Popular Pages

Thread: Ketchup, Honey Mustard Dressing and BBQ sauce

R/P/M
    R1/P3/HHCG

Ketchup, Honey Mustard Dressing and BBQ sauce

Ok, I had to share this. in case some hasn't made ketchup yet, (I love Ketchup so I had to make my own)

Ketchup..... I modified this from another recipe,
    6oz tomato paste
    1/4 cup of water
    1/4 tsp dry mustard
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    dash of ground clove, allspice, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
    1 1/2tbsp of apple cider vinegar (try a lesser amount on this....I'm still trying to tweak this)

Mix all ingredients together and adjust any of the ingredients to your liking. Put it in the fridge and use it whenever.
    I never counted it more than 15 to 20 calories when adding up my daily totals.

Honey Mustard dressing..........I had to have something more like "normal". These are just the ingredients. You have to mix these to your liking.

Mustard (I squeeze several tbsp into a bowl)
    Low sodium beef broth (to get a savory flavor) (Adjust this with the mustard to get the desired thickness for the dressing)
    Stevia or Truvia to desired sweetness
    put it in a user friendly bottle in the fridge.
    I swear its real close to Honey mustard dressing with no bad stuff added and very minimal calories. (its what I needed to make my salad the bomb again).

BBQ Sauce I needed this bad for grilled bbq chicken.

Take the Honey Mustard dressing, pour some into a bowl
    then take some ketchup and pour into the same bowl
    then add a little liquid smoke

all ingredients adjusted to your taste. This makes an awesome Hickory Honey BBQ sauce... I've made some I think is just as good as store bought.

I wasnt impressed with the Walden farm dressings. Too many "other"ingredients I didn't care to have. Plus it wasn't hard to make any of these, maybe 15 20 minutes.

Anyway, there you go.
    And I did use these in P2 just in case you're concerned about having them and I did not have any stall issues with any of these.
    Start: 9/30/2011. 345#
    10/24. 317#
    11/06 309# Start P3
    11/18. 300#

Failure is only determined by your resistance to keep trying, as long as we continue to try, success is in our grasp.

To get what you've never had, you must do what you've never done.

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    OMG! I love you.... No really!

R/P/M
    R1/P4
    Oh god. Awesome. I was just telling my husband I'm sick of my ACV dressing for everything. Yay!! Thank you! I lovelovelove mustard and honey mustard anyway
    Start 148.6
    30 days P2 136.6

-12 lbs & -18.75"

R/P/M
    R1 Sublingual
    I also make honey mustard, but different:

3 squirts regular mustard
    1 squirt spicy mustard
    1 packet stevia
    vinegar to desired thickness

I use it thicker for dipping chicken and thinner over a chicken salad, on the salad with dried onion flakes is great

R/P/M
    R4/P2/hhCG
    oh yummy, I totally forgot I could use mustard and I put mustard on EVERyTHING

made a spicy mustard dip for my chicken

3 big squirts spicy brown mustard
    dash liquid smoke (can omit, the cumin already gives a smokey taste)
    dash red wine vinegar, to thin out to your liking
    pinch cayenne pepper
    2 pinches cumin
    1/2 packet stevia (can add a whole packet if you want it sweeter)
    red pepper flakes (can omit if you dont take too much heat)

Round 1 Stats: 30 Days :: Starting weight 179.6 lbs:: -17.2 lbs and -21.1 inches, LDW= 162.4
    Round 2 Stats: 71 Days with a 2 week PI :: Starting weight 163.4 (after loading) :: -21lbs :: LDW 142.0
    Round 3 Stats: 28 days :: Starting weight 145lbs (after loading) ::-15lbs :: LDW 130.0
    Round 4 Starting weight 155.5lbs (after loading)
    VLC week 1 - 11.50lbs
    VLC week 2 - ????lbs

R/P/M
    R5P2 hCG patch
    Thanks so much for the great info. It sure will add a little variety to life, and my "new" hamburgs. I take a small burger, melba toast, my veggies add them altogether for a small but so yummy burger. Now I have condiments! Lol

Thank you!

howdy! im leaving for out of state in 6 days and have limited condiments, i LOVVEEE and miss honey mustard!! do you think just stevia and yellow goulds would work? i have no broth(leaving for 5 months, gee i have gross waldren farms stuff left that i spent 4.00 a piece, the only thing i LOVE is the balsamic dressing (but thats only emergency, we are whole foods and cooks!!) ewww the rest of waldren farms is just bad, its like, one taste and you automatically are grossed out and lose appetite!! thats a good thing! haah haah!! but that b great if you could give me your fine tips on the honey mustard!!! thanks so much!!

R/P/M
    R1/P3/HHCG
    Sure, that would work.....you don't have to add the broth, you could use water instead.... just to make it a more salad dressing consistency. I made a tomato vinigerette last nite that turned out great.. I used a small can of tomato sauce and apple cider viniger to taste.... then added onion powder and garlic powder. It turned out really good and will become one of my go to dressings.
    Start: 9/30/2011. 345#
    10/24. 317#
    11/06 309# Start P3
    11/18. 300#

Failure is only determined by your resistance to keep trying, as long as we continue to try, success is in our grasp.

To get what you've never had, you must do what you've never done.