Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss at a Standstill

Hi everyone,

I have been on HCg for a couple months. The first month was great, -20lbs no problem. I have hit a brick wall, the fat loss has just stopped. After the first 3 weeks I started working out again as per guideline, I thought okay I am accruing muscle. My body fat % has not decreased though. I spoke with a nurse at my clinic and told me to cut out 2 of my shakes...no help. I have gone a whole month with out much loss to show. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks, Mark

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    mark- you can only be on the hcg for a maximum of 40 days. protein shakes are also not part of the protocol. clinics do all kinds of different things but there is no research to back up any of their changes. the link to the original protocol is at the top L of the page- "pounds and inches".

if you've been on it for 2 months, you've probably hit immunity. i'd advise you to stop the hcg and do phase 3 (no sugar, no starch) for 3 weeks.

some clinics don't have their patients stop if they're using homeopathic hcg, but there is also no research to back up that idea.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

mgsondance,

Thank you, I read the Trudeau book a while back. When I got on board with a local clinic i thought there approach was different than what the book stated. Okay, I will get out the book look at stage 3. Thanks so much. Mark

mgsondance,

The Trudeau book phase 3 is a bit conflicting with Dr Simeons protocol. I am going to follow the 500 calorie regimen that the Dr has outlined with out the HCg for 3 weeks. You thoughts please, again thank you so much

Mark

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Trudeau adds a lot of unnecessary things, Mark. Phase 3 is the same stage that Dr. S says to eat anything we want except starch or sugar. Trudeau adds supplements and all kinds of things. You DON'T want to follow 500 calories without the hcg! You will lose muscle and you'll feel weak and hungry.
    Colleen
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to lose muscle! So if I am off the HCg for 3 weeks what should my caloric intake be? I understand no starch's & sugars...& 200 grams of lean protein.

Thank you, Mark

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No calorie restrictions, Mark.You eat anything you want except starches and sugars and greatly increase your protein. At least double what you were eating on P2 and you can have more. You want to eat enough that your metabolism ramps up and doesn't reset at a low rate but a high one.
    Colleen
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

Hi Colleen,

I have been reading through the Dr Simeons manuscript. Lot's of lean protein & select veggies is all good by me for 3 weeks with no HCg. I gather that after the 3 weeks I should resume the HCg & 500 calories? The Dr states to increase interval times between on & off HCg?
    I was never told about any phases, just what to eat & how much, I had HGc injections 6 days a week. It is very clear that i have hit the wall of immunity. I will keep you & this forum posted on my progress. I will be writing soon with less of me Until next time thank you again, Mark

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    mark- you might want to compare your program to the original protocol, to understand all the changes they made. they may have also changed the allowable foods. Do you know what dose you were on? did you use the short needles or the long ones?

once you stop the hcg, you continue for another 3 DAYS (not weeks) without the hcg, but still on the 500-calorie diet. this allows time to get the hcg completely out of your system, since your system is very sensitive to fats until this occurs.

after those 3 days, there is no calorie limit. just "no sugar, no starch". check out this post- it may help you: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgvanillaforum/discussion/2951/1/newcomer-information-phase-3/

you might want to read the other posts that also start with "newcomer information". Reading through posts on the "P3 Lounge" might also help.

trudeau is similar to simeons, but where there is a conflict you should go with the original protocol. the biggest difference is that trudeau allows you to mix veggies for a salad (simeon does not) and trudeau says you have to eat only organic food (which is not referenced at all in the original protocol).

after your first round you have to take 6 weeks off- 3 weeks of P3, and then you have the option to either remain on P3, or gradually re-introduce starches and sugars. Since you stayed on the hcg for longer than 40 days, and did hit immunity, i'd probably encourage you to take 8 weeks off- especially if you plan to do another 40-day round. 6 weeks may not be enough.

it's discouraging to me to think that not only did your clinic have you go longer than 40 days, but did not even recognize what the problem was when you were no longer losing weight. unfortunately, i think a lot of places have jumped on this program as a "cash cow", and many of them don't really know what they're doing. there are all kinds of variations out there- some of them reasonable, and many that are not.

how much more weight do you want to lose? also remember that this program will only allow you to lose abnormal fat, not normal fat. so if you're trying to get too thin, it won't let you do that. when your abnormal fat is gone, you'll stop losing. that's not the problem for most of us, but occasionally someone comes along that is trying to lose too much weight.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Hi,

I am on a 125 dose 6 days a week, The needle length has been random. The food protocol was very different. Morning, mid morning & late after noon protein shakes with MCT oil & one just before bed . Lunch & dinner w/lean protein with select veggies. The first month was great..droped 20lbs no problem

"it's discouraging to me to think that not only did your clinic have you go longer than 40 days, but did not even recognize what the problem was when you were no longer losing weight. unfortunately, i think a lot of places have jumped on this program as a "cash cow", and many of them don't really know what they're doing. there are all kinds of variations out there- some of them reasonable, and many that are not

I agree with this statement, as this is becoming evident.

Thank you, Mark

I will check out the suggested links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast