Popular Pages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh NO! I already mixed sublingual solution, and *now* I read about Dalton size! UGH

Well that sucks, but thanks for looking into it, Alcoholswab. I have been doing sublingual as originally planned for the past 6 days, and have seen fantastic results with little to no hunger. I just know there is more to it. There's no way I'd be seeing these results if it was just placebo! I know my body too well, and even more than that, I know my body on a diet too well! I've had trouble even doing 1500 or 1800 calories per day (too much hunger) and I'm very strongly and confidently doing 500 now. Also, if it was just a placebo and it was the calorie restriction doing the work there's no way I'd have numbers like I have, consistently. I think the first few days may just have been water, but not every day.

Anyway, I'm continuing with the sublingual and am keeping my ears open about this whole thing. Although I am very eager to hear what results, etc, the injections bring as well. Thanks ladies! Love and luck to all!!

Start where you are. alcoholswab's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    I have requested Dr. Belluscio's leave to post his answer to my e-query and provided him with a link to his namesake part of the forum.

Hopefully that is sufficient to get him to drop by and perhaps post, or provide permission to post exactly what he wrote to me.

(crosses fingers)

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Subject: Inquiry for Dr. Belluscio regarding dalton units and hCG absorbtion (from moi):

Dr. Belluscio,

I was scanning through different literature and came across some information that has me questioning a sublingual application of hCG.

I was wondering if you could speak to the truth of this.

- ~300 daltons is the maximum weight of a protein that can be readily absorbed by the submucosal membranes
    - Insulin is over 5000 daltons, which is the reason why there is no sublingual applications offered, forcing diabetics to inject themselves
    - hCG is even larger still (30000+ daltons)

If I am understanding this correctly, then no hCG would be able to be absorbed sublingually via drops.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this question.
    Dr. Belluscio's reply:

Subject: Re: Inquiry for Dr. Belluscio regarding dalton units and hCG absorbtion

Hello:

Good point, which has been the subject of my interest for the past 25 years.

We have, on one side, the Double Blind studies concluding oralhCG decreases fat masses from conspicuos body areas more efficiently than placebo.
    http://www.oralhcg.com/english/in2.6.htm

Also in rats, using the intrarectal approach, a mucose quite similar to sublingual mucose.

http://precedings.nature.com/documents/5781/version/1

But: how is that oralhCG has a metabolic action, and cannot be detected in plasma using the standard radioimmunoassays for hCG?

And here comes a new approach to detect hCG in plasma: High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC).

Sorry I cannot be more explicit, since our Research program is underway, and cannot disclose any detail on the protocols.

Anyhow, many thanks for your smart inquiry.

Best regards,

Dr. Daniel Oscar Belluscio
    Director-The hCG Research Center
    ISAUC Foundation
    http://hcgobesity.org/research
    http://hcgobesity.info
    http://hcgobesity.org/ifcor
    http://oralhcg.com
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The information contained in this email and its attachment(s) is
    CONFIDENTIAL and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the
    addressee.
    If you are not the intended addressee you are asked to respect that
    confidentiality and you must not redistribute, disclose, reproduce or make
    use of its contents except as intended.
    As far as legally possible, I herewith exclude any liability for loss or
    damage caused by software viruses.
    Thank you.
    My request to bypass his confidentiality thing:

Subject: RE: Inquiry for Dr. Belluscio regarding dalton units and hCG absorbtion

Dr. Belluscio, I cannot properly express my gratitude at your speedy reply to my question. I appreciate you taking the time to address my concern, as far as your own research will permit.

With your permission I would like to post the content below on an hCG forum (http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f22/), where others may view it to help disperse some of the anxiety that has grown over the issue of dalton weight. I would remove all e-mails and refuse to provide any means of contacting you or your clinic.

Would you be comfortable with me posting the information below?
    Dr. Belluscio's reply:

Hello:

Feel free to post the information on your web.
    A word of caution ,however: until we gather all the data that will allow us to fully sustain our working hypothesis from a Scientific point, our Research Center keeps a low, academic profile.
    We will appreciate your cooperation on this issue.

Perhaps you could brief these investigations explaining your readers that a serious and responsible research program is actually underway.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best regards,

Dr. Daniel Oscar Belluscio
    Director-The hCG Research Center
    ISAUC Foundation
    http://hcgobesity.org/research
    http://hcgobesity.info
    http://hcgobesity.org/ifcor
    http://oralhcg.com
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The information contained in this email and its attachment(s) is
    CONFIDENTIAL and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the
    addressee.
    If you are not the intended addressee you are asked to respect that
    confidentiality and you must not redistribute, disclose, reproduce or make
    use of its contents except as intended.
    As far as legally possible, I herewith exclude any liability for loss or
    damage caused by software viruses.
    Thank you.
    So glad that he gave me leave to post this here

I <3 Dr. B!

R/P/M
    R5/P3/Rx SQ
    Blog Entries
    thanks alcoholswab for all ur work in getting us answers to this perplexing question!!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnj3NHx/]

Round 1 Starting day = Jan 1 @ 192 VLCD45 = 168
    Round 2 starting day = July 14 @ 181 VLCD43 = 158
    Round 3 starting day = Jan 5 @ 181 VLCD45 = 158
    Round 4 starting day = June 1 @ 175 VLCD28 = 152
    Round 5 starting day = Jan 4 @ 182 VLCD45 = 160

Okay you guys are going to hate me. I do *not* view Dr. B. as impartial in the LEAST bit. If he was in charge of a double-blind study, I would NOT trust in the results, unless those results had been replicated a few times over, by people with no critical interest in the outcomes. Actually, come to think of it, that IS how it is in the scientific community. I have nothing against him, and I am grateful that he is doing all this work. But his very livelihood depends upon the outcome of his "trials", and thus I will not be swayed much.

I am about to post how I think HCG *is* helping me - and I am breaking the vast MAJORITY of the HCG "rules".

ps: I am not usually such a renegade, LOL
    Barbie

12/1 - 192 ---> then began high-kcal PALEO diet for first time
    1/1 - 184 ---> began HCG (continued 2,000 kcal high fat/high protein diet)
    1/17 - 176.2
    1/17 - forum is too stressful, my cortisol levels are shooting up. Unsubbing board today. Feel free to email me privately if you would like to keep in touch...

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cynm View Post
    thanks alcoholswab for all ur work in getting us answers to this perplexing question!!!!
    Glad to help

I really like what he's saying, because he leaves you with a "holy smokes the hCG might be there, we're just not looking at it the right way." We know so little in scientific terms, that feeling that the dalton unit is the final word on the subject (especially considering the nearly overwhelming anecdotal evidence that exists) is someone I do not see eye to eye with.

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by alcoholswab View Post
    Glad to help

I really like what he's saying, because he leaves you with a "holy smokes the hCG might be there, we're just not looking at it the right way." We know so little in scientific terms, that feeling that the dalton unit is the final word on the subject (especially considering the nearly overwhelming anecdotal evidence that exists) is someone I do not see eye to eye with.
    Thanks, Alchohol! I have tried prescription cream, injections and sublingual rx. Sublingual rx was the only method that actually killed my appetite all the way. Shots were the absolute worst for me, hunger wise. So I will continue with sublingual rx my next time around. Think I gained back what I lost on the shot portion of my last round, as I was hungry that whole time.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieSmith View Post
    Okay you guys are going to hate me. I do *not* view Dr. B. as impartial in the LEAST bit. If he was in charge of a double-blind study, I would NOT trust in the results, unless those results had been replicated a few times over, by people with no critical interest in the outcomes. Actually, come to think of it, that IS how it is in the scientific community. I have nothing against him, and I am grateful that he is doing all this work. But his very livelihood depends upon the outcome of his "trials", and thus I will not be swayed much.

I am about to post how I think HCG *is* helping me - and I am breaking the vast MAJORITY of the HCG "rules".

ps: I am not usually such a renegade, LOL
    Barbie

Well, I'm doing the sublingual and I love it. You've never done sublingual, and yet you offer forth an iron-clad opinion on it. It sort of sounds to me like you've got your mind set on sublingual not working, and to be honest it offends me a little bit. I suppose that if you have your mind set on your being right about the dalton size nothing will sway you. And I'm not debating the validity of the dalton size issue, I'm simply saying that the situation is not so simple-something that Dr. Belluscio himself admits to. There are far too many successful sublingual cases (myself included) for the dalton size to be the last word on the subject, but you seem to be stuck on the idea that injections are the only correct way, and that's just not fair.

I am also caught up on your posting about being a "human guinea pig" with regard to the program you have put together for yourself. I'm glad you've found something that works for you, and I am extremely interested in your results with what your're doing-it's probably something few people could pull off, but I think it might be something that could work for me (I barely gained when loading and on a couple of cheat days). But it's really not fair to expect everyone to back up your personal experience with that and then for you to be so dismissive of anyone else's personal experience on sublingual. Methinks you've got some blinders on and you're selectively using information to ensure your way is the 'right way'. Let me know when you become a medical researcher and do your own studies on the subject. Heck, let me know when you even do sublingual HCG so you know what the heck you're talking about!

<stepping off to calm down>

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    This appears to have evolved into a bit of a crusade for you, which is fine as long as you are open to new information coming in that might run contrary to what you think.

That does not appear to be the case.

Dr. Belluscio, including the other doctors connected with his study, speak of High Pressure Liquid Chromatography as a means of detecting hCG and instead of taking a step back and even considering the validity of the claim, you immediately dismiss it. You have dismissed him, citing him as far too biased to be a trustworthy source because he does not pass your vetting criteria/on (not sure how many hoops he'd have to jump through to be heard).

On the other thread (I am a human GUINEA PIG! I am breaking all the rules, but it is *still* working!) if one is able to wend their way through all the drama over the placement of your thread and how large of a target audience you are speaking to, you will see that sportsgal raises a really interesting question, which was summarily dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsgal View Post
    If your post about the Dalton size was proven, then wouldn't all of the people who use sub lingual HCG or hHCG NOT be able to do the entire protocol? Meaning, if sub lingual HCG really wasn't able to enter into the bloodstream then wouldn't there be a TON of people who were weak, tired, dizzy, light headed and NOT losing fat on this diet? If you eat 500 calories a day without HCG working, then your body WOULD go into starvation mode and it would actually STORE fat, not lose it.

Just wondering...
    I think it deserves as much air time as the dalton weight thing, since it's a really solid question in my eyes.

This does not stand up, but if we're honest it is being put up against...

Alcoholswab, I haven't posted any research (I simply don't have time right now - mom just came home from double-bypass surgery, and getting ready for Christmas visitors on Thursday!!!), and unfortunately (stupid me) I did not bookmark anything. A simple Google for "HCG dalton size" will take you to 100's of hits.
    My advice: If you don't believe in that method, then use another.
    Last edited by alcoholswab; January 17th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Good job! You've successfully driven a smart, informed young woman off the forum for posting scientific fact!

I think the people defending sub-lingual hCG are forgetting one simple thing... restricting yourself to 500 calories for a short 26-43 day cycle is certainly going to make you lose weight REGARDLESS. These same arguments always come up on controversial diets. I've been through them all... the Fat Smash Diet, Ideal Protein, Medifast, Atkins, and so on. They all work. Why? Because calories in vs calories out ALWAYS APPLIES.

Dalton size is certainly a valid point, unfortunately you cannot convince someone that believes in something so strongly. It's like trying to convince a theist that gods don't exist. It worked for me, therefore nay-sayers and whistleblowers need not apply, right?

Oh well, continue taking your hCG orally if you insist. After all, it's your body -- your life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast