Popular Pages :

Thread: Leptin Reset & P3, P4

Start where you are. alcoholswab's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries

Leptin Reset & P3, P4

Feeling a tad inundated with information at this point, and I am not as receptive as I usually am since I am a big cranky baby still plodding through P2 lol, so I could use a hand with people talking to me like I am about 4 and a half.

I am seeking out the simplest synopsis of the following:
    - Leptin Reset
    - P3
    - P4

I beg of you to not provide me with more links, or novels to read. I just need to get the gist so I can have a baseline skeleton to start delving out on my own to search for specific bits of information at my own pace.

As an aside, I have so many interesting bookmarks to go through that I am starting to feel a big overwhelmed, so anyone that answers this with a link will get snuggled to death.

Thanks in advance!

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    P3 summary thread stickied...

Phase 3 information

R/P/M
    Injections and hcg 2.0
    For what it's worth...

I've done two rounds in the standard P3 (no starch, no sugar, intro foods slowly, get calories up, etc.). R1 I stabilized like a rock 1.2# over LIW after many issues with sensitivities. R2 I could not actually stabilize to save my soul!! Thats when I decided to do R3 - in the hopes it'd allow me to stabilize.

Fast forward to being in the middle of R3P2, then coming upon all of the Leptin Reset information. I literally could've cried!!! Had I seen it before starting R3, I would've tried that first. In a nutshell, eat BAB (Big *** Breakfast) 50 - 75 g protein within 30 mins of waking. NO Snacking at all (if it has calories, its considered a snack)!!! Limited dairy. No nuts, no grains. Initially you eat three meals per day, each meal getting smaller as the day progresses. You do NOT eat anything after 7pm. You want to strive to have two meals twelve hours apart eventually. You want lots of good oils, coconut oil plays a huge role in Leptin Reset success, too.

I'm a woman, 5'7, 126#. My BAB has been approx 7 oz of meat with three or four eggs over easy, roughly 3T of coconut oil, and two cups coffee with half and half. Lunch tends to be mid afternoon, and is a loaded salad (meat, hard boiled eggs, any kind of veggies, I added pear today, and a little dressing). Many days, I have zero appetite after the late lunch, and that's okay. If I feel I need a little something, I'll have a lemon truffle and a cup of coffee with cream.

Tomorrow is my last day of Leptin Reset wk 2, and I am SO solid and strong this P3. I have had NO issues that required any kind of correction days, either.

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetechseeker View Post
    For what it's worth...

I've done two rounds in the standard P3 (no starch, no sugar, intro foods slowly, get calories up, etc.). R1 I stabilized like a rock 1.2# over LIW after many issues with sensitivities. R2 I could not actually stabilize to save my soul!! Thats when I decided to do R3 - in the hopes it'd allow me to stabilize.

Fast forward to being in the middle of R3P2, then coming upon all of the Leptin Reset information. I literally could've cried!!! Had I seen it before starting R3, I would've tried that first. In a nutshell, eat BAB (Big *** Breakfast) 50 - 75 g protein within 30 mins of waking. NO Snacking at all (if it has calories, its considered a snack)!!! Limited dairy. No nuts, no grains. Initially you eat three meals per day, each meal getting smaller as the day progresses. You do NOT eat anything after 7pm. You want to strive to have two meals twelve hours apart eventually. You want lots of good oils, coconut oil plays a huge role in Leptin Reset success, too.

I'm a woman, 5'7, 126#. My BAB has been approx 7 oz of meat with three or four eggs over easy, roughly 3T of coconut oil, and two cups coffee with half and half. Lunch tends to be mid afternoon, and is a loaded salad (meat, hard boiled eggs, any kind of veggies, I added pear today, and a little dressing). Many days, I have zero appetite after the late lunch, and that's okay. If I feel I need a little something, I'll have a lemon truffle and a cup of coffee with cream.

Tomorrow is my last day of Leptin Reset wk 2, and I am SO solid and strong this P3. I have had NO issues that required any kind of correction days, either.
    Absolutely amazing post and I really appreciate your insight, since I was feeling a bit lost. Thanks again~

R/P/M
    Injections and hcg 2.0
    You're welcome! I just cannot say enough good about the Leptin Reset. I've had such excellent results so far, and have had no feelings of being deprived, hungry, worn out, stressed. I'm sleeping GREAT, have tons of energy, very clear minded - man, this is totally fabulous!! I think the part that I so appreciate, too, is NOT needing to track calories and crap. So far I've found if I get my protein in well during BAB, it seems the rest falls into place. I did really need to focus on more coconut oil, that's when I started making the lemon truffles. And, it has definately helped.

You're definately doing the right thing gathering all your information to decide how to proceed. You can try the regular P3 and see how you do, then if you feel like switching to Leptin, you can. I just really haven't missed the dairy or nuts enough to worry about myself. I also try keeping my carbs below 50g each day, and that's helps regulate my weight VERY well!! Oh, and of course, LOTS of green tea!!

R/P/M
    Life Beyond Phases!
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful information. I'm stealing this and throwing it in my loading group's thread so they can read it too.

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by bluetechseeker View Post
    For what it's worth...

So You can't have any nuts? what about flax seeds or flax meal? Can you have Fage yogurt?

Thank you for this post BTW.

R3-P4

R/P/M
    Injections and hcg 2.0
    Freedom, your ability to have dairy during Leptin is dependent on if dairy triggers a glucose spike with you or not. If so, no dairy. If not, you can have some in moderation. I have really tried limiting my dair to cream in coffee, a little butter, and maybe a little white cheese here or there. I haven't had issues with it, but don't want to be heavy with dairy while trying to become Leptin Sensitive. NO nuts!! From the discussions, that would include flax seeds and flax meal from what I understand.

R/P/M
    r4/p2/drops
    I am posting so I have the infor. Thanks!!