Popular Pages :

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who exercises?

Just thought I would share my experience so far. I seem able to do cardio work up to a certain point and after that I just have zero energy, or I spend the rest of the day having an extremely well-deserved nap! The first 10 days into the VLCD were the hardest to muster energy. I had signed up for a 64 mile bike ride a week into my 3rd round (P2) and about 30 miles into it (I was already going slow), I had the worst cramps imaginable in my upper thighs and, a SAG ride, a rest, and a few miles later -- I had to call it quits.

Since then however, my energy has improved and I've also added a potassium supplement. Now I routinely bike 20-25 miles without incident (albeit somewhat slower) and jog 30 minutes at a time without pause or incident. I am about to start taking a one-hour intense cycling training program but I feel pretty confident that this will be quite doable - I typically have an apple and my melbas 30 minutes before the activity and some extra protein after.

Cheers,

R/P/M
    Round 1 for 2013 DROPS
    Quote Originally Posted by chuser View Post
    I seem able to do cardio work up to a certain point and after that I just have zero energy, or I spend the rest of the day having an extremely well-deserved nap! The first 10 days into the VLCD were the hardest to muster energy. I
    I felt that last night! I went to the gym with lots of energy and a goal of at the very least 3 miles on the Elliptical (before HCG I was doing 5-6 miles a night x 4-5 nights/week) 1/2 mile in I decided I would only do 2 miles, then at 1.5 mile I was going to stop and pushed myself to 1.65. Big disappointment but I suppose that little bit I did was better than nothing. I followed that with some thigh weight thingy's (lack of a better term), arms with weights and few lunges and squats) Tonight is Volleyball which I am very much so looking forward to! Tuesday I could only stay 2 hours, looking to stay the full 3 tonight! Whooop!

Round I - 2013 - 197.8 (after load) ~ (Start 12/31/12)
    Week 1 Losses (1/8/13): 187.8 (Loss 10lbs)
    Week 2 Losses (1/15/13):
    Week 3 Losses (1/22/13):
    Week 4 Losses (1/29/13):
    Week 5 Losses (2/5/13):

The Difference Between Try and Triumph is a little UMPH!

I am doing weight training 4x a week in order to try and maintain as much lean body mass as possible. I am in R2, and I was able to weight train in R1 no problem. I do get more tired but my strength is not down, so that's a good thing. I think resistance training of some sort on any diet is so important to preserve lean mass.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Sublingual
    I am finally at a place where I enjoy working out, and do it most days. Because of the VLCD, I did drop my hardest class (which I affectionately call "murder class" since it makes me want to die halfway through). I'm still doing cardio workouts three days a week and kettlebell workouts (which are a little cardio, lots of strength) at least twice a week. I've been working out daily since March, and didn't want to risk losing the habit by quitting for HCG!
    As far as affecting losses, it's hard to say. I'm still losing steadily, but I'm also only nine days into p2!

HCG and I have officially broken up-- but good luck to everyone finding success with the protocol!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Sublingual
    Quote Originally Posted by chuser View Post
    I typically have an apple and my melbas 30 minutes before the activity and some extra protein after.
    Me too! I can't make it through a workout, especially a morning one, without having SOMETHING on my stomach. I haven't been adding extra protein, but I'm trying to time my workouts around meals, so that I'm eating my normal protein within an hour of the workout.

HCG and I have officially broken up-- but good luck to everyone finding success with the protocol!

R/P/M
    R2P2 RxHCG Sublingual
    Yay!!! So glad I found this!! I'm still in P3 (should be P4 but not stable yet) and I work out 3 days a week doing a serious boot camp and then I ride horses show jumping and cross country eventing, so I get my exercise!! I was worried about keeping it up for my next round I hope to start soon. I really don't want to stop my exercise during P2. So planning on trucking along. My plan is to jsut od a protein shake in the morning or something. I do my workouts at 6am so I need some fuel to start the day. I can burn up to 600 cals in a workout, so I'm concerned about eating enough, but not too much. I'm afraid 500 calories isn't going to cut it. Maybe I'll jsut do an extra protein serving and see how that goes. I didn't work out on my first round because I had a broken foot! Perfect timing! But I really want to continue this round. I odn't have much to lose, so hopefully I can make it work until I get to a weight I'm comfortable with.

Hi Mindy,
    I do 30 minutes jogging early morning regularly since last 4 months and follow diet plan to lose weight.
    My goal is to lose 40 lbs by the mid of next year.

I walk, bike and lift things. Sometimes I push or pull heavy things. I think underneath my fat there's some good muscle and it's gonna look great when I get another 25 or 30 lbs off!

