Popular Pages

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG without VLCD and Losing Fat

Blog Entries
    But how come some of us gain if we go off protocol at all? It is so weird to me when I read that people eat way off protocol and lose. This just doesn't happen for me, really wish it did because it would make this diet so much more tolerable. When I go off protocol I gain.

It's what you ate that was off protocol. Maybe there's a sensitivity, maybe it was sugar, maybe it was a piece of chocolate cake. Have you tried going off with an additional piece of chicken breast or an extra helping of fish?

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    But how come some of us gain if we go off protocol at all? It is so weird to me when I read that people eat way off protocol and lose. This just doesn't happen for me, really wish it did because it would make this diet so much more tolerable. When I go off protocol I gain.

It's what you ate that was off protocol. Maybe there's a sensitivity, maybe it was sugar, maybe it was a piece of chocolate cake. Have you tried going off with an additional piece of chicken breast or an extra helping of fish?
    I have tried protein, fat, carbs. They all make me gain. I don't gain with anything in P3 and only seem to be sensitive to flour in P4. Hormones are rough for me, so it could just be that hcg makes me very sensitive.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that I believe a gain in P2 necessarily has to do with excess anything that it already on protocol. I think sometimes your body just retains water. I know in R1 I did protocol perfectly, no cheats of any kind, and I still had gains every now and then. I'm just saying that maybe your gain would have happened anyway and may not have been because of a few extra calories, but I'm not an expert and maybe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Missymom View Post
    I have tried protein, fat, carbs. They all make me gain. I don't gain with anything in P3 and only seem to be sensitive to flour in P4. Hormones are rough for me, so it could just be that hcg makes me very sensitive.
    Have you tried food combining or eating for your blood type? I think there is value there as I really believe there is a link with gaining and the combined foods one eats. Even Dr S addresses combining certain foods will make one gain... eating fats + sugar & starch combo comes immediately to mind.
    Think thin thoughts and it will become your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mgsondance View Post

but my question is this- if i'm eating almost no carbs, and high fat, how can i gain weight if i'm not triggering an increase in insulin?
    To gain weight we have to trigger our insulin response too high?

Quote Originally Posted by poobears View Post
    Yes I've lost eating processed foods and lots of supposedly instant gain foods/drinks. I've found the same foods I could lose on before I can lose on while on HCG. It doesn't change anything in my body as far as sensitivity, all it seems to do is help suppress my appetite and maybe boost my metabolism, I seem to lose a little better then without HCG.

But if you had to avoid processed foods before HCG to lose you will with HCG too.
    I don't want to eat processed foods. I want to eat healthy foods in moderation without putting on bloat.

Dr. Simeons did say that he noticed people taking HCG did lose weight and they were taking it not for the purpose of losing weight but to increase their hormone levels.

If this is the situation I think it is, then it must suppress appetite. See, it doesn't make sense because he also said that because HCG is releasing stored fat even the slightest bit of food you eat will cause a gain or stall. Or am I reading this incorrectly? Is it only for people trying to lose weight?

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    i ate about 2 oz of cheese the other day and gained 1.5#. that would not have happened on P3, if i hadn't had cheese for a week.

crez- SF says that it's impossible to store fat without the presence of insulin. but if i eat too many calories in P3, even with no fruit and not a lot of veggies, i'll gain.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Blog Entries
    If this is the situation I think it is, then it must suppress appetite. See, it doesn't make sense because he also said that because HCG is releasing stored fat even the slightest bit of food you eat will cause a gain or stall. Or am I reading this incorrectly? Is it only for people trying to lose weight?

That's what he says, but I know men take it weekly, or even twice a week, at much higher doses to trick their bodies in to producing more testosterone, and they don't gain weight or change their diets. A small dose would be 500 and up to 5000 at one time.
    Last edited by Sabina; May 25th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

I crept up in the 3 weeks of P3 and 3 weeks of P4 a little, especially when adding carbs. But when I loaded for R2, my weight went off the charts. I gained 7lbs in two days--that weren't P3 foods! (And then lost is all in 2 days of VLCD, so it's water.) But I did not do this on R1 load and think I ate way more, because I was able to. I couldn't eat as much load on R2 but I gained five more pounds.

I don't know. I don't know if I'm going to find an answer to this or how long it will take.

Gaining 7lbs, 5lbs extra on my second load concerns me. The possibilities are:

--It could be my body needs way more time to stabilize before I can add back P4 foods than 3 weeks.
    --It could be that I won't bloat up after R2, because all rounds are different
    --It could be a carb sensitivity issue or other allergy
    --Could it be like this forever? I doubt it, bodies do adjust to so many things and weight lifters don't have this problem, I believe, other wise, they wouldn't take it.
    --It could be something I haven't even considered

That's what he says, but I know men take it weekly, or even twice a week, at much higher doses to trick their bodies in to producing more testosterone, and they don't gain weight or change their diets. A small dose would be 500 at one time.
    Body builders take 500iu once or twice a week to increase their testosterone and does it increase their appetite? So what would happen if I took a body builders dose of HCG and ate "normally"? I think if they experienced fat loss this way they would use it for that to cut fat but they don't.

I asked these questions on a body building forum. No one wrote back.
    Last edited by crezman; May 25th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast