Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xylitol versus Stevia

R/P/M
    R2/P2/drops

xylitol versus Stevia

I saw the recipe for mug cake and it calls for xylitol. how different is that from Stevia? Can you substitute Stevia instead?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You can but it won't be very good.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    R1P3D2
    I am sure you can... But I can tell you once you go xylitol you won't go back I can't stand stevia....so much so that I only drank water my entire cycle. Now that I am on P3 I will use xylitol and then on P4 will move on to Whey Low.

I think I have seen a recipe floating around using Stevia.

Me too! I hate Stevia, and use only Xylitol as a sugar substitute. You can use it in place of sugar anywhere, and the birch type is FAR better than the corn type. Get it at globalsweet.com

R/P/M
    R4P2 Sublingual Homeopathic
    The awesome thing about the xylitol is NO AFTERTASTE!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Subl
    Great! I am brand new and I love Xylitol; after using stevia for years I don't ever want to go back so I'm glad to hear that it is okay...I thought it was but wasn't positive. I have been using it a few months for my morning tea and now I can't find it in Anchorage. Glad to know where to order it. I love this forum!
    North to the Future

AlaskaSue-

You can find Xylitol at Natural Pantry and Fred Meyer in the organic section.

I tried the mug cake in my first try at p3 (had to go back to injections now back on p3) - and I got so sick. Tried it twice, different days. Someone told me it was probly the xylitol - so now I am scared to try it! Any ideas or anyone else have xylitol make them sick?
    43 years old
    5' 5"

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Subl
    Thank you Julie! I did find it at Natural Pantry and Fred's both, didn't think to look in the natural section duh! I also ordered from globalsweet.com as DeeGee suggested and it's already here...I like that it is made in the US from hardwood rather than 'internationally' from corn.
    Fitfan, one thing I read about xylitol is that it can have a laxative effect in a large enough dose - so that makes me think that some people new to it may need to slowly introduce it to their systems.
    North to the Future

R/P/M
    R3 P2 hCG SUB Q
    Quote Originally Posted by fitfanatic View Post
    I tried the mug cake in my first try at p3 (had to go back to injections now back on p3) - and I got so sick. Tried it twice, different days. Someone told me it was probly the xylitol - so now I am scared to try it! Any ideas or anyone else have xylitol make them sick?
    Yep!! Sends me running to bathroom everytime. I've used Kal stevia for years and I don't notice an after taste. Maybe I'm used to it but I can't stand any other brand. I'm thinking if adding zylitol a little at a time, mixed with stevia, to see if I can tolerate it and build up to using it. It didn't take much to affect me the few times I did try it.

OH I just noticed that was you, Fit.........LOL
    5' 1/2

R3 P2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast