Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almond milk

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Sublingual

Almond milk

I remember seeing someone post about almond milk, but I don't remember the discussion. I found some that is unsweetened and only 35 calories per serving. Is there anytime at all that I can have this? I wish for P2 but maybe P3? Anyone know?
    **Stephanie**
    Mom of Carmen, Annalyn, and Jocelyn
    Wife to Sean

9/1 : 224.4
    10/20 : 194.4
    Goal: 145

R/P/M
    R2 injections
    I want to know this too. I know probably not P2, but maybeP3? I like the sweetened, but could easily add some vanilla stevia. Let me know if you find this out.
    ~Steph~

Load 1: 180#
    Load 2: 182 #
    VLCW1:-5#
    VLCW2: 0

R/P/M
    R3/ P4/pellets
    not sure about your allowed 1tbsp (or is it tsp?) for coffee, it may be ok since milk has fat in it but to drink as a beverage i wouldn't think is allowed on protocol because almonds aren't allowed.

i would think unsweetened almond milk would be ok for phase 3 but i would check the label to make sure they put no tricky sugars in there. your best bet would be to make it yourself.

R/P/M
    I/IV/HHCGD
    Blog Entries
    According to Sparkpeople.com, a 12 oz serving of unsweetened Almond Milk has 60 calories and 1.5g of net carbs. I would say quite alright for Phase III. For Phase II, just say no!
    Click on my ticker to see my weekly progress chart!

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Almond milk is ok for P3 I believe as I've seen it in many dessert recipes.

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

R/P/M
    R1P2 Rx Injections
    I'm in P2 and I know it is off protocol, but I have been using the unsweetened Almond Milk (35 calories in 1 cup) in my coffee for the last week and have done fine with losing still. I only use about 1/4 cup so that is like 9 calories and I don't use any other dairy products. Maybe if I start to stall I will take it out, but I am going to be done with P2 in about a week. It has helped me be able to still drink my morning coffee and not be hungry until lunch. I will be using it in P3 as well instead of going back to my half & half which has WAY more calories!

Blog Entries
    I don't think I"ve seen unsweetened Almond Milk. Is it with the cold milk or in a can/jar?
    Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

5'1" - My first goal weight is 150 lbs.

R/P/M
    R-2.3/P-2/ Pellets
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasmom65 View Post
    I don't think I"ve seen unsweetened Almond Milk. Is it with the cold milk or in a can/jar?
    Texasmom65: It is usually on the shelf in a box. Sometimes the stores will put a little in the refrigerated section as well. If you have an HEB close to you, you can get both the Central Market brand and Blue Diamond. We buy every variation of both brands: Original, Vanilla, Chocolate, Unsweetened. I used to make it by hand when my kids were little -- there was no such thing for sale -- so I am so happy to be able to stock these boxes in my pantry. They are about $2 for a 32 oz box. Of course, I'm not encouraging you to try it until you are in maintenance, but certainly give it a try then. :~)

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Sublingual
    I got mine in the health food refrigerated section at Publix (different from the regular milk and juice.) I also found the sweetened kind in lots of other stores, always refridgerated though. Never bothered to look in the section where they have condensed milk and stuff. I bought some already and it is so nasty alone, but I am saving it for P3 when I can eat it with other things.
    **Stephanie**
    Mom of Carmen, Annalyn, and Jocelyn
    Wife to Sean

9/1 : 224.4
    10/20 : 194.4
    Goal: 145

Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies. I'll have to search for it on my next shopping trip. I was thinking of using it for my coffee creamer instead of plain milk or half and half. But now that you say it taste nasty.....LOL not so sure.
    Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

5'1" - My first goal weight is 150 lbs.