How to Correct and Fix an Hcg Diet Cheat
It's possible to Fix an Hcg Diet Cheat with just a few steps and keep your momentum going. The truth is, there are few people who complete the Hcg Diet Plan without an event that qualifies as a “cheat.” Often this is by accident, but occasionally, it was an active stray, or maybe (hopefully) a planned cheat. While both are easily corrected, it is important that they are done so as soon as possible. This is because the true damage of “cheating” on the HCG Diet is the psychological factor which can easily lead to a dome effect, sabotaging your efforts. Here are a few tips for getting back on track with minimal damage:
Steps to Fix an Hcg Diet Cheat
- Hcg Diet Cheat Fix #1: Your Hcg Diet cheat cannot last more than 1 hour. Remember the days of thinking, “well today's diet is ruined, I'll eat whatever I want for the rest of today and start over tomorrow.” Those days are over. Keep the cheat under an hour and you minimize the damage; under 1 hour and your blood glucose levels can recover quickly. Your calorie, sugar and carb intake are easily balanced. Most importantly, your mind can forgive, learn and continue the momentum you were on. This is the lesson: keep moving forward.
- Hcg Diet Cheat Fix #2: Immediately drink a glass of water. A small and simple step that can make a huge difference. 1st, this dilutes and flushes. Sugars are diluted and blood sugar levels can recover quicker. More of what you have eaten can be flushed through your body just after you have eaten it.
- Hcg Diet Cheat Fix #3: Eat/drink some fiber. Either via a supplement or (preferably) a high fiber food such as beans and berries that are listed in our HCG Diet Fiber Foods List. This article will also explain how to calculate how much fiber is required based on your personal needs. You can also find healthy meals and healthy food substitutions for recipes and cooking here, and also at hcgdietinforecipes.com.
- Hcg Diet Cheat Fix #4: Walk it off. Or run… or swim… or bike… whatever you preference is, immediately complete at least 20 minutes of physical activity that raises your heart rate, in addition to your daily exercise routine. Again, this will not only help balance your body's blood sugar levels but it is almost an important psychological step in staying on track with your HCG Diet journey.
- Hcg Diet Cheat Fix #5: Don't beat yourself up. This is a great lesson: you are going to learn to live effortlessly healthy and to do that, you will need to understand there is no such thing as a “cheat.” There is simply a level of balance that keeps you healthy. At the end of your HCG Diet, you want to find a place where you can eat whatever you want… just some things will be in moderation.
- If you are in Phase 3 of the Hcg Diet and your Hcg Diet cheat has resulted in a gain of more than 2 pounds since your last weigh in, then you can move on to consider the Hcg Diet Steak Day, as recommended by Dr. Simeons in his original protocol.
These are just a few steps on how to fix an Hcg Diet Cheat, and hopefully they help you along your journey. If you find yourself having repeat challenges with cheating, or wanting to cheat, this is another issue and will need to be addressed. I have other articles on uncovering the “why's” for cheating that include nutrition needs, dehydration, emotional eating and just old habits. Once you can identify the reasons, it may be easier to follow the Hcg Diet Fix steps in this article.
One thing I have found to be truly helpful, is journaling, or sharing with others about my eating habits, cravings and general feelings on food and health. There is something magical in just expressing this, and I have found that it allows me to let go and move forward surprisingly easy.
If you are struggling and not sure where to go for support, you can start in the Hcg Diet Forums here on this site. There is a specific group for Hcg Diet Cheating and plenty of helpful support ready to answer your questions and offer solutions.