Popular Pages

Thread: Zevia soda on P2

Zevia soda on P2

I really love the Zevia Rootbeer. It seems to fit all the restrictions of the protocol. Is anyone else drinking it while on Phase 2??

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Erythritol is an ingredient in Zevia that is typically avoided in P2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R2, RX HCG/Methyl B12 tablets
    Man, that is too bad. I just had two Root Beers yesterday. Still dropped 1.8#, but I am trying to stick to 100% protocol, so I'll cut it out until P3Day1.
    Round 1,2,3: VLCD using RX HCG/Methyl B12 tablets
    Round 1: Started 321# ended P3: 269# 42 Days
    Round 2: Started 274# ended P3: 258# 26 Days
    Round 3: Started 286# Day 35: 256#
    First Goal: 279, reached, Second Goal: 250, Stretch Goal 225.
    Check my progress on http://markcarroll.org
    Also, for P3 and on, check out http://mylifevantage.com/strong

R/P/M
    a half dozen over the years. Using 150iu subq. with a skip day every 7- Not so strict protocol.
    I limited myself to one Zevia drink every other day as a break from water and tea. No problems, or unusual stalls.

R/P/M
    Round 2
    I'm doing RxHcg injections through a medical facility. I was told no Zevia

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    I drink about 2 or 3 a week in P2. My doctor said they were fine.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

R/P/M
    R7/P2
    Blog Entries
    The main sweetener in Zevia is actually Erythritol- which is a sugar alcohol- our digestive enzymes CANNOT break down sugar alcohols and the carbohydrates in it are not used for fuel- it just goes riiiiiight through ya! thats why some people have issues with diarrhea after drinking Zevia

However, that being said, sugar alcohols are usually avoided in P2- but everyone is different and everyone's body can 'react' differently to different things. (can I use the word different that many times in one sentence? lol)
    Last edited by alouise26; June 21st, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
    RESOURCES:
    Weight Loss Apocalypse by: Robin Phipps Woodall
    Mindset Magic by Happy Conscious Gal
    Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

Quote Originally Posted by alouise26 View Post
    The main sweetener in Zevia is actually Erythritol- which is a sugar alcohol- our digestive enzymes CANNOT break down sugar alcohols and the carbohydrates in it are not used for fuel- it just goes riiiiiight through ya! thats why some people have issues with diarrhea after drinking Zevia

However, that being said, sugar alcohols are usually avoided in P2- but everyone is different and everyone's body can 'react' differently to different things. (can I use the word different that many times in one sentence? lol)
    It makes me gain it's not worth it.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/RxSQ
    Blog Entries
    I'm drinking it and haven't had any problems so far. On previous rounds, I drank the heck out of Coke Zero and Monster Absolute Zero because I'm a caffeine addict and still had good losses daily. I'm trying to give up soda all together primarily for the artificial sweetener consequences and I figure if I can lose fine on the other junk I drank previous rounds, Zevia is only an improvement.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Highest Weight: 185
    Highest BMI: 35 (Obese)

GW1: 155 BMI 29 (Overweight)
    GW2: 140 BMI 26.4 (Overweight)
    GW3: 125 BMI 23.6 (Healthy)
    --Bonus Goal Weight--
    --105 BMI 19.8 (Healthy)--

R/P/M
    R4, P4!
    Blog Entries
    The worst thing about eating/drinking things that aren't on protocol isn't the stalls, gains or slow losses - it's the stabilization. Some people can eat miracle noodles in P2 and still lose (mainly because our body can't process them) but have problems stabilizing in P3. I always suggest sticking to protocol and avoiding things that are overly processed or don't have any nutritional value. One of the points to this protocol is to break bad habits anyway and carbonated drinks are one of them