Popular Pages

Thread: Are you all Counting your Calories?

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 3
    Blog Entries

Are you all Counting your Calories?

Hello. I am supposed to be getting started with the HCG diet this next week. I noticed all the great sounding recipes with veggies and seasonings. We already know the specified amount of meat. Are you all counting calories for your seasonings? And how much veggies are we supposed to be consuming? Aren't we supposed to be calculating calories from everything?

Or is it not a big deal?

Thanks.

Its definitely a big deal. You have to weigh your meats and measure your veggies. All of the spices and seasoning typically don't have calories... if they do, don't use them. Look in the ingredients for any starches or sugars and if there are any - don't use it. Every calorie counts.

Hope this helps - good luck next week!
    Pre-weight - 170.5
    Week 1 - down 9 lbs!

R/P/M
    R4/P3
    I just use 100 g of allowed meat and a serving of allowed veggies per meal. I also eat two apples every day. I don't count the calories; I just assume they're where they're supposed to be because that is what we're allowed per protocol. Sometimes I skip the veggies, but this round I haven't been able to give up my two delicious apples. I'm a little saddened that honeycrisp are out of season now, though!
    Mommy to 7, ages 5 months through 12 years and step-mommy to two more

Round 1:
    10/2/10 186 lbs.
    LDW 162.3
    12/21/10 156.6

Round 2:
    1/1/11 155.2 (preload weight)
    1/3/11 161.2 (load weight)
    2/19/11 136.0 (LDW)

Round 3: p2d1: 165
    12/11/12 LDW: 136

Round 4: p2d1 1/25/13
    P3D1 126.4

Round 5: finished at 142

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Pellets
    Blog Entries
    I downloaded an app to my phone to keep track of everything I eat, veggies included. It also helps me track how much water I drink since that can be an issue for me. I agree that if your seasonings have calories you should not use them.

R/P/M
    R1P3hHcg
    I have an android phone and use the app Calorie Counter (its free). I also have a digital food scale. I weigh EVERYTHING i eat, except the spices. I don't use just a "cup" of celery. I actually weigh it and put it into the calorie counter and it will tell you how many calories say 4.0 oz. of celery is. It adds your calories together for each item and then for each meal and then for the total day. I am always within 495 and 500 calories. I find there is more food to eat when you weigh your produce and fruit because then you know the exact calories. Its amazing how much cabbage you can eat. And I love it cooked. Anyway... digital food scale is great and really should be a must. I buy the 96/4 hamburger and weigh it and put it in the snack size zip loc baggies and freeze, so that I already have that measured. I do the same with chicken. If you take the time to do that, on the days that your in a hurry, it makes life easier.

Cindy
    Cindy =^. .^=

Round 1: HhCG (27 days)
    305.4 lbs. - Preload
    280 - Stabilized 25.4 lbs. lost
    Round 2: HhCG
    280 lbs. - Preload
    249.3 - LDW
    P3 Day 7 - staying within 2 lbs. of LDW

Started HCG 4/9/2011 fourtsixand2's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/hHCG
    I personally don't count calories. I weight all meats, and I weigh vegetables usually, except spinach or leafy greens.
    The fruit rule is easy and you don't measure any fruits.

I'm sure some days I eat too few calories and some days too many, but I've seen success on the scale.
    Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. ~Will Rogers

Wife and I are reading/watching ingredient labels--watching for sugar and excess salt....and measuring out the portions as laid out in the book...seem to be doing really well

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot you all for the great feedback. At first It seems kind of unnecessary to weigh the calories of veggies if the serving size and calories is on the bag (for frozen veggies), but then I realized that you all are probably buying fresh vegetables. Lol.

I think I will definitely start out counting my calories. It seems that as long as you have 1 Protein, 1 Fruit, 1 Veggie, & 1 bread (or less) per meal and stay within the 500 calories a day, a person should be fine. I am not sure about that though.
    I do have a question. Is it okay to use 100% Whey Protein Powder for
    a protein on this diet as long as I stay within the 500 calorie limit a day? I have a kind that has per scoop:

130 Calories
    25 Calories from Fat
    3g Carbs
    1g Sugar
    1g Saturated Fat
    23g Protein

Sknaht.

R/P/M
    RX Drops/Rogue
    Blog Entries

Re: Are you all Counting your Calories?

Many people use protein powders and do fine. Others have trouble with them. It's one of those that you'll have to try for yourself if you want to introduce them.

I don't count calories at all.

R/P/M
    R1/P3/SubQ Injections
    I counted calories for the first few days on the diet, but then stopped when I realized I was never going over 500, even on days when I ate ground beef. I don't eat the grissini or melba, so I think that helps keep calories in check.
    See my before and after pics at http://losingwithhcg.wordpress.com

Round 1
    Pre-loading (4/2) - 191.0
    LIW (5/18) - 164.8
    26.2lbs lost!

Round 2
    Pre-loading (7/1) - 168.2
    Post-loading (7/6)- 180.0
    VLCD20 - 159.6 (-8.6)