Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any good cabbage soup recipes to share??

any good cabbage soup recipes to share??

hi, I'm in phase 2. its cold and rainy here today....anyone have any good soup recipes they'd like to share. I do mix my vegs and so far not a problem.....thanks for any help!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/SubQ Inj.

P2 Cabbage and Chicken Soup

I make a wonderful P2 cabbage soup!

20 oz. Water
    100g. Chicken (diced)
    100g. Cabbage
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 tsp. sea salt
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
    1/8 tsp. pepper or to taste

Most of the time I simmer it until the chicken is done, then add the cabbage so it doesn't get too done.
    I occasionally add chili pepper if I'm in the mood for some spice.

I LOVE this soup! And it is soooo filling! I hope you all enjoy it!
    Starting over.... considering this Round 1 after gaining back almost everything I lost two years ago.
    Apparently, I didn't have my heart and soul in the right place. I do now.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    i'm trying something new this time- i made up some cabbage soup (no meat) with other veggies to eat in between times if i was hungry or felt like i was tempted to snack. i used a 2# pack of cabbage, which was too much- i'd use 1#. put that in a big pot with a sliced onion, water and some garlic. added a large can of diced tomatoes. then added one green pepper (off protocol), and shredded up a zucchini and a small summer squash. put in 3 boxes of chicken stock, and a can of V8. (i did that because i had added too much water, and the broth didn't have much taste- if you cook it in the chicken broth without the water, you'll be ok). also garlic salt and some extraneous spices. i cooked it a LONG time, and then actually used my wand mixer to puree portions of it so there weren't big pieces of cabbage. divided it into baggies and froze a bunch.

i've used it to cook my fish in, and also my chicken. so far it has not affected my losses, but it's only the first week for me.

warning- this is rogue....
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Subq Inj
    Blog Entries
    Wow--I never thought to add V 8! Keep us posted as to whether or not it affects your losses. Great idea!

"Find a way or make one"

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    i will say, that i had a ton of it tonight and it does help to fill me up. tonight i added hamburger and some chili powder to it.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Chicken and Cabbage Hot and Sour Soup
    100g chicken
    Handful shredded cabbage
    1 c chicken broth
    2 tbs Bragg's liquid aminos
    Pinch red pepper flakes
    Hot sauce (to taste)(I like Louisiana)
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp ginger powder
    Squeeze lemon juice

Cook chicken in bragg's and a little water, then dice or shred. Add broth and spices. Cook 5 minutes. Add cabbage and cook additional 10-15 minutes (until desired softness). Add water as needed. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice.

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

Gonna try this tonight sounds good with a squeeze of lemon!

R/P/M
    Phase 2 hcg 1234 drops
    Blog Entries
    Hey Toothfairy.........I see your a junior member as I am. Today I started week 3 of phase 2. I know I can handle it, with just a week left on p2. I eat alot of steamed cabbage because you can eat alot of it, so it helps fill the void. OMG........your cabbage soup was excellent. Wellllll......I mean I had to change it a little. I didn't have any chicken. I had hamberger meat thawed to eat with my steamed cabbage. I made it without chicken and poultry seasoning. We plan on going to the store tomorrow, so I'll be buying more chicken, and I will be trying the chicken recipe. Thank you, thank you........I was thinking about hairy kairy.

R/P/M
    R2/P3/Drops
    Curry Chicken Cabbage Soup

2 c organic low sodium chicken broth...I use Pacific brand
    2 chicken tenders diced
    2 c napa cabbage
    1 tsp onion pwdr
    1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
    1/2 to 1 TBL curry pwdr to taste
    1/4 tsp tumeric
    2 TBL coconut pwdr to thicken
    stevia to taste
    optional...1/2 apple chopped

It is yummy...just cook till the cabbage is softened. I love Napa cabbage in soup. It's also called Chinese cabbage. It cooks down way softer than the normal kind of cabbage.

R/P/M
    R2/P3/Drops
    Oh...another spice that makes a totally different chicken cabbage soup is Herbes de Provence. Use with onion powder, garlic powder, s and pp
    and add the herbes to taste. It makes an interesting more french version of the soup. It has lavender flowers in it which makes a tasty difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast