Welcome to the Hcg Diet Guide
A little about Hcgdietinfo.com.
Our Founder, Jen Larson, started Hcg Diet Info after losing nearly 90 pounds on the diet and realizing there were no Hcg Diet sites on the web, yet plenty of people asking where they could learn about this “rare, unheard of medical diet” they had come across. Within a few years, HDI had become a collaborative effort by Hcg Dieters piecing information together. HDI was picked up in the press and soon there were new books being written about the diet, and thousands of success stories. In 2013, HDI passed over 100 million visits and was recognized by Google as one of the largest health sites on the web. Today, HDI has helped millions of people lose weight and dramatically change their lives forever.
Hcg Diet Guide
Table of Contents
Preparing for Hcg Diet Success
Keeping it Real: How much can you lose and what will the journey be like?
When to Throw in the Towel and When to Regroup for Your Next Round
Setting Hcg Diet Goals, The Right Way
Your Hcg Diet Calendar
How and why you should document your Hcg Diet progress
Hcg Diet Quick Start
Hcg Diet Basics
Hcg Diet Basics
Hcg Diet and Medical Conditions
Hcg Diet Instructions
Hcg Dosage Basics
Hcg Diet Timeline*
Hcg Diet Food Lists
Phase 2 Overview (bookmark for quick-reference to P2 rules, 500 calorie food list, etc)
Modifying the Hcg Diet Plan
Transitioning Off of Hcg
Phase 3 Rules and Tips
Healthy for Life after the Hcg Diet
Choosing “Skinny Living” after Hcg
HCG Diet Support
For additional questions and support, join HCG Diet Info’s HCG Diet Forums, Free!
- HCG Diet Info Forums – The largest HCG Diet community on the web!
- Jen’s Blog: HCG Diet Tips & Healthy Living
Hcg Diet Resources:
Phase 2 Calorie Count Charts
Hcg Diet Coaching (FREE)
But wait… there’s more!
Popular topics about the Hcg Diet Plan…
Hcg Diet Phases
HCG Diet Phases in a nutshell: Each HCG Diet Plan has a protocol. Each protocol consists of rounds that have specific phases. Each phase has a unique purpose.
The HCG Diet Protocol consists of separate phases. Together, they are referred to as a “round.” Dieter’s typically lose 15 to 20 lbs per round. If more weight is needed to be lost, there is a break after the final phase, and then another round is started. Rinse and repeat until goal weight is reached.
HCG Diet protocols include the following 4 phases. Note on protocol variations: Some protocols actually include 3 and 4 as the same “Maintenance phase” and have only 3 phases total. Other protocols, including Dr. Simeons Original protocol, do not include phase 1, loading phase. This can be a personal preference, however we will say that the following phase example, has shown great results from our readers, and has certainly appeared to be the most successful.
An Example Round of HCG Diet Phases:
- Phase 1 of the HCG Diet is the loading phase. Also known as the preparation phase. This phase is not on all HCG Diet protocols but it is on most and is very popular. During this two day phase, the dieter eats as much healthy fats as possible in preparation for starting the next phase. They are also welcome to eat as many “cheat” foods as they would like, with the intention of satisfying cravings prior to beginning the next phase where these foods will not be allowed. Read more: Phase 1.
- Phase 2 of the HCG Diet is the weight loss phase. This begins on day 3 of taking HCG where the dieter adheres to a specified calorie intake and carefully selected food list. For most dieters, this is the most challenging phase of the plan because there is very little room for error. Read more: Phase 2.
- Phase 3 of the HCG Diet is at the end of HCG is discontinued and the same foods from phase 2 are still eaten, but increased slowly. In this stage, this is a reintroduction period where calories and foods are slowly adjusted to maintain weight loss. Read more: Phase 3.
- Phase 4 of the HCG Diet is the phase of continuing weight maintenance for life-long health and fitness. Read more: Phase 4.
Hcg Diet Foods and Eating
The Original HCG Diet is known for its restrictive and unforgiving 500 calorie VLCD (very low calorie diet.) Some versions of the diet have evolved to allow for an HCG Diet expanded food list.
Learn what to eat on the HCG Diet and how to eat: Portion sizes, HCG Diet-friendly recipes for all phases, foods lists, plus HCG Diet cooking and shopping tips.
Hcg Diet Recipes
- About HCG Diet Foods and Recipes
- Hcg Diet Info Recipes (We have a new recipe site for Hcg Dieters!)
Tips for Hcg Diet Foods & Eating
- Hunger on the HCG Diet Plan
- Foods and Eating over Holidays and Special Occasions
- Cooking Tips
- What to Eat on the HCG Diet
- HCG Diet Supplements
- How to Dine Out on the HCG Diet
- HCG Diet Food Lists (including expanded food lists)
- Where to Shop for HCG Diet Foods
Hcg Diet Menu Samples
Sample menus and menu tips for the HCG Diet Plan.
- Original 500 Calorie VLCD Food Menu exactly as published in Dr. Simeons manuscript: Pounds and Inches.
Hcg Diet and Exercise
Exercise is an important part of healthy living, even without wanting to lose weight. While the original protocol insisted exercise was not necessary, most of the evolved protocols and The NEW HCG Diet includes a consistent exercise routine simply because it is a healthy lifestyle option and the benefits are many.
For those currently active, in most cases, it is ok to continue as usual, although some may find it useful to lighten their workout for the first week of being on the protocol. For those who are new to working out, a low impact daily workout of at least 20 minutes a day is recommended to start. Recommended activities include: walking (brisk), swimming, yoga (no hot yoga practices yet), and pilates. Level of activity is extremely light the first week of phase 2 on the HCG Diet and increases as the individual feels ready. It is highly advised that the chosen workouts are something enjoyable, and not something you dread doing every day.
Hcg Diet Maintenance
This is the most important part of the HCG diet in many ways and it begins during Phase 2. This is where you will begin to build the skills necessary for lifetime weight maintenance and healthy living. For example; reading labels as a habit (this will become 2nd nature and shouldn’t stop once you reach your weight loss goals. Also, portion control and learning to listen to your body. Read more about these skills and implement them starting NOW:
- HCG Diet Maintenance
- Maintenance Skills You Can Learn in Phase 2
- Lifetime Healthy Living Skills
Help and Support for Hcg Diet Challenges
The HCG Diet can be complicated and so specific, you are almost certain to experience challenges along the way. While it might not seem welcome, It is a large part of the learning process for long term management success. There will be temptation to stray from your planned diet, and there may even be times when you stray by accident. Yes, it can happen: Aunt Sally forgot to tell you she adds sugar to her famous holiday vinaigrette dressing, or the restaurant neglected to tell you there’s bread crumb mixed right into the hamburger patty which you so carefully ordered without a bun. Of course there’s the good old… “oops, I assumed that hot sauce was just hot sauce and didn’t realize it had 9 grams of sugar.” There’s your first lesson; always double-check ingredients…and don’t eat it unless you’re sure. A better lesson… if you can’t see all ingredients, don’t eat it! The less processed foods you eat, the better. See, it’s all part of the big picture and building the skills to be fit and thin for life.
- How to Fix an Hcg Diet Cheat
- Hunger on the HCG Diet Plan
- Stalls and Plateaus
- HCG Diet Breaks and Planned Interruptions
Hcg Diet FAQ
Hcg Diet Tips
The absolute best (& Free!) HCG Diet tips for reaching your weight loss goals safe and fast!
- hCG Diet Protocol FAQ
- Hunger on the hCG Diet Plan
- How to Inject HCG for the hCG Diet
- How to Switch from Homeopathic hCG to REAL hCG