Popular Pages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Whey Protein Suitable for the HCG Diet? Has anyone lost losing it?

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by aliyah7 View Post
    I just tried my first Whey Protein Powder for the first time last night. It was a packet of Jay Robbs Whey Protein Chocolate. I put it in 1 cup of water. It was very, very delicious at first taste. But then seconds later there was this terrible aftertaste that was horrible. I will have to try something else. I was down 1 pound this morning.

Those of you who take or have taken Protein Powders, what do you eat on the days you have Protein Powder?
    It is much better to take the Vanilla Jay Robb and add chocolate. The chocolate has a weird taste but the vanilla is yummy!
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

Quote Originally Posted by Missymom View Post
    It is much better to take the Vanilla Jay Robb and add chocolate. The chocolate has a weird taste but the vanilla is yummy!
    That surprises me that someone thinks that -- I think the chocolate tastes good but the vanilla is gross (even with chocolate added to it) HAHA! Guess we're all different and we need to decide for ourselves what flavors we like.
    R1 Pounds -26, Inches -22
    R2 Pounds -20
    R3 Pounds -10 (stopped early, my head wasn't in it)
    R4 Pounds -8.4 (in progress)

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    That surprises me that someone thinks that -- I think the chocolate tastes good but the vanilla is gross (even with chocolate added to it) HAHA! Guess we're all different and we need to decide for ourselves what flavors we like.
    Yes, I know. It's like our taste buds taste differently. I check out reviews a lot, and I will find a product that some claim that there is no taste or is delicious, others will say its horrible, and then others will say it has only a little bit of taste.
    So with the Jay Robb Powder I looked at the reviews for this chocolate flavor. Only 1 person left a negative, and complained about the taste(there were a few more people who commented on the review stating they felt the same). So what I try and do is find someone who feels the same way about the taste of a product that I do and if they recommend something that is better or yummy (such as MissyMom suggestion), check it out. I assume their taste buds are similar to mine (only regarding that particular product though). Just an odd theory. LOL.

But I agree with you Von, we just have to try them for ourselves.

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Missymom View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was at Whole Foods and put back the Vanilla and got Chocolate instead.
    What about Strawberry. I thought I saw that one too.

But like poobears, I may just have to chug them down. They probably all will have some sort of funny taste to me.

Well, anyway. I am trying to find one that is not loaded with calories.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/ injections
    Blog Entries
    I am currently on P3 and went through my chocolate Jay Robb shake rather quickly. I love protein shakes!!! I am a long time user of golden whey. I wish JR shakes were not that expensive. For P3, week 3/ I am back on golden whey. I added a couple of drops of stevia with the vanilla ice cream and it tastes just like Jay Robb ...to me.

R/P/M
    R2P2 Drops
    Blog Entries
    I use Provide Gold Protein, they come in either a 30oz bottle and you take individual 'shots' of 1oz or they come in individual little bottles. I don't know if you had already received this info. but thought I would add it just in case. I am in R1P3 and still utilizing them and still loosing wieght. I am down 38.5 lbs. I only did 28 days on mt R1P3 because of the wieght loss but could have easily kept going. Excited about my next round.

R/P/M
    Round million: VLCD starts Monday
    I use Body Fortress 100% Whey Protein powder and LOVE IT.
    I normally use it to replace 1 or both meals for the day and lose at least 1-2#/day when I do.
    Been there, done that, gained it back, and here for good this time.

I use MSM 100% whey vanilla - same ingredients as Jay Robb at a fraction of the price.

I mix it in about 4oz of cold water in the am and add it to my coffee as a creamer/sweetner....every day.

The one you listed has two things I stay away from - Soy Lecithin and Sucralose.

what protein shake did u use with the HCG?

Quote Originally Posted by hellomedina View Post
    I use it, and I've lost 11.4lbs in 7 days. It depends, if you're sensitive to whey it can stall you. Pay attention to the scale.

Hello Hellomendina

Quote Originally Posted by hellomedina View Post
    I use it, and I've lost 11.4lbs in 7 days. It depends, if you're sensitive to whey it can stall you. Pay attention to the scale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast