Popular Pages :


View RSS Feed

ambercakes

Bab

Rate this Entry
I am full! That will def hold me until dinner time. LOL. I have to get some steaks so that I don't have to add alot of food just to make the grams of protein. LOL.
I ate, 3 jumbo brown eggs with pork rinds, an avocado (my daughter ate a 1/4 of it, LOL), a small (about 2-3oz) smokey pork chop (ham round), 6 slices of bacon, a string cheese and coffee w/with alittle milk.
Protein/Fats/Carbs= 67/67/24

Submit "Bab" to Digg Submit "Bab" to del.icio.us Submit "Bab" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bab" to Google

Comments

  1. LilyFatNoMore's Avatar
    Sounds yummy..

    I hope you don't mind, your postings have triggered a few questions...


    Do you find you have any problems with water retention from the pork/bacon/etc?

    I see in your 'tags' you have listed leptin reset. Is there a correlation with eating high protein+fat only (for leptin reset), or do you eat other foods as well, while on maintenance?

    Do you notice if you get hungry as often, or just at certain times of the day?

    *I'm just curious what others do on their maintenance, and how what they do works for them

    Thanks,
  2. ambercakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyFatNoMore
    Sounds yummy..

    I hope you don't mind, your postings have triggered a few questions...


    Do you find you have any problems with water retention from the pork/bacon/etc?

    I see in your 'tags' you have listed leptin reset. Is there a correlation with eating high protein+fat only (for leptin reset), or do you eat other foods as well, while on maintenance?

    Do you notice if you get hungry as often, or just at certain times of the day?

    *I'm just curious what others do on their maintenance, and how what they do works for them

    Thanks,

    Hi there! No problem on the questions, others have helped me so I don't mind helping others as well.

    I have not noticed any water retention at all. I do drink alot of water. That may help.

    The leptin reset is basically eating protein and fats with alittle carbs such as veggies. It's basically, the way I see it, a paleo diet. Eating clean really. No breads, starches, sugar. But basically I eat all kinds of meats and good vegetables, lots of protein, cook alot with coconut oil or bacon fat. I have not eaten a fruit while on the leptin/P3.

    I have noticed I get hungry at dinner time, which is about 10-12hours after the big *** breakfast (bab) and if I wake up at nighttime for some reason, I notice I am hungry. Other than that, it's pretty good. It's really unbelievable to me. But if you get hungry at lunchtime (which is at least 5hours later after breakfast) then you can eat a light lunch, which I have not done yet while on bab.

    Everyone is different so it's hard to go off someone's maintenance plan but alot of others gets the idea of it. Which I have learned alot from others too. You just have to weigh in everyday and if you gain then eat clean the next day, such as no milk or cheese.

    Good luck!
  3. LilyFatNoMore's Avatar
    Nice to know, thanks.

    So, if you wake up at night and feel hungry, do you eat something or just wait it out til morning?

    I'm currently off maintenance now, and have no desire to go back to eating grains/sugars..

    So really I just consume proteins, good fats, vegetables, and a little fruit here and there. I tend to eat my yogurt in the morning as I need the pro-biotics. I will (on a rare occasion) have 1 bite of something that is not good (just for social reasons), but I have been able to limit myself to 1 bite (thankfully)

    So how does it work, as I've heard (been told) that eating a lot of animal protein is actually hard on the kidneys (so much info that has to be sifted through, it can get confusing at times!).. I love protein, and fat (those are my 2 favorite types of food).
  4. ambercakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyFatNoMore
    Nice to know, thanks.

    So, if you wake up at night and feel hungry, do you eat something or just wait it out til morning?

    I'm currently off maintenance now, and have no desire to go back to eating grains/sugars..

    So really I just consume proteins, good fats, vegetables, and a little fruit here and there. I tend to eat my yogurt in the morning as I need the pro-biotics. I will (on a rare occasion) have 1 bite of something that is not good (just for social reasons), but I have been able to limit myself to 1 bite (thankfully)

    So how does it work, as I've heard (been told) that eating a lot of animal protein is actually hard on the kidneys (so much info that has to be sifted through, it can get confusing at times!).. I love protein, and fat (those are my 2 favorite types of food).
    Hi. I don't eat at all when I wake up in the middle of the night. I just drink water. I have not heard of the protein deal with the kidneys but just found this:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prote...#axzz1tZMxJpqJ

    I also drink about 4-6 , 16.9oz of water a day so I think that helps alot too.
  5. LilyFatNoMore's Avatar
    I like reading Mark's daily apple whenever I get the chance.. thanks for sending that link!

    Guess I won't concern myself too much about it now (all-you-can-eat protein buffet... here I come!!) LOL
  6. ambercakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyFatNoMore
    I like reading Mark's daily apple whenever I get the chance.. thanks for sending that link!

    Guess I won't concern myself too much about it now (all-you-can-eat protein buffet... here I come!!) LOL
    LOL. I know how you feel. I was there too and will be there soon also when I go back to P2. LOL. I try to use cheap foods daily and they work but you have to at least get the 50-75 protein in there. But once in awhile i'll put in the steak or big pork chop. Works for me. LOL.