Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OWL hcg diet......has anyone heard of it?

Hail the Rouge King GoingStrong's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2 Starting Jan15

OWL hcg diet......has anyone heard of it?

I've been doing research about the hcg and came across this, I admit I find it interesting. I wouldn't follow it to the letter, same way I'm doing with the "original protocol." However it does give me some ideas of an experiment I want to try on myself, this round. Here's the link: http://hcgdietomaha.wordpress.com/20...inal-hcg-diet/

So what do you think?
    "Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up."

VLCD1: -3.4
    VLCD2: -1.2
    VLCD3: -0.8 forgot injection
    VLCD4: -2.2

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    The guy has so many inaccuracies about the real protocol on this page that it was all I could do to force myself to continue to read. Sheesh. Here are some below.

1. The hcg diet isn't unsafe. Sheesh. I want to hurt him.
    2. The breaks aren't just because of immune issues. If his patients stay on hcg, they will be very unhappy with the saggy skin.
    3. Dr. S never said caffeine wasn't allowed.
    4. If he sees no difference in the way fat is lost on the hcg diet then he's not doing it right. There really IS a difference in fat stores and where the hcg makes you lose them.
    5. Dr. S never specified a steak day for p2.
    6. He restricts salt which is unnecessary.
    7. I suspect his maintenance doesn't limit starch and sugar from the way he states it.

Grammy not sure if you remember my posts but this dude is a quack. I posted this on another boards so I am not sure if you are on there or not but here is my story with him....

Hey all! More of a lurker than a poster here but I am friends with droy! Hey girl!! Anyway, wanted to chime in regarding the Omaha Med Spa plan with Dr. Abbott, first of all that dude is a quack. I actually went to his clinic, dropped $450 only to figure out the plan on my own.

Here is a basic recap of why he is a quack and why I would never follow his plan...The prefilled syringes he gave me were never a consistent dose, some would have .5cc and some would have .6 yet all were supposed to have 125IU.

The first day I went there he said they did IM shots but then he handed me a 1/2" needle to do my first injection there in the office. Um yeah not an IM shot for someone that weighed 242.2 pounds. He did get me a 1" needle but only because the HCG came out of the injection site and onto my leg.

The next issue was when I was very very hungry I called his clinic and his wife (the office manager who also did the diet) told me hunger was normal and whoever said hunger wasn't normal doesn't know what they are doing. I believed her and 3 days later I was so hungry that I called again to speak with the doc but of course he was "with a patient" and she said he would call me back. Each time I have been in that office there was never another patient in there. Never. Anyway, that afternoon I got a call back from his nurse who I had never met before and she asked if I was the one calling about the appetite suppressant. I was completely confused and said yeah the HCG diet because that is what I thought she meant by a suppressant. Nope, she said she wanted to put me on Phenetermine and when I asked her if that was the same thing as Phen Phen back in the day she said no it had nothing to do with Phenetermine. Well of course I am not dumber than a box of rocks and when there is Phen in the name I went ahead and google and found what it was. I am very sensitive to stuff like that and even asked the nurse if it would do anything to my heart and she said no. She told me to take half a pill each day and that my hunger would go away. I finally asked another HCG board that I am on and they said not to do that and hunger was not good and that my dose was wrong. So I called back and spoke to another person in their office and told them I wasn't taking the Phen as it made me hyped up and I only got about 4 hours a sleep because of it. It also made my heart race and I felt higher than a kite. LOL! Anyway, she put me on hold so she could talk to Dr. Abbott, she comes back and says "he wants you to double your dose so do one shot in the morning and one shot in the afternoon." WHAT?! Take 250IU of HCG because of my hunger? Again not dumber than a box of rocks so I asked the boards again and that is when I quit going to him. They told me the additional HCG would be $30 more per week so what I did was bought all the HCG, put the extra HCG into a sterile vial and drew it up myself so I knew I was getting a consistent amount.

I did lose weight on the diet but I only did his rogue plan for about 10 days.

You all can do your own research and decide what you want to do but just wanted to warn you about this doctor and his way of thinking. He isn't the brightest I can tell you that.
    Last edited by michaela; January 25th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    I just read the link and I have to say that the comments made by Omahamedspa are disturbing. They encourage the use of appetite suppressants and long term usage of hcg. They don't believe that immunity exists so they allow users to continue...the problem I have with this isn't whether or not immunity exists. It's the fact that we can not go for months and months on a 600-700 calorie program. Your health would suffer...malnutrition, connective tissue damage, etc. I have the same belief with huff users that continue past 50-60 days. Your body and organs need to refresh and renew.

