Popular Pages

Thread: Daikon radish "fries" for P2

Daikon radish "fries" for P2

So it seems that daikon radish are probably an OK P2 vegetable (even though Dr. S says "red radish"). I got one last night for something different and searched here for what to do with it, and came up with something of an amalgamation to create P2 "fries". Here's what I did ... and I have to say they were totally delish!

Scrubbed daikon, cut off top and bottom, and gave it a scrape with a carrot peeler (don't know if you need to do this but there were some little hairy roots coming off it). Then I cut it into matchsticks. I mixed up some Bragg's liquid aminos, some apple cider vinegar and garlic and onion powder and tossed the matchsticks in it. I spread them out evenly on a cookie sheet and baked at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.

There were actually sweeter than I thought they'd turn out, not nearly as peppery/radishy as I was expecting. I ate the entire daikon and it was so filling and yummy!
    April - August 2011 225 down to 181
    Now up to 238 and starting over

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    I have done similar with red radishes and with daikon in P2.

I received some French breakfast radishes today in my farm to door delivery of organic produce. I plan to use some of them for dinner tonight.. likely braising them in chicken stock.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

Quote Originally Posted by laurenb View Post
    So it seems that daikon radish are probably an OK P2 vegetable (even though Dr. S says "red radish"). I got one last night for something different and searched here for what to do with it, and came up with something of an amalgamation to create P2 "fries". Here's what I did ... and I have to say they were totally delish!

Scrubbed daikon, cut off top and bottom, and gave it a scrape with a carrot peeler (don't know if you need to do this but there were some little hairy roots coming off it). Then I cut it into matchsticks. I mixed up some Bragg's liquid aminos, some apple cider vinegar and garlic and onion powder and tossed the matchsticks in it. I spread them out evenly on a cookie sheet and baked at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.

There were actually sweeter than I thought they'd turn out, not nearly as peppery/radishy as I was expecting. I ate the entire daikon and it was so filling and yummy!
    I made it tonight. And I sliced red radishes instead into chips, worked great and was pretty excellent.