R/P/M
    R2P2 RxHCG Sublingual
    So, I guess to go back to my original question, if we're working out and burning extra calories, do we need to suppliment that by eating extra food? Or should we still stick to only 500cals a day? What are people eating?

I did my workout yesterday morning and ate an extra serving of protein right after. But I ended up not losing at all today. I'm only on day 4 of VLCD. Maybe I'll try what other suggested and eat half an apple before and half after? But what about protein? I'm so confused!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV7WLbP/]

Start weight: 162
    End of Round 1: 146.6
    Gained almost ALL back during P3!! 155!!! NO idea why.

Start Round 2: 156 (RX sublingual)
    After Loading: 161.2 !!
    WK 1: 154.0 (-7.2)
    WK 2: 151.0 (-3.0)
    WK 3: 146.6 (-4.4)
    WK 4: 146.6 (0) Thanks xmas!!
    VLCD 27:146.4
    VLCD 28:145.4
    VLCD 29: 145.4
    VLCD 30:144.8

R/P/M
    Round 1 for 2013 DROPS
    My personal experience, I worked out, I cut out fruit and melbas in P2 and had extra protein at each sitting. I had steady losses.... Even though I added the extra protein I was ALWAYS below 500 cals, and sometimes even below 400.

Since you work out so early its hard to say if you should eat something before or after...I understand the feeling of needing that fuel to even begin, but if it's possible to not eat before, and not eat right after I would do that.

I was doing my workouts at night so it may be a little different.

Week 2 Losses (1/15/13):
    Week 3 Losses (1/22/13):
    Week 4 Losses (1/29/13):
    Week 5 Losses (2/5/13):

R/P/M
    R2P2 RxHCG Sublingual
    Quote Originally Posted by mbliss View Post
    My personal experience, I worked out, I cut out fruit and melbas in P2 and had extra protein at each sitting. I had steady losses.... Even though I added the extra protein I was ALWAYS below 500 cals, and sometimes even below 400.

Since you work out so early its hard to say if you should eat something before or after...I understand the feeling of needing that fuel to even begin, but if it's possible to not eat before, and not eat right after I would do that.

I was doing my workouts at night so it may be a little different.
    Thanks!! I did a lot of reading on this foruma nd found out a lot of people eat thier fruit before their workout to get a carb boost of energy. So this morning I ate an orange before my workout. Still weaker than I usually am, but definitely wasn't feeling out of sorts. Then did a 120cal protein shake afterwards. My tummy was seriously rumbling at 9:30 so I ate one of the tilapia filets I brought for lunch. Felt much better. Going to eat my other tilapia filet and broccoli for lunch and skip my second fruit I think for today. Guess we'll see how this experiment goes tomorrow when I get on the scale... eek!! My last workout was Wed morning and didn't lose anything yesterday. Today I'm down 1.6lbs. So maybe I'll just end up not losing the day after. But I'll deal with it to keep fit! I love the feeling exerting yourself physically gives you! Tired for a reason, not just from sitting around doing nothing!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV7WLbP/]

Start weight: 162
    End of Round 1: 146.6
    Gained almost ALL back during P3!! 155!!! NO idea why.

Start Round 2: 156 (RX sublingual)
    After Loading: 161.2 !!
    WK 1: 154.0 (-7.2)
    WK 2: 151.0 (-3.0)
    WK 3: 146.6 (-4.4)
    WK 4: 146.6 (0) Thanks xmas!!
    VLCD 27:146.4
    VLCD 28:145.4
    VLCD 29: 145.4
    VLCD 30:144.8

R/P/M
    Round 1 for 2013 DROPS
    Yeah, anyone would suspect that on a low calorie diet you would be tired, then adding exercise.

I was eating between 350-500 cals a day, and exercising (gym and volleyball), by the end of the day I basically had negative calories, meaning I burned all of the calories I ate. Sometimes I have big losses like yours, then none, or very little, so don't be worried if you are doing all the right things! And I agree about how it makes us feel, I moved away from the gym I use so I haven't been able to go, but before HCG I was doing 6 miles 5x a week on the elliptical plus some strength training, then I stopped the training and did 3 miles on the E and played volleyball 2x a week, now that I have moved I take the bus and I end up having to walk about 1.5 miles twice a day so I am still in it, but boy do I miss the gym, and volleyball!

I hope that this plan works out for you! Your losses for the first week are still fantastic! Keep it up!

Week 2 Losses (1/15/13):
    Week 3 Losses (1/22/13):
    Week 4 Losses (1/29/13):
    Week 5 Losses (2/5/13):

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast