After the strict weight loss phase, it’s a great time to explore Hc Novarel g Diet-friendly dessert recipes. Now this is only Phase 3-friendly, but it’s quite healthy in moderation. And, it tastes delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Jay Robb Whey Protein (I used strawberry flavor)
- 1 cup Truvia (or 3/4 cup Erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 6 Tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat oven to 325. Whip your egg whites with cream of tartar until it forms stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter with egg yolks until yellow and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and sweetener. Beat until well-mixed. Add about 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the butter/egg yolk mixture and mix lightly. Fold the whole thing into the whipped egg whites and fold lightly. Add 1 cup of the almond flour and fold lightly. Add remaining almond flour, whey protein, and baking powder and fold thoroughly, being careful not to break down the whites.
Fill paper muffin cups in muffin tin about half full. Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until slightly cracked on top. Allow to cool before frosting.
Cream cheese Frosting:
- 3 TBS Butter (I browned the butter first)
- 3 TBS Cream Cheese
- A little vanilla almond milk (to make it spreadable)
- 1/2 tsp stevia glycerite (to taste)
- Mix together and enjoy