Popular Pages :


Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why continue 500 calories after stop hcg?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Georgia, US
    R/P/M
    Round 3, phase 3, using sublingual drops.
    Posts
    68

    Why continue 500 calories after stop hcg?

    Hello! Was hoping someone had this explained to them by their dr, or maybe one of the moderators knows. What is the importance/ reasoning behind continuing the phase 2 500 calorie diet for a few days after you stop taking the hcg and prior to maintenance (I believe itís 72 hrs for the drops, which is what Iím taking)? I was not instructed to do that by the dr I purchased my first round from; so, I went straight into phase 3 maintenance the morning after taking the last of the drops the night before. I am now on round 2, but purchased from a different dr (the first stopped selling it), and was instructed to do the whole 72 hour transition thing. From reading this forum, that seems to be the actual protocol. Wondering why though. Does it help stabilize you better? Some other reason?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,644
    Blog Entries
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc26 View Post
    Hello! Was hoping someone had this explained to them by their dr, or maybe one of the moderators knows. What is the importance/ reasoning behind continuing the phase 2 500 calorie diet for a few days after you stop taking the hcg and prior to maintenance (I believe itís 72 hrs for the drops, which is what Iím taking)? I was not instructed to do that by the dr I purchased my first round from; so, I went straight into phase 3 maintenance the morning after taking the last of the drops the night before. I am now on round 2, but purchased from a different dr (the first stopped selling it), and was instructed to do the whole 72 hour transition thing. From reading this forum, that seems to be the actual protocol. Wondering why though. Does it help stabilize you better? Some other reason?

    Thanks!
    Someone else will prob be able to give you a more detailed answer--but short answer is because it takes 48-72 hours for HCG to leave your system. (which is why you can skip days and not feel hungry--the hcg is still floating around in body).

    While the HCG is still in your system, eating fats, off protocol foods, or even very high calories could cause you to gain immediately. And we don't want that. The extra hours allows for elimination of HCG. Some people eliminate the hcg a little more rapidly than others, I guess--so feel a little extra hunger during that 48-72 hours, but I've never had that problem. Even after the 72 hour mark, I still have lower appetite from the hcg.

  3. #3
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    12,075
    Blog Entries
    35
    Dubbles explained it well.

    The only thing I would add is that if you are on RX drops or injections, the transition period is 72 hours. If you are using homeopathic hcg, then the transition period is 48 hours after your last dose. P3 starts the first minute of hour 73 or 49.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Georgia, US
    R/P/M
    Round 3, phase 3, using sublingual drops.
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Someone else will prob be able to give you a more detailed answer--but short answer is because it takes 48-72 hours for HCG to leave your system. (which is why you can skip days and not feel hungry--the hcg is still floating around in body

    While the HCG is still in your system, eating fats, off protocol foods, or even very high calories could cause you to gain immediately. And we don't want that. The extra hours allows for elimination of HCG. Some people eliminate the hcg a little more rapidly than others, I guess--so feel a little extra hunger during that 48-72 hours, but I've never had that problem. Even after the 72 hour mark, I still have lower appetite from the hcg.

    Thank you! I did not know that and will make sure to do the transition properly this time. Gives me hope that stabilizing may be easier this time!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Georgia, US
    R/P/M
    Round 3, phase 3, using sublingual drops.
    Posts
    68
    Thanks, Leez! That detail about being able to start right after 72 hrs (vs in days) is helpful!

  6. #6
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,644
    Blog Entries
    141
    Yes KC, what Leez said about the hours vs 3 days is crucial! Big, big difference!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    P3 starts the first minute of hour 73 or 49.
    But who is counting? Oh wait, me!!!! LOL
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/1
    P2 8/2-8/18
    P3 8/19
    P4 9/10

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Georgia, US
    R/P/M
    Round 3, phase 3, using sublingual drops.
    Posts
    68

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Yes KC, what Leez said about the hours vs 3 days is crucial! Big, big difference!
    Oh definitely. I want my bacon and eggs as soon as possible. To the second!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Georgia, US
    R/P/M
    Round 3, phase 3, using sublingual drops.
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    But who is counting? Oh wait, me!!!! LOL
    YES!!! My sentiments exactly!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •