Popular Pages

Thread: Why do we gain weight so easily on HCG?

R/P/M
    1/2/hHCG

Why do we gain weight so easily on HCG?

Aren't you still eating WAY less than maintanance calories?

For example, normally I could eat 1,500 calories and maintain, even lose slowly and steadily.

But when I'm on this...I eat 700 calories and gain a pound?

Can anyone explain it to me- I know "the HCG makes you more sensitive, it's unforgiving" etc, but why??

Does it worry you in terms of keeping it off?
    -Lauren

R/P/M
    Started another round after a long break 02/18/11 Day 1 of 43
    I am not an expert on this but its my understanding that eating a few extra calories (meaning 1-200 more) should only slow down the losing not make you gain, did you eat something with lots of salt or something by accident not on protocol or use some type of lotion, shampoo, cream rinse that has oils in it? that's the only time i ever gained and i have eaten more then the allowed calories and never had a problem with the exception of slower losses, however if i divert away from the protocol where food is concerned i not only gain but stall as well...maybe someone will have a better answer for ya but this is just my thoughts

ETA: also there is a slight gain during TOM due to water retention but it resolves it self in time
    This is 1 of the best WL solutions out there it takes dedication determination & faith. Started my last & final rounds broken into 2 parts. Started hhcg pellets on 7/27/11 (157.2) - 08/04/11 along w/the switch 2 hucog injec (157.4-extra load days & upcoming TOM) as of 8/28/11 (145.6 day 25 of inject + 9 days pellets = 33 total) decided 2 break on 08/30/11 (27 days inject/35 days total pellets+injections) P3 stabilizing well so far 09/11/11 weight 145-146 LIW 145.8 - update 10/09/11@141.6 LIW/LID

R/P/M
    FMD W3/P2/D2
    ok I'll give it a stab here. While on HCG your body is releasing fat. The amount of calories in the fat being burned is really whats sustaining us and is high enough that when we consume more than the allotted 500 we gain. There is somewhere on here where somebody did the math on how many calories we are actually burning just in the fat releasing but I can't find it now sorry.

Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian VeggieMama's Avatar
    Texas. Steak Day Alternatives (Vary Type for Multple Days): Fage (36 oz + 1 cup berries p/day)
    R/P/M
    R4/P4/RxCream (R1 -29, R2 -27, R3 -25, R4 -12)
    I've heard this more than a few times: If you aren't losing on the scale, don't worry, you are still losing inches. Stalls are part of the process, even when you do everything right, because our bodies didn't get this way overnight. Keep trying, persevere, the daily weigh-ins are less important then how it goes the entire round, it will all come out in the wash.
    I hope all that helps and will be true for you!

R/P/M
    1/2/hHCG
    I was just curious because I've definitely done my share of cheating and always wonder if the HCG somehow makes you double absorb all the bad stuff...that would explain the 5 lbs gains.....*slaps self in annoyance*
    -Lauren

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by AheadOfTheCurve View Post
    I was just curious because I've definitely done my share of cheating and always wonder if the HCG somehow makes you double absorb all the bad stuff...that would explain the 5 lbs gains.....*slaps self in annoyance*
    According to Pounds & Inches. The HCG is releasing stored fat. Supplying our bodies with a high caloric/fat intake to sustain a 500 calorie diet that is a balance of proteins,fruit,veggie. When we introduce more food or food not on protocol it doubles the nutrients entering our blood stream and causes major gains. Plus, it prohibits the hippo-thalamus ( I think it is that one) from resting, which is necessary for the diet to be effective.

Thin > Food

Blog Entries
    I believe when you consume more than 500 calories, that your body doesn't attack the stored fat, but burns the fat calories you are ingesting.