calories each...how do you think he made up the rest of the calories? It takes a lot to make up 50 calories per meal with 1 veggie!! Hat is why I sometimes only hit just above 400!

R/P/M
    amy- who do you disagree with? (i'm getting confused...!)- do you think we should have more veggies, or less? if our protein is, say, 100 calories, and fruit 100, and melba toast 20, that leaves 30 for veggies. one cup cherry tomatoes is 27 calories, 3/4 c of asparagus cooked and drained is 30 calories. am i missing something here?

i agree we should stay at 500 calories- and i probably should count, but i don't....too lazy! i figure if i'm staying with the right amount of meat and fruit, as well as a reasonable serving of veggies, i'm ok.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    ps- it's interesting, though, that there are programs out there than allow as many as 800 calories- not sure how they justify that given this statement by Dr. S.- but they must work to some extent, or they'd probably be out of business by now. (but i would question whether or not their patients kept the weight off)

"In treating obesity with the HCG + diet method we are handling what is perhaps the most complex organ in the human body. The diencephalon's functional equilibrium is delicately poised, so that whatever happens in one part has repercussions in others. In obesity this balance is out of kilter and can only be restored if the technique I am about to describe is followed implicitly. Even seemingly insignificant deviations, particularly those that at first sight seem to be an improvement, are very liable to produce most disappointing results and even annul the effect completely. For instance, if the diet is increased from 500 to 600 or 700 Calories, the loss of weight is quite unsatisfactory."

2 cups of cucumbers (peeled) 32 calories
    medium apple is 80 calories
    Grissino breakstick for 30 calories
    fish at 110

10 strawberries 35 Calories
    2 cups radishes for 38 calories
    fish for 110
    Grissino breadstick for 30 calories

Total 465

R/P/M
    R4 P2 Sq injections
    I think you should eat between 30 and 50 calories per meal in veggies ...for me that is 15 ounces of cucumbers = 45 calories. I weight it raw and I do eat the skin...that is a whole big english cucumber and if I eat celery at one cal per ounce I eat 15 ounces. Tomatoes ar 5 calories per oz so I eat about 6 oz or 35 cal but that is 3 roma's. And asparagus is 6 cals per oz so I eat 6 to 7 oz but that is A LOT. I know you know how big 5 to 6 oz of iceberg lettuce and at 5 cals per oz that's only 25 calories. I just don't agree with the hand full rule because with the lessor cal veggies you have treat more than a hand full ). As I sit here and watch my two year old eat my veggies it makes me laugh and proud because I am setting a good example ). Love you all!!!

lilskigirl51,
    is that the toddler you would have eaten? loool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast