Popular Pages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women....How many pounds to lose to drop a clothing size?

R/P/M
    Round 1/ Phase 2/ Injections
    I really think the more overweight you are, the more it takes to go down a size. I have a friend that was 200 when she started, lost 26 pounds and only went down one size. The belly fat is the last to go which really prolongs going down in size for those with a lot to lose.
    Ive lost 19 pounds and gone down 2 sizes, but I am short and didnt have that much to lose. My body gets to a point (from previous experience) that eventually only about 5 pounds is a pant size. Dont get frustrated, you will get there!
    Skinny feels better than Starbucks tastes... or so I keep telling myself!

R/P/M
    HCG works!
    It would really help if there were a standard size for women the way there is for men. How is it that a man can buy jeans because they are actual measurements (32x30), but we have to figure out if a 10 fits or a 14 or a 6.

You have to wonder, WHO benefits from having this system?
    Post-HCG & Post-Leptin Reset, working on adrenals and thyroid, and taking charge of my own health at Optimal Health Cave link
    Currently getting back to the ticker weight.

Dr. Simeons' protocol, Pounds & Inches at http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Si...and-Inches.htm
    Why We Get Fat & What to Do About it by Gary Taubes
    Ageless by Suzanne Somers
    The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

R/P/M
    R1/P2 hhcg drops
    Blog Entries
    I do honestly think that its true what Jeneelynn said. The bigger you are the more weight you have to loose to drop a size. I have lost 18lbs so far and although things are fitting looser.. not loose enough to warrant me going clothes shopping. Oh well keep on keeping on i guess lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hi I lost a total of 42 pounds, goes up and down between 41-42 pounds due to water retention. I went from a 14 to an 8/10. So almost 3 sizes. I would say between 10-15 pounds for one dress size. probably 15 pounds because when I became 188, i went into my 12s,at 176 or so I started wearing 10s comfortably. I am 167 and wearing 8s in pants, shorts, dresses, skirts, but I wear some 9/10s in skinny jeans. But then again, I am bottom heavy and pear shaped. that could be why. I expect to be fully in an 8 when I become 159/160. My goal is to be a 6/8. So hopefully between 148-150
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

R/P/M
    Round 1/ Phase 2/ Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Hi I lost a total of 42 pounds, goes up and down between 41-42 pounds due to water retention. I went from a 14 to an 8/10. So almost 3 sizes. I would say between 10-15 pounds for one dress size. probably 15 pounds because when I became 188, i went into my 12s,at 176 or so I started wearing 10s comfortably. I am 167 and wearing 8s in pants, shorts, dresses, skirts, but I wear some 9/10s in skinny jeans. But then again, I am bottom heavy and pear shaped. that could be why. I expect to be fully in an 8 when I become 159/160. My goal is to be a 6/8. So hopefully between 148-150
    Wow Didi! You must be tall! I weigh 140 and just got into an 8! But Im only 5'2. I think height is also a contributor, and where your "trouble spots" are. Unfortunately for women, the belly is a problem for a lot of us
    Skinny feels better than Starbucks tastes... or so I keep telling myself!

R/P/M
    R?/P2/hHCG
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeneelynn View Post
    Wow Didi! You must be tall! I weigh 140 and just got into an 8! But Im only 5'2. I think height is also a contributor, and where your "trouble spots" are. Unfortunately for women, the belly is a problem for a lot of us
    My height is most likely between you and Didi. LOL I'm 5'4" and I'm now at 133 but only wearing some size 8's. 10's fit me pretty comfortably and there are quite a few 8's I fit into, but many 8's that are still too tight for me. It's so frustrating. I wish that women's sizes were like mens. So much easier! I can actually still fit into a few 12s, the ones that were tighter on me. They're looser now, but they still fit. It's so discouraging at times.
    Angie

Lesson learned from falling off the wagon: Being sick is NOT an excuse to eat whatever you feel like.

LDW: 134.0 lbs
    Total lost in R3: 27.2 lbs

P3 begins on Wednesday, February 22nd!!!!

nix
    Blog Entries
    I think it might depend on your height and bone structure to really determine the size to expect to go down in. I have lost 11.2 pounds to date; I'm 5'2", with small bone structure. Started at a very tight size 10 and now they are doable, but pretty baggy, at this point a size 8 fits better. Also, I'm going to have to go up in the attic and drag out my smaller bras because the ones I'm wearing now are loose.

R/P/M
    R5/P2/RX
    Blog Entries

Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    My height is most likely between you and Didi. LOL I'm 5'4" and I'm now at 133 but only wearing some size 8's. 10's fit me pretty comfortably and there are quite a few 8's I fit into, but many 8's that are still too tight for me. It's so frustrating. I wish that women's sizes were like mens. So much easier! I can actually still fit into a few 12s, the ones that were tighter on me. They're looser now, but they still fit. It's so discouraging at times.
    You know, I really do think that it's body shpae and I think it also depends on how snug or loose an individual likes their clothes. I also am 5'4", am at 151 and wear 8's and 10's. Some of my friends think I wear my clothes too baggy! (They like theirs snug.)

And I guess if we didn't have curves we'd be able to be standardized like guys are. Women come in many shapes and sizes, eh? : )

R/P/M
    R3/P2/HHCG
    In the UK we weigh ourselves in stone. 1 stone = 14 lbs and I believe that this was created as 14 lbs was considered to be 1 dress size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123