Popular Pages

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I be welcome?

Question Will I be welcome?

Hello, everyone. I just joined the forum after doing major research on HCG, including reading Pounds and Inches many times, medical journals and textbooks, HCG tests, reading testimonials (pro and con but mostly pro).

After switching to a high fat/low carb diet and getting my insulin resistance under control, I've gone from 250 pounds to today's weight: 157. In the last three years I've gone from a size 24 pants, to a petite 12 waist, petite 10 thighs and seat. Based on extensive medical research I've reduced my leptin level (and thus my leptin resistance) by 40%, and cured my hypothyroidism. At 5'4", I've still got 20 pounds to a truly healthy weight.

I don't believe HCG is necessary in the presence of very reduced calories -- if they are the right calories. I'd like to respectfully give my reasons and start a controlled experiment to prove this here. If I'm right, I'll lose my last 20 at a faster than my usual drip, drip, drip weight. And if I'm right, some folks here will be able to replicate what I've done without using HCG at all. That is, they'll be able to lose just as much weight, just as many inches, just as much 'abnormal' fat as with HCG -- and without any hunger.

However, I don't want to step on any toes, and I don't want to upset anyone, least of all the forum founders, who have worked so hard to set up the forum, maintain it, and to share their wisdom with so many. So rather than 'do first, apologize later' I'd like to ask up front if my notes and experiment will be welcomed here. I hope so, but want to be sure.

Thank you for listening,

SugarFree

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    My question to you; Are you going to have some type of scan, such as a Bod Pod, to know what type of weight you're losing? Without it I'm not sure you'll be able to convince many, if any, that you lost "abnormal" fat and not muscle/food fats.

As for having it here on the forum...everyone is entitled to their views and as long as it's not aggressive or negative towards hcg then I'm personally okay with it. I'll take it with grain of salt as I don't really have idea what's happening on the other side of your posts. Are you really not hungry, are you really losing, are you really.... Know what I mean?
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

> My question to you; Are you going to have some type of scan, such as a Bod Pod, to know what type of weight you're losing?

Robin,

Yes. I have a professional Tanika monitor that not only measures my fat percentage in general, but also my *visceral fat* percentage, which is the more important number. It also provides lean body mass information, and I will post that here as well as my measurements. Since I do intense weight lifting sessions I have a LOT of muscle, especially on my arms. I will take those measurements as well. And at the end of the experiment I will have full blood work done (my last was early January so there will be very recent numbers to compare. And of course, I will continue to monitor my blood glucose numbers with my meter, which holds a full 30 days of measuring.

I will also take body measurements, Without it I'm not sure you'll be able to convince many, if any, that you lost "abnormal" fat and not muscle/food fats.

> as long as it's not negative towards hcg then I'm personally okay with it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'negative' because, although I will be extremely respectful, I do intend to show that it is not the HCG that is working, but the caloric restriction. If I fail to do that, everyone here will be the first to know it. I have no problem eating a little crow with my salad.

> Are you really not hungry, are you really losing, are you really.... Know what I mean?

I do, and will be writing about all that honestly. I figure this is a good time to do the experiment, because I'm so close to goal now, and losing is tough for me. If I still had over a hundred pounds to lose the weight would probably come off fast no matter what I did.

R/P/M
    I/IV/HHCGD
    Blog Entries
    Jump on in. Throw up a ticker in your sig so we can see your progress and have at it.

There is a lot to say about the mental necessity to take a supplement to boost weight loss. I don't think that there is any doubt in the world that you can lose weight by your method. I'm proud of you for losing 93 lbs in 3 years. The question ultimately is, though, can I lose my last 55 lbs (90 lbs total) in less time than that and feel just as powerful and energetic?

One of the motivating factors of hCG is the speed at which it works. The daily stepping on the scale to see a loss is some of the best motivation anyone can have to continue the effort.

That all being said, welcome to the forums. I am glad you have done your research and didn't come in blasting everyone for being sheeple to the god of hCG. Most of us are here not because of hype and promises, but because we and/or someone close to us has succeeded with this program.

I will not take you up on this challenge for a couple of reasons - 1) I'm a guy and we lose weight differently (not necessarily "better" ) and 2) I won't be ready to start my next round for about 10 more days.

However, I would like to offer some personal thoughts that could be used as a guideline for accurate measuring.

1) You and your challenger should both start with a similar height, weight and thus BMI, not BMI alone.
    2) Try to pick a female close to the same age. Body hydration and ideal body fat indicies vary with age.
    3) Even though the food is the biggest difference here, it should attempt to be as similar as possible with differences noted.
    4) Measurements should be taken by similar affordable gizmos available at home.

Those are just my ideas. I love a good challenge so long as it's clean & fair and there is honorable sportmanship (did I just sound like Coach from Survivor? Yikes!)
    Last edited by VentureForth; March 9th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Click on my ticker to see my weekly progress chart!

I was on calorie restriction for ages .....will just maintain the wt and thats it ....on hcg I am losing fat and I know its HCG because thats what is new I have done this experiment and I know hcg works no question about it anymore in my mind...if calorie restriction has worked for you thats great...But HCG works with VLCD too ummm better than most diets I have been on...and did I mention without any effort or exercise?
    R2P2 .......SLOW LOSER BUT LOST SOME .....

R/P/M
    I/IV/HHCGD
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyoverwt View Post
    and did I mention without any effort or exercise?
    That's a good point and should be another aspect of the challenge. NO restrictions on exercise or lack thereof, but formal exercise SHOULD be documented. Like mine: Day 1, none....Day 34, none...

As long as you are respectful, negativeness isn't bad. What's bad is in-yo-face vitriolic smak talk and flaming. That is not very nice and doesn't typically come with warm fuzzy reception.
    Click on my ticker to see my weekly progress chart!

R/P/M
    R4/P2/patch
    Blog Entries
    I think it's an interesting idea, but would like to posit that your results may be specific to those who've dealt with insulin resistance, leptin resistance, and hypothyroidism.

Not everyone here has dealt with the issues you have, and it's quite possible that your body composition, metabolism and digestive processes, etc might make you an "outlyer" of sorts in your own study.

I'd be certain to follow your progress and results, though! And you may be on to something great for folks who've had your issues.

R5 TOTAL:
    R1 Total: -19.4 lbs (2011)
    R2 Total: - 12.2 lbs
    R3 Total: - BUST
    R4 Total: -22.4 lbs (June '13)

R/P/M
    R4/P2/patch
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VentureForth View Post
    I love a good challenge so long as it's clean & fair and there is honorable sportmanship (did I just sound like Coach from Survivor? Yikes!)
    LMAO! *cue the Tai Chi soundtrack* LOL

R5 TOTAL:
    R1 Total: -19.4 lbs (2011)
    R2 Total: - 12.2 lbs
    R3 Total: - BUST
    R4 Total: -22.4 lbs (June '13)

Blog Entries
    This is an experiment I will be following closely. I do not think that it is possible to do 500 calories and NOT be hungry, w/o Hcg, and I don't think it's possible to look and feel healthy w/o Hcg.

I would have to do some major Phentermine or something, but then I'd still be weak and haggard looking.

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7527868/We...ject-Published

I wrote this paper a while back when i was looking for a solution to my weight. I used this information to create a program whereby i would eat the amount of protein i needed to keep my muscle mass and kale i was not successful but you may find the information interesting
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    [email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.