Once the decision has been made to start an hCG Diet program, most people are eager to get going. These hints come from personal experience, the experience of others on the forum, from Kevin Trudeau’s book, and from the original hCG Diet protocol.
1) Read “Pounds and Inches” by Dr. Simeon. Also, “The Weight Loss Cure” by Kevin Trudeau. Check out the “newcomer” threads on this forum for basic information.
2) Before you start the 500-calorie diet, get all “unapproved” food out of your house (if you can). You can’t cheat with something if it’s not there. I put anything I can in the freezer- open packs of cheese, juice, meat. Give the fresh food to friends, and pack away your cereal and crackers someplace where you won’t see them on a daily basis. If you’re buying food like cookies or chips for the kids, make them keep it in their bedroom or somewhere away from the kitchen. Out of sight, out of mind….
3) Start walking. Trudeau suggests that you walk an hour a day, but any amount is helpful. If walking is physically difficult for you, try using walking sticks or exercising in a pool. Lifting light weights is also good, and can be continued while on the protocol.
4) If you’ve had any significant problems with Candida in the past, consider doing a Candida cleanse.
5) Some of you may be doing this without your doctor‘s knowledge or approval. But if you have any serious medical problems, please consult with him or her before starting. They may not be familiar with the protocol, so consider bring them a copy of “Pounds and Inches” to read.
6) Check the ingredients of your make-up, lotion, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and deodorant. If any of them contain oil, you will want to find a similar product that is oil-free.
7) Buy up packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, extra-lean hamburger (at least 95% lean), any kind of white fish, etc. (per the protocol). Weigh out 3.5 oz portions and put them in baggies in the freezer. Then in the evenings, you can decide what your meat will be for the next day and move it into the refrigerator to thaw.
8) Prepare yourself mentally. You can do anything for 23 or 40 days. Concentrate on the positives and how much better you will feel after losing weight. If you’re comfortable telling others what you‘re doing, ask them for their support during the process. Pick a goal weight and keep telling yourself, “I weigh (x) pounds”. Take measurements and full-body pictures of yourself before starting.
9) Although eating only organic food is not required by Dr. Simeon, Kevin Trudeau recommends it. You may want to research where you can purchase organic food locally.
10) Make sure you have ordered all the supplies you will need. Buy the smallest size vials of Hcg you can afford, since your results will be better if you mix it fresh as often as possible. I do not recommend you use any Hcg that has been mixed for longer than 2 weeks. If you will be purchasing your shots pre-filled, make sure that they are mixed on the day you pick them up. Buy an approved Sharp’s container for your used needles.
What to do before starting the hCG Diet Plan – written by HDI Forums Moderator and hCG Diet Specialist, Mgsondance. Please feel free to stop by the HCG Diet Forums and offer her a “Thank you.”
Back to the hCG Diet Guide.