Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2 Diet Saving Ranch Dressing

P2 Diet Saving Ranch Dressing

This recipe has saved me, I HAD to share it...can't believe it took me so long to find it. I'm the type who LOVES the creamy dressing feel and miss that so much on P2. Use at your own discretion...but for those who know the risks and accept them, I promise you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I found the recipe at http://miracleskinnydrops.com/2011/0...anch-dressing/.

The way that I eat this is I use half of the dressing at a time, which will cover a LOT of salad, and combine it with 50g of chicken or other protein, so that I still am at roughly 100g of protein. You should also note that you will be consuming 2 tbs of milk with half of this recipe. I blend it all up in my bullet (or other blender) so it's smooth, just like dressing. I'm also tweaking the spices, use it as a guide but as written it could definitely use a bit more seasonings, maybe even more of the ones listed...just make it to taste. I've had no problems with this dressing, but since cottage cheese is an 'occasional' food I'm trying not to push it, although I could eat it every day.

CREAMY RANCH DRESSING

1 cup cottage cheese (I use the low fat)

1/4 cup of milk soured with 1/2 tsp ACV

1/2 teaspoon dried chives

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cream the cottage cheese till all the lumps are gone then add the other ingredients. Let it rest for at least an hour so the flavors mix. If itís too thick you can thin it down with more milk or cream.

Remember to be vary aware of how much you use in p2 and count it as a protein.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    And also realize that cottage cheese stalls a lot of us. So if you stall out every time you use it, discontinue. Sounds good though. Wish I could eat it in P2 but I'm one that can't touch cottage cheese in P2.

I made one very similar to this using nonfat Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese. It has been a nice change from ACV salad dressings.

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    SkinnyJenny - Will you post the ranch recipe made with greek yogurt?
    Alicia

I got this on here somewhere. Slight disclaimer...has a couple ingredients that aren't necessarily P2 friendly. I haven't had any issues with it, and I have had it 4 or 5 times. Also, the Greek yogurt is a "rogue" protein source, and may cause some people problems. But give it a try, it is worth it!

I usually make 1/2 this amount and that comes to about 3 servings for me. I also play around with the seasonings a bit ( and I don't have the bragg's ) so it is custom every time. I love chopped up chives in it.

Ranch Dressing:
    3 Tbsp Water (or skim milk)
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    2 cartons (5.3 ounce each) nonfat plain greek yogurt
    1/8 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp mustard powder
    3/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp celery seed
    1/2 tsp parsley
    1/4 tsp Briggs Sprinkles Seasoning Mix
    1 T. finely chopped fresh chives
    1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
    10 drops stevia, unflavored
    Dash of ground red pepper
    Salt to taste
    Pepper to taste

1. Combine water and lemon juice, set aside.
    2. In mixing bowl, combine yogurt and all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix. Gradually add in lemon juice mixture to desired consistency and taste.
    3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    4. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.

Total for batch (about 1.5 cups)
    Calories: 210

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    That looks great! Thanks!
    Alicia

Looking forward to trying both of these.

Got tired of the ACVinegar dressing even dressed up with mustard and herbs.

I had choc. shakes made with cottage cheese towards the end of R1 with no problems. Even had Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2 (4 tbls) in them. (OP) They substituted for protein. Just depends on the individual. Even a small gain can't always be attributed to what you are trying out-- could be extra salt had on that day, water retention due to exercising , or any number of things.
    Advanced Tweaker
    May 1 (after 3 loading days) 232#
    R 1 (39 injections + 3 VLCDs) 203.4# LOST 28.6 #
    Goal 160 #

I think some of those spices would work well with the cottage cheese ranch recipe. I would be too scared to try greek yogurt on P2 lol.

I played around with the recipe and came up with this version, I think it has more zip than the first one. Still, season to taste.

CREAMY RANCH DRESSING 2

1 cup cottage cheese (I use the low fat)

1/4 cup of milk soured with 1/2 tsp lemon juice

1/8 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon mustard powder

1 teaspoon dried chives

1 teaspoon dried parsley

1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed (depending on how 'dilly' you like your ranch)

1/2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Optional: 1/4 tsp cayenne

Cream the cottage cheese till all the lumps are gone then add the other ingredients. Let it rest for at least an hour so the flavors mix. If it’s too thick you can thin it down with more milk or cream.

Remember to be vary aware of how much you use in p2 and count it as a protein
    Last edited by tenicia; June 29th, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

Ranch Dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp dried chives
    1/2 tsp dried parsley
    1/2 tsp dried dill weed
    1/4 tsp dried garlic powder
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp ground pepper

Mix together and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast