Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranch dressing?

Ranch dressing?

Does anybody know why we aren't allowed ranch dressing?

And, is there an HCG-friendly recipe for a salad dressing that tastes similar to ranch?

Thanks!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops

Ranch Dressing recipe

This is he recipe I used before ever starting this diet. My husband is a huge mayo/dressing user so I was looking for something I could make at home to avoid the additives of commercial dressing.

First you make the milk mayo:

Milk Mayo
    1/3 cup cold milk
    3/4 cup extra light olive oil
    3/4 tsp lemon juice
    dash of salt

Put the milk and lemon juice in a quart jar and buzz with a hand blender for 30 seconds. Add salt. Slowly drizzle in the oil with blender running. Blend until it forms a mayo consistency.

Now to make the ranch dressing I add:
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp parsley
    dash of salt, pepper to taste
    about 1/8 cup of buttermilk
    Buzz with the hand blender until mixed and smooth. Add more buttermilk if needed until you get the consistency you want.

Waldon farms has a no calorie no sugar ranch dressing. You may have to adjust it to suit your taste. If you cannot find it where you live, I have ordered from their web site. The thousand island dressing is the best in my opinion.

I make this every day in my magic bullet blender. It is so delicious. I use it during P2 also.

Pop some Lowfat Cottage Cheese into the blender with a little bit of milk, some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and parsley flakes, and a generous pinch of salt. (Play with the spices, til you get it how you like it)
    Blend until smooth - add some water or chicken broth to get it to your desired consistency.
    Megan

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

R/P/M
    Round 2/Rx Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit3000 View Post
    Waldon farms has a no calorie no sugar ranch dressing. You may have to adjust it to suit your taste. If you cannot find it where you live, I have ordered from their web site. The thousand island dressing is the best in my opinion.
    Walden Farms rocks! I totally agree with the 1000 island dressing. There honey smoked bbq is really good too. My grocery store carries a few of their items in the diet pill section but I went out to their site and bought some additional things my store doesn't carry.

R2P2D8 -5.8

R/P/M
    R5 (never finished other rounds but this time I'm doing much better!)/P2/RX injections
    Quote Originally Posted by MegRN View Post
    I make this every day in my magic bullet blender. It is so delicious. I use it during P2 also.

Pop some Lowfat Cottage Cheese into the blender with a little bit of milk, some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and parsley flakes, and a generous pinch of salt. (Play with the spices, til you get it how you like it)
    Blend until smooth - add some water or chicken broth to get it to your desired consistency.
    Sounds yum!
    Jen, married for 17 yrs to my Mom to 12&14-year-olds. OB RN.
    38 yrs old 5'4"
    Starting date 9/11/11

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Pellets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MegRN View Post

Would the cottage cheese be considered a protein replacement in P2?
    ==================
    Missy
    R3/P2
    Preload - 156.2
    Postload - 159.2
    Week 1 Loss -
    Preload (-4.4)
    Postload (-7.4)

It would be a protien but the amount of cottage cheese per serving is about 2 tablespoons. So if I put shrimp on my salad I count the shrimp and cottage cheese as a total of 1 protien.
    Megan

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

It would be a protien but the amount of cottage cheese per serving is about 2 tablespoons. So if I put shrimp on my salad I count the shrimp and cottage cheese as a total of 1 protien.
    So, as an example, since we're supposed to eat 100 grams of meat, if I were to eat 20 grams of dressing made with cottage cheese, I would only eat 80 grams of meat for that meal?