Popular Pages

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost 29lbs on rx hcg....while drinking alcohol 3 times a week...no judgement please!

Lightbulb Lost 29lbs on rx hcg....while drinking alcohol 3 times a week...no judgement please!

I have read extensively the risks of drinking alchol while doing VLCD on hcg, so please no lectures, but I just wanted to inform you all that I successfully had wine (would fill up half the glass with my fav sauv. blanc, and the other half with Pellegrino, and repeat twice haha), as well as vodka & club soda with lots of lime (prob no more than 2 in one night) DURING subl. rx hcg P2, and I lost 29lbs successfully in 43 days. I always drank plenty of water (more the days I drank), and did some light walking as well. I prob drank around 3 times a week, and would exclude fruit the day I drank. Just wanted to let anyone know that was looking for info on alcohol & hcg. Thanks ladies! This site is a true gem.

Start where you are. alcoholswab's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liltarap55 View Post
    I have read extensively the risks of drinking alchol while doing VLCD on hcg, so please no lectures, but I just wanted to inform you all that I successfully had wine (would fill up half the glass with my fav sauv. blanc, and the other half with Pellegrino, and repeat twice haha), as well as vodka & club soda with lots of lime (prob no more than 2 in one night) DURING subl. rx hcg P2, and I lost 29lbs successfully in 43 days. I always drank plenty of water (more the days I drank), and did some light walking as well. I prob drank around 3 times a week, and would exclude fruit the day I drank. Just wanted to let anyone know that was looking for info on alcohol & hcg. Thanks ladies! This site is a true gem.
    My thought was not judgement, since there are a constant stream of posts of this type (speaking of how people made an adjustment to the diet that did not bite them on their behind), and I think the same thing every time....

I wonder how much you would have lost if you had not made that adjustment.

(ponder)

29 pounds is impressive for an estrogen creature though, if your chromosomes swing that way~ GRATS~

It does feel a LITTLE judgy when you say that, even if you are not trying to be.I surpassed my ,goal by 8 pounds,so no need to wonder. I don't! Thanks.

So many people go off protocol and it works. Some it doesn't work for them.

I'm with swab though and don't want to wonder how much more I could've lost or wonder if I won't stabilize because I couldn't wait 30 or so days to drink. My body is sensitive to a lot though so I know it'd make me gain a ton!
    Start 148.6
    30 days P2 136.6

-12 lbs & -18.75"

Thanks, that's good to know! I am planning to stick to the original 500 calorie protocol for my first round, but in subsequent rounds, I think I may make some adjustments based to the diet based on how my body responds. It's great to know that it might be possible to have a drink now and then for a special occasion without doing irrepairable damage to my results!
    R1 lost 35lbs

Regained + 5 w/baby number 3.

R2
    VLCD 1: +5(loading)
    VLCD 2: -1.6
    VLCD 3: -1.4
    VLCD 4: -1

Start where you are. alcoholswab's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Boxing Ring is not my vibe.

(wanders off to find some positivity)
    Last edited by alcoholswab; November 20th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Some can cheat and lose and some can't. The main thing though is will you KEEP the weight off? That's what no one knows yet. Good luck.

Oh you lucky lucky you!! I was too chicken to cheat on both of my P2s. On my R2P3 I had alchohol and carbs and gained a pound or so. I wouldn't drink until late P3/early P4. But my body reacts better to slow----I mean SLOOOOOW changes. As said earlier some people can add things and not gain. I drink now without gains but I still gain from some starches.
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

R/P/M
    Round 2, Phase 2, Homeopathic Drops
    Thank you all who were brave enough to post on this topic. I want to share my experience and get any feedback (please be gentle!) you want to share.

I started on R1 of HCG this spring at 180 lbs and after 40 days was down to 151.8. I popped up to 154.5 at the end of R1/P3. I am on R2/sublingual homeopathic drops, VLCD 20 - morning weight today 142.4 (yay!) goal is 135-138 (I am 5'5" - and this was a good weight for me in my 30s (I am turning 46 next month.)

I went a little crazy with the wine in R1/P3...frankly right from the first day. My weight never went up from this...in fact, over the first 4 weeks of adding wine and good fats (about 1800-2000 calories a day) I lost 4 lbs - down to 148.0. Where the weight went up was when I would eat carbs - particularly in big chain restaurants when you aren't sure what else they are putting in the rice...or worse, having chips/tortillas/salsa sort of food. The grain carbs were the worst offenders (wheat and rice.) But surprisingly, small portion of (organic) potatoes once a day with dinner never seemed a problem.

As I said, now I am in R2 of HCG, and after about day 15, I have allowed myself wine 2-3 times a week (2-3 glasses.) I certainly can't have as much as I would have pre-diet (not sure if this is just less fat overall to metabolize the alcohol, or less food in system to slow it down.) I never have had melba toast and I skip the second fruit on the days I have wine. No gains - just steady losses so far.

While I have a better understanding now of my relationship with food, like many people who have commented, I miss wine! I tend to be one of those people that is thinks, "I've had a great day! ...let's celebrate with a glass of wine!" ...or "I've had a terrible day...let's celebrate with a glass of wine!" hahaha...I know that is a little messed up - and probably related to my messed up family structure of either stuffing feelings or exploding feelings...

Anyway, my whole point here is to say that while I do NOT want to quit drinking .... I would like a healthier relationship with alcohol that doesn't feel so needy of it at 5:00 each day! Also, I am concerned that once I reach my goal weight, I will be risking other health issues by drinking as much as in the past (since I won't be able to handle as much) such as blood sugar issues...and just generally don't like waking up with that fuzzy headed feeling...makes it too hard to get to the gym.

So if any of you have dealt with this and have advice that doesn't sound like "just pull yourself together" I would appreciate it. The HCG weight loss has really made me feel transformed...I feel like I could do anything now! So, I am ready to look at this issue, but it isn't an easy habit to break (or I would have already.)

Sorry this was a little rambling and thanks for your feedback!

lj

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Did you know that hcg is used to help break dependance on alcohol? I don't know that the homeopathic works that way though but the shots sure do. So you might try to get the shots and see if it changes things for you. Hcg does something with your head. I HATED onions. I can't even begin to tell you how nasty I thought they were. After my 3rd round, I suddenly started craving them. That's like saying I was craving cooked tarantulas. LOL But something changed and I believe hcg caused it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast