Popular Pages

Thread: P3 - craving sweets but can't tolerate stevia / artificial sweeteners

R/P/M
    R4 / P2 / HHCG - 73lbs lost :)

P3 - craving sweets but can't tolerate stevia / artificial sweeteners

Hi, my husband & I are 10 days from completing R1P2 & have been pretty successful. (I've lost almost 20lbs to date & he almost 35lbs.) We are both really unsure of P3 & how to approach it, so I've been doing lots of research.

We have been cravings sweets, so I am keen to find P3 safe sweets that don't contain stevia or artificial sweeteners. We are both extremely sensitive to them & they taste like bitter posion to us...

Can anyone suggest some dessert recipes that are stevia / xylitol / splenda / artificial sweetener free?

Also, along the same lines - are maple syrup, organic raw honey, agave nectar, etc acceptable on P3 & P4? What about vanilla extract?

We both really enjoy the occassional sweets but are struggling to find sugar & sweetener free options.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated - thanks

1st Wife at the Compound moabmisty's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Patches
    I think Agave is ok but, don't take my word as gospel. And, yes you can have vanilla extract. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No, none of those natural sweeteners are okay in P3. The only thing you could do is try something that has ground up apples or other fruit in it. Even apple juice isn't allowed.

1st Wife at the Compound moabmisty's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    No, none of those natural sweeteners are okay in P3. The only thing you could do is try something that has ground up apples or other fruit in it. Even apple juice isn't allowed.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. I don't use it but I thought I had heard of someone who was using it successfully.