Just my opinion.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

oh and he also doesn't believe in immunity. He said I could keep going and going and going and going with the HCG diet as long as I wanted to. There is some stuff in there that sounds interesting but I wouldn't trust this doctor with a 10 foot pole.

R/P/M
    R 4 P2 Sub Q
    I about died reading this - I went to Omaha Med Spa too - I followed his "take" on the diet for about 4 days til I found this forum. He (Dr Abbott) also told me to DOUBLE my dose when I complained of hunger. that's when I quit him and decided to mix for myself the next time I tried P2. I KNEW the dose was wrong, and the needle size as well. It was an IM dose (supposedly) with a Sub q needle. SO FRUSTRATING. He is completely out for the money, and I feel so badly for his pateints doing the OWL diet, they probably will never have the right results. I can't believe how much better I feel on this Round and it's because my dose is correct. This guy was a family practioner and found HCg and is using it to feather his nest for retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyred View Post
    I about died reading this - I went to Omaha Med Spa too - I followed his "take" on the diet for about 4 days til I found this forum. He (Dr Abbott) also told me to DOUBLE my dose when I complained of hunger. that's when I quit him and decided to mix for myself the next time I tried P2. I KNEW the dose was wrong, and the needle size as well. It was an IM dose (supposedly) with a Sub q needle. SO FRUSTRATING. He is completely out for the money, and I feel so badly for his pateints doing the OWL diet, they probably will never have the right results. I can't believe how much better I feel on this Round and it's because my dose is correct. This guy was a family practioner and found HCg and is using it to feather his nest for retirement.
    Wow that is crazy you went to him too! I still can't believe I forked over the $450! I had actually signed up for 2 months so I paid $250 up front, then at the end of the first month I was to pay another $250 and then at the end of the 2nd month pay another $250 for a total of $750. When I called and said that I could no longer do the HCG diet and that I wasn't going to pay the extra $300 is wife told me that she didn't think I could do that and would have to get back to me. I told her that I sure as shit could get my money back as nowhere does it state that I can't cancel and I hadn't even used that month of HCG yet! I literally went back and forth arguing with them about getting my money back and finally after a week she agree to only charge my card the $200 and that the other $300 wouldn't be.

They are a nightmare and I know some people like doing the rogue thing but this is not a doctor you should follow. I mentioned it before, do your research because I jumped right in and got screwed.

Oh and he also has a black mark on his medical record. His nurse was giving out Latisse when she obviously wasn't legally allowed to do that. I went to look to see if he was a real doctor here in the States since he is from Canada and has only practiced here for a short period of time given his age and that is what I found.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    Comments on his website are moderated, too. I feel so bad for all of the people who haven't found this forum that are struggling with his diet protocol.

R/P/M
    R 4 P2 Sub Q
    I feel like it was my own fault in a way, I gave him not only money, but power. He gave me the pre filled syringes, and I took them, when I should have taken things into my own hands and mixed myself. It isn't hard to do, but for some reason it REALLY intimidated me. I wish there was a way to get to his "patients" who are being given all this incorrect information. That is the real shame - people paying good money for bad advice - people trusting him because he is an doctor, when really he has sold his integrity for more $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyred View Post
    I feel like it was my own fault in a way, I gave him not only money, but power. He gave me the pre filled syringes, and I took them, when I should have taken things into my own hands and mixed myself. It isn't hard to do, but for some reason it REALLY intimidated me. I wish there was a way to get to his "patients" who are being given all this incorrect information. That is the real shame - people paying good money for bad advice - people trusting him because he is an doctor, when really he has sold his integrity for more $$$.
    Yup the only reason I knew to mix my own was I have a friend that belongs to this forum as well as the help of this forum. My mom is a nurse and brought me some sterile centrifuge tubes so that I could combine all my premixed syringes. That way I could draw up my own HCG to make sure i got the dose right. Funny enough I have had a harder time with my dose this round than last but I also switched from IM to SQ. I think I am pretty close to having my dose tweaked right but we will see.

I also wish there was a way to warn people about him. I of course only saw the good comments of his blog and thought this was the greatest plan out there! Um no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast