Learning new recipes can really bring a lot of fun to each phase of the Hcg protocol. In fact, the right recipes can make a huge impact in your weight loss efforts overall.
The real benefit of learning how to cook recipes based on the Hcg Diet protocol guidelines however, is the life-long skills and eating habits this can create. Particularly for those who gained weight in the past, by eating processed and prepackaged foods, the Hcg weight loss plan can be a great opportunity to break those habits and learn to finally cook and eat healthy.
Pssst… there’s amazing Hcg Diet recipes at the bottom of this page!
HCG Diet Recipes: Overview and Guide to Substitutions
The first rule for preparing Hcg Diet Recipes, is to review the official foods list for the protocol. The following guidelines are based on the Original Protocol, however there are a few rules that are commonly adjusted. These will be noted for your convenience.
- Beverages on the Hcg Diet Plan: Tea or Coffee in any quantity without sugar
- One tablespoon of milk is allowed per day. Use it here if you’d like!
- You may also sweeten with the all natural sweetener Stevia! It comes in a variety of wonderful flavors to brighten up your morning!
- Hcg Diet and Soda: while it may seem like an easy option for the protocol, it is STRONGLY advised to avoid all sodas while on the protocol, particularly those with aspartame. This is a known chemical that throws the metabolism off and can stall your weight loss efforts.
Hcg Food Tips:
- Any reasonable portion of vegetables is allowed. Do not combine vegetables during the same meal. (Editor’s note: many Hcg Dieters now combine vegetables in their recipes. This is a personal preference but one that should be monitored carefully.
- Weigh all meat raw, after fat has been trimmed, for appropriate portion size.
- Buy organic whenever possible. Eating as clean as possible will help you to avoid chemicals that take up the body’s energy and throw off hormone cycles. This can slow weight loss or cause stalls.
HCG Diet Recipe Ingredient Substitutions
- 2 slices turkey bacon = liquid smoke or 1 tsp smoked paprika, or chipotle powder
- Sugar free ketchup = 1 tbs of vinegar and sweetener to taste
- Butter substitution for the hCG Diet Plan: Coconut Oil for the hCG Diet
Hcg Diet Recipes and What to Eat
Begin by reading our overview of the complete protocol and the foods list. Know that it can require adjusting, to learn to eat healthy. Instead of looking for sweet treat substitutes for example, do your best to trim these from your diet altogether until the cravings pass. It is possible to cleanse this from your eating habits and lose the cravings altogether.
- Read ALL labels, even if you feel confident about what is in the item. Particularly with condiments that appear to be “clean” they can contain small amounts of an ingredient culprit that can hurt your losses, or even lead to an challenging weight loss stall.
- Avoid sweeteners whenever possible, and particularly aspartame.
- Hcg Diet and chewing gums or mints: Avoid any that have sugar or unhealthy sweeteners. If you really insist on chewing gum, try Spry that is sweetened with xylitol and monitor for weight loss stalls. Many individuals in the Hcg Diet forums have no problems with this brand of gum.
- Keep extremely hydrated! This is very important for the weight loss process while on the diet and dehydration can lead to stalls.
- Use fresh ingredients whenever possible, including fresh herbs. The nutrients in these will be more viable and serve your body well. They will also taste better than dried or frozen ingredients.
- Break out the spices! This is an amazing way to expand your pallet and get creative with various dishes. Spices can also help stimulate the metabolism and offer a number of other health benefits.
- Avoid eating out whenever possible. The challenges of selecting and receiving foods that may have ingredients not permitted on the protocol, can not only be frustrating, but can also result in being thrown off the weight loss path by several days.
Quick Tip for Cooking Chicken on the HCG Diet Plan
Chicken Recipes on the Menu!
While chicken is permitted on the hCG diet food list, all recipes using chicken must be properly portioned to their phases. Phase 2, for example, allows 100 grams weighed raw. Phase 3, 1 full skinless chicken breast.
When preparing chicken, take note that most recipes will call for oil to be used. When in phase 2 in particular, some dieters will continue to use a very small amount of oil if they are on the “New HCG Diet Plan” and continue to lose weight just fine.
For those of you on stricter protocols, it may be wise to substitute this for coconut oil, or select recipes for grilled, broiled or baked chicken instead. Another option is to use a low sodium soy sauce to wet the pan for suitable dishes.
Quick tips for eating chicken on the protocol:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast are a great food for phase 3. These are ideally proportioned to simply cook and eat. Be sure to trim the fat and no skin!
- Consider weighing individual chicken breasts and then freezing as a convenient way to cut down on cooking time.
Avoid processed chicken patties from the frozen foods section of the grocery store. These are not fresh chicken and are loaded with calories, preservatives and added ingredients that could stall your weight loss.