Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Joel Fuhrman?

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops

Joel Fuhrman?

Ok so last nite . couldn't sleep . found a PBS special w/ Joel Fuhrman and his "Eat To Live" diet. He's a proponent of micronutrients, eating basically vegan, etc., greens, onions, mushrooms, beans/berries and seeds. No animal products, no sugar, no oil, no high starchy carbs. He sited case after case of people's heart disease and diabetes being reversed. Truly fascinating and thought provoking.

Now I have done HCG in the past w/ great success, and I am getting ready to go again (loading this weekend) but my discussion point is that his plan is very different from what the HCG plan is about, and yet there are a lot of people who have changed their health from HCG diet based on things that Joel says NO to. It's confusing to understand how two very different ways of life are both beneficial. Anybody feel like this?

And discuss. (nicely) LOL LOL LOL

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Joel Fuhrman's plan was one of the many diets I've tried. It was hard to stick to and I didn't really get any benefit at all that I could tell from it, nor did I lose weight (which was the point at the time.) We can all benefit from eating more vegetables and whole foods, but I found it extreme and unsustainable.

HCG is extreme as well, but there is a defined timeline. Its not meant to be a life-style.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops
    Agreed Leez …. it does seem difficult and I feel like HCG is alittle more 'realistic' … just cutting out carbs and sugars. I am wondering if after I get to goal weight I could do a combo of the diets. Maybe doing vegan 80%? I dunno. I just know I want to be healthy and the more I read about the sh#t the food industry is throwing at us, the more I think we need to go back to the basics. <sigh>

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I tried The Plan for about 6 weeks and it's mostly vegetarian with some sheep and goat cheese as the only dairy. My iron totally tanked. It was half what it was when I started. Vegetarian iron is very hard to absorb. So Furman isn't someone I would follow.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops
    Thanks Grammy!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I sure hear you about the alarming stuff being added to our foods, but I don't think the answer is to cut out whole food groups or severly restrict variety. It sets you up for hormone imbalances and nutritional deficiencies as Grammy mentioned.

I try to get most of my produce at Aldi's, who has a promise that they don't sell fruits/veggies that have been exposed to pesticides, and I use mainly organic chicken and grassfed organic beef as meat proteins to avoid the hormones, antibiotics and steroids. Avoiding processed foods is a must if you want to avoid chemicals and nutritionally unnecessary additives.

I do the best I can with everything else, and buy organic as much as possible. I've found Natural Grocers to be a good source for clean foods at reasonable prices. Right now, I'm doing fairly well maintaining on Trim Healthy Mama rules, which eliminates sugar and processed foods, requires most grains to be sprouted or soured, and requires you to have protein, plus either fats or starch as your secondary fuel source for each meal, but not both. It is simple to follow and flexible to your likes and dislikes.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Those are Weston A. Price rules too, Leez. Traditionally prepared Whole Foods are the best!
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer: