Learning new recipes can really bring a lot of fun to each phase of the Hcg protocol. In fact, the right recipes can make a huge impact in your weight loss efforts overall.
The real benefit of learning how to cook recipes based on the Hcg Diet protocol guidelines however, is the life-long skills and eating habits this can create. Particularly for those who gained weight in the past, by eating processed and prepackaged foods, the Hcg weight loss plan can be a great opportunity to break those habits and learn to finally cook and eat healthy.
Pssst… there's amazing Hcg Diet recipes at the bottom of this page!
Hcg Diet Recipes and Cooking Guide
HCG Diet Recipes: Overview and Guide to Substitutions
The first rule for preparing Hcg Diet Recipes, is to review the Hcg Diet Foods List for the Hcg Diet Protocol. The following guidelines are based on the Original Protocol, however there are a few rules that are commonly adjusted. These will be noted for your convenience.
- Beverages on the Hcg Diet Plan: Tea or Coffee in any quantity without sugar
*One tablespoon of milk is allowed per day. Use it here if you’d like!
*You may also sweeten with the all natural sweetener Stevia! It comes in a variety of wonderful flavors to brighten up your morning!
- Hcg Diet and Soda: while it may seem like an easy option for the protocol, it is STRONGLY advised to avoid all sodas while on the protocol, particularly those with aspartame. This is a known chemical that throws the metabolism off and can stall your weight loss efforts.
Hcg Food Tips:
- Any reasonable portion of vegetables is allowed. Do not combine vegetables during the same meal. (Editor's note: many Hcg Dieters now combine vegetables in their recipes. This is a personal preference but one that should be monitored carefully.
- Weigh all meat raw, after fat has been trimmed, for appropriate portion size.
- Buy organic whenever possible. Eating as clean as possible will help you to avoid chemicals that take up the body's energy and throw off hormone cycles. This can slow weight loss or cause stalls.
HCG Diet Recipe Ingredient Substitutions
- 2 slices turkey bacon = liquid smoke or 1 tsp smoked paprika, or chipotle powder
- Sugar free ketchup = 1 tbs of vinegar and sweetener to taste
- Butter substitution for the hCG Diet Plan: Coconut Oil for the hCG Diet
Hcg Diet Recipes and What to Eat
- Begin by reading our overview of the complete Hcg Diet Protocol and the Hcg Diet Foods List.
- Know that it can require adjusting, to learn to eat healthy. Instead of looking for sweet treat substitutes for example, do your best to trim these from your diet altogether until the cravings pass. It is possible to cleanse this from your eating habits and lose the cravings altogether.
- Read ALL labels, even if you feel confident about what is in the item. Particularly with condiments that appear to be “clean” they can contain small amounts of an ingredient culprit that can hurt your losses, or even lead to an Hcg Diet stall.
- Avoid sweeteners whenever possible, and particularly aspartame.
- Hcg Diet and chewing gums or mints: Avoid any that have sugar or unhealthy sweeteners. If you really insist on chewing gum, try Spry that is sweetened with xylitol and monitor for weight loss stalls. Many individuals in the Hcg Diet forums have no problems with this brand of gum.
- Keep extremely hydrated! This is very important for the weight loss process while on the diet and dehydration can lead to stalls.
- Use fresh ingredients whenever possible, including fresh herbs. The nutrients in these will be more viable and serve your body well. They will also taste better than dried or frozen ingredients.
- Break out the spices! This is an amazing way to expand your pallet and get creative with various dishes. Spices can also help stimulate the metabolism and offer a number of other health benefits.
- Avoid eating out whenever possible. The challenges of selecting and receiving foods that may have ingredients not permitted on the protocol, can not only be frustrating, but can also result in being thrown off the weight loss path by several days.
HCG DIET RECIPES FOR PHASES 2 AND 3
The HCG Diet Recipes listed here are submissions from dieters in our Hcg Diet Forums. Not all recipes listed here are permitted by all Hcg Diet protocols so be sure to check ingredients and measurements according to your own Hcg Diet Menu plan. If you would like to share a recipe with your fellow dieters, you can submit them to our new recipe site, Hcg Diet Info Recipes.com. For questions about these recipes, join the HCG Diet Forums and ask or expert coaches.
Learn About HCG Diet Recipes and Cooking for Phase 2 and Phase 3 (scroll down for actual recipes)
Hcg Diet Beverage Recipes
Hcg Diet Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (We are adding more recipes to the pages below- they will be back up in a few days!)
- Hcg Diet Breakfast Recipes
- Hcg Diet Lunch Recipes
- Hcg Diet Dinner Recipes
HCG Diet Phase 2 Condiment Recipes: Sauces, Salsas, etc.
Hcg Diet Recipes for Soups and Salads:
Best Hcg Diet Entree Recipes Recipes:
- Breakfast Omelette with Herbs Hcg Diet Recipe
- Shrimp Ceviche Hcg Diet Recipe
- Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry Hcg Diet Recipe
- Beef Lettuce Wraps
- HCG Diet hamburgers
Dessert Recipes for Phase 2
Hcg Diet Recipes, Eating and Cooking Articles
- Hcg Diet 500 calorie Menu
- Eating on the Hcg Diet Plan
- Learn How to Eat Healthy on the Hcg Diet
- Preparing for my Hcg Diet Loading Days
- How to Load Correctly on the Hcg Diet
- Hcg Diet and Nutrition
- Hcg Diet Menu Tips
- Vegetarian Hcg Diet Plan: Alternative Proteins
- Jen's Hcg Diet Plan
- Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
- Eating foods on Dr. Emma's Hcg Diet Plan (Off Protocol)
- Hcg Diet Apple Days (to correct a stall)
- Miracle Noodles on the Hcg Diet
- Hcg Diet Recipe Cookbooks
- How to Cook on the Hcg Diet Plan
- Best Hcg Diet Sweeteners
- Best Hcg Diet Seasonings
- 9 Spices to Help You Lose MORE Weight with the Hcg Diet
- How to Fix and Hcg Diet Cheat
- Hcg Diet Shakes
- Eating over the holidays and special occasions
- Holiday and Special Occasion Eating Plan for the Hcg Diet
HCG Diet Recipes for Phase 3
HCG Diet Phase 3 Condiment Recipes: Sauces, Salsas, etc.
- Salsas and Hot Sauce Recipes
- Maria's Phase 3 Hcg Diet Recipes: Strawberry cupcakes, Goldfish Crackers and so many more!)
- Chicken Alfredo Recipe for Phase 3
- Deceptively Delicious Cookbook Review
FEATURED HCG DIET RECIPES
If you're already checked out the Phase 2 hCG Recipes for Beverages, Hcg Diet Soups and Hcg Diet Salads & Dressing Recipes, then you're ready for Entrees. The main dish and side dish recipes below will help to make your Hcg Diet-approved proteins and vegetables a lot more appetizing. Then be sure to check out the recipes for Hcg Diet Recipes for Phase 2 desserts!
During Phase 2, the VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet), one of the best ways to guarantee your success on the diet is to have a variety of hCG diet recipes available. Although the list of allowed foods on the Hcg Diet manuscript: Pounds And Inches protocol can seem limiting you'll be surprised by the variety you can enjoy if you get a little creative. The recipes below will help to keep you on track and make sure you keep losing. Enjoy!
Jen's Favorite HCG Diet Cocktail Sauce Recipe:
- Cocktail sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish (more if you like it hot!)
- A good dash of mustard powder
- Stevia to taste
- Salt to taste (I like Himalayan Pink Salt- tastes better, better for you!)
- Water as needed for desired consistency
PHASE 2 BEVERAGE RECIPES
- 1 Quart Water (filtered)
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 1 Sliced Strawberry
- Stevia to taste (liquid or powdered)
- Ice Cubes
Place 1 quart of water in a picture. Add juice of 1 lemon. Blend strawberries and mix it in to add flavor and color. Stir in sweetener. Add ice as desired.
Sweet ’n Sour Lemonade
- 1 Quart Water
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 2 packets calorie free natural sweetener (Stevia, Xylitol, Sweet n Low)
- Ice Cubes
Place 1 quart of water in a picture. Add juice of 1 lemon. Stir in 2 packets of sweetener. Add ice as desired. Garnish with sliced lemons and serve in a tall glass and straw. Sip with a straw and enjoy!
Sweet ‘n Spicy Herbal Chai
- 8-12 oz hot water
- 1 Spiced Chai tea bag
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1 tbs milk (only 1 serving a day)
Place hot water in cup, steep tea for 5 minutes. Discard tea bag. Stir 1 packet of sweetener. Add milk and stir. Sip and savor. You can also pour over ice cubes in a tall glass for a delicious iced chai tea. Keep a container of this tea in refrigerator to use for cooking or a quick cool pick me up iced tea.
- 1 2 t. squeezed lemon juice
- 1 2 c. water
- 1 2 c. ice
- 5 drops of lemon stevia
More Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes – ENTREES
Southwestern Salsa Chicken Hcg Diet Recipe
- Simmer 100 grams of chicken in chopped tomatoes and dried onion.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Dried Cilantro herb to taste (or fresh on phase 3, although I don't have a problem with using fresh cilantro in this recipe for phase 2)
- dash of sweetener
- simmer till chicken is fully cooked. Serve over spinach or lettuce.
- Makes 1 serving (1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit)
- Phase 3 modification: Add avocado, mushrooms and peppers for a little more flavor.
Chicken and Tomato Soup Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100 grams, chicken cooked and cubed or shredded
- 2 cans stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- A pinch each of parsley, cumin, basil, rosemary, & red pepper flakes
Put tomatoes and all the seasonings in a pot and cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and increase the heat to bring the soup to a boil. Keep it heating for another 8 minutes or so and then let it cool slightly
before serving. Spicy Chicken100 g chicken, chopped into bite size pieces. Mix with seasonings of choice – Paprika, cayenne, sea salt, garlic power, etc. Cook chicken with 2″ onion pieces. Chop 1 tomato into small pieces and add to mostly cooked chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are to desired consistency. Can add taco seasoning for a more Mexican flavor.
Tomato Basil Chicken Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100 grams cubed chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 leaves basil rolled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano fresh or dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Cayenne to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with lemon juice. Add garlic, onion, spices and water. After chicken is cooked add fresh tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh basil. Makes 1 serving (1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable)
Mock Shake ‘n Bake Hcg Diet Recipe
- 1/2 c minced dehydrated onions
- 1/4 t coriander
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/8 t oregano
- 1/8 t paprika
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1/8 t salt
Place all ingredients in food processor or coffee grinder. Grind to a powder. Store in air-tight container. Dampen meat, then coat. This is great on chicken, fish, shrimp, even steaks.
Fried Chicken Tenders Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100g chicken
- 1 T milk (or less)
- 1 grissini
Seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, ground red pepper, garlic powder) Preheat oven to 350. Slice chicken breast into 3 tenders. In small bowl, mix milk and any seasonings you prefer. Grind grissini in food processor until it is a powder. Put grissini powder in a separate small bowl. Add chicken to milk mixture and toss to coat well. Then one at a time, place chicken in grissini powder and coat both sides of chicken. Place chicken in glass baking dish and bake 30-40 mins, turning over halfway through. In last 5 mins, turn on broiler and broil 2-3 mins each side.
NOTE: Remember that this recipe includes both your meat and grissini portion. As well as your daily allowance of milk.
Chicken Marinara Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100 grams of chicken
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- A Dash of garlic powder
- A Dash of pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place half your tomatoes in the bottom of your favorite casserole dish. Sear your chicken with a dash of pepper, a dash of salt and a dash of garlic powder for a couple minutes on each side. Then put it in the casserole dish on top of the tomatoes. Immediately after adding the chicken, add your minced garlic. Toss all of the remaining ingredients in small bowl separately and then place over the top of the chicken in the casserole dish. Cover it and cook for 45 minute to an hour. It’s best served warm so let it cool for 10 minutes or so before you eat
Garlic Chicken Hcg Diet Recipe Phase 2 and Phase 3
- 100g chicken
- onion pieces (eat as veggie or remove after dish is cooked)
- 3-5 cloves garlic – unpeeled & left whole
- juice of half lemon
- black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Heat non-stick saucepan over MED. Add the onion. Stir constantly until tender. 5-10 mins. Transfer onions to glass baking dish. Place chicken atop onions. Squeeze on lemon juice & sprinkle with pepper. Place garlic around and on the chicken. Cover tightly either with lid or aluminum foil. Cook for 30-45 mins or until chicken is no longer pink.
Steak (or Chicken) Pizzaiola Hcg Diet Recipe Phase 2 and 3
- 100g steak (or chicken)
- tomato (diced)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t basil
- 1/4 t chili powder
- black pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Place 1/2 of the diced tomato in casserole dish. Add meat on top of tomato and top with minced garlic. In small bowl, toss the rest of tomato with the oregano, basil, chili powder, and black pepper. Place on top of steak. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or with lid. Bake 45-60 mins.
TIP: If using chicken, sear each side for a minute or two in a frying pan with a dash of salt/pepper (until just browned). Then follow with same steps as above.
Crockpot Roast Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100g steak
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 c beef broth
- black pepper to taste (and/or other spices)
- Add steak to crockpot. Cover with remaining ingredients. Cook for
- several hours until reaches desired doneness.
Mini Meatloaf Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100g ground steak
- 1/2 t milk or bbq sauce
- 1 grissini or melba toast (ground into powder)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 t dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 t spicy mustard
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/8 t sage
- salt/pepper to taste
Any additional seasonings you like Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, combine all ingredients and form into a small meatloaf. Place in glass dish, cover, and bake 25-30 mins. Uncover dish, add bbq sauce or homemade sugar free ketchup to top, and bake 5-10 additional mins. Serve immediately with a bit more of bbq sauce or homemade sugar free ketchup for dipping.
Meatballs Recipe for the Hcg Diet Plan
- 100g steak (ground into hamburger)
- 1 grissini or melba toast (ground into powder)
- 1 T milk
- onion powder
Preheat oven to 425. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Form into 1″ meatballs (makes about 6-7). Place in baking dish or non-stick baking sheet and cook 10 minutes turning halfway through cooking time.
Talapia (A Favorite Fish Hcg Diet Recipe)
- 100g Talapia
- sea salt
Steam for about 2.5 minutes or cook on the grill.
Phase 2 HCG Diet Recipes – Snacks
Roasted Asparagus Hcg Diet Recipe
- 100g asparagus (or your allowed amount)
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 t parsley
- 1/4 t oregano
- black pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 400. Trim asparagus. Spread the spears on a sheet of non-stick aluminum foil. Add the seasonings. Wrap all ends of the foil up tightly to make a sealed ‘pocket'. Roast 15-20 minutes in oven or grill.
Onion Rings (Hcg Diet Recipe Phase 2 and Phase 3 Friendly)
- 80g sliced onion rings
- 1 grissini
- 1 T skim milk (as allowed daily)
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
Preheat oven to 450. In a small bowl, add milk, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper. Mix to make a batter. Grind grissini in food processor until it is a powder. Put grissini in a separate small bowl. Place rings in batter bowl and toss to coat fully. (It's best to use your hands here to ensure you coat each ring.) Let sit in batter 2-3 mins then toss again. Dip each ring into the grissini powder by hand. It works best to do these one at a time, rolling the ring in the grissini coating instead of tossing or shaking it on. Cook 6-7 mins. Then flip, cooking an additional 6-7 mins.
There are plenty more recipes at HcgDietInfoRecipes.com!
Questions about Hcg Diet Recipes and Eating on the Hcg Diet can be answered by our expert moderators in the Hcg Diet Forums.