Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bikram Yoga while on P2?

R/P/M
    R2/P3/HCG injections

Bikram Yoga while on P2?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else did Bikram yoga during P2. Any comments or concerns?

Thanks,

Valodi

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    I love Bikram, but there is no way I could get through 1.5 hours in the heated room without fainting while on P2. I have great respect for anyone that can do it.
    Alicia

I did it and felt fine - there were days I would sit out for 1 or 2 postures. Make sure to drink water at least after. It has absolutely no impact on your losses and if anything whatever you sweat out you'll just put back drinking water. So, it's okay if you're just looking to do it basically. I did 21 days straight and with no interesting results. I think actually the HCG prevented any of the 'regular' benefits of the practice to really be seen.

I am interested in doing yoga while on the hcg shots. I noticed when I took phentermine years ago that after taking a hot yoga class, I had totally sweated the drug out of my system and would be starving!!!

I am supposed to be taking 6 Drops 6 times a day so it is doubtful that it will happen with the hcg but I wondered if you felt as if it increased your weight loss. I don't want stalls.

Also what do you mean HCG prevented any of the "regular" benefits from practice? Just wondering.

185 (preloading)/185/155

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPanther View Post
    I am interested in doing yoga while on the hcg shots. I noticed when I took phentermine years ago that after taking a hot yoga class, I had totally sweated the drug out of my system and would be starving!!!

I am supposed to be taking 6 Drops 6 times a day so it is doubtful that it will happen with the hcg but I wondered if you felt as if it increased your weight loss. I don't want stalls.

Also what do you mean HCG prevented any of the "regular" benefits from practice? Just wondering.
    Bikram really was sort of a neutral activity for me during P2, I lost while doing it but only slightly and did have many days of stalls. It does make you hungrier and does make you drink a lot of water. I would reserve doing Bikram for P3 when you can actually sit down, enjoy it and have coconut water or whatever after. I think it's far too strenuous during P2 and again, I think it prohibits your body from really enjoying the max benefits of doing it.

I don't practice Bikram but I do vinyasa yoga at least 3 times (usually 5) per week - both heated and non-heated classes, 60-90 minutes. I haven't had a problem but sometimes head to a child's pose if I really lose my breath. I think practicing yoga has helped me retain musculature during P2 but this is the first time I've done HCG so I can't compare.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I haven't been doing too well with exercising during the HCG, I don't feel weak, but I do feel more hungry and since I read that you can consume a few more calories and extra protein when working out I seem to use it as an excuse to eat more even though I don't feel weak just more hungry. I am supposed to be at my power pilates class as I type but I think I may chill out and see how 500 cals with out exercise works out for me. I've gained two days in a row, not happy about that I did eat more but I also am sure that I burned 600-800 calories during my work outs! s

185 (preloading)/185/155

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPanther View Post
    I haven't been doing too well with exercising during the HCG, I don't feel weak, but I do feel more hungry and since I read that you can consume a few more calories and extra protein when working out I seem to use it as an excuse to eat more even though I don't feel weak just more hungry. I am supposed to be at my power pilates class as I type but I think I may chill out and see how 500 cals with out exercise works out for me. I've gained two days in a row, not happy about that I did eat more but I also am sure that I burned 600-800 calories during my work outs! s
    Yeah but remember that "burning" those calories isn't exactly going to help you and everything you sweat out just goes back in once you consume water after practicing. Which is why it's just really useless. You can't build on your existing muscle either - if anything you might end up damaging what you have due to the VLCD and subsequent stress on the muscle as the HCG is trying to work. I'd sit out honestly. Save your money for when the classes are going to give you max benefit.

I do it, and feel fantastic, and my weight was moving down, and pilates made me look good. BUT when I added 30 day shred, I am stalling, big time. I do it cause it brings me closer to my higher self. i cleanse my chakras and attune my third eye. It also desludges my aura.