Popular Pages :

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weight Gain while POP in P2

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets

Weight Gain while POP in P2

Hello,

My 23 year old daughter is quite distressed. She and I have been doing this diet together. She has been POP. She has lost 10 pounds and today is P2 D14. Yesterday she gained .4-.6, and today she gained an additional 1.4 pounds. She has had 500 calories per day. The only "iffy" thing we have had last night is 92% ground beef that I grilled and patted dry. But she had started gaining the day before. She ate that the week before and lost great. She exercises regularly but slightly less than before the diet and is really motivated.

This has never happened to me, so I don't know how to advise her. Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
    RK
    [/url]

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Beef is not on protocol because it is too fatty. Veal is recommended instead. Has she had beef before this in P2?

Patting it dry will not remove enough fat. Rinsing well with very hot water will come closer, but you still can't guarantee it will be lean enough. It needs to be as lean as chicken breast.

A jump up like that in P2 does happen. It could just be an anomaly as your body adjusts its water stores, and will soon drop off. Or, it could be hormonal if she is near her period time.

Beef and tomato combination causes gains for some people.

Another posssibility is that she is sensitive to one of the protocol foods. Did she try a different veggie or fruit in the last 2 days? I was sensitive to celery in one of my rounds. It caused gains every time. But they resolved in a day or so. But who wants to gain in P2? So I don't eat celery during my rounds now.

I know it can be disconcerting to gain during P2, but just keep on protocol and it will all even out.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Thank You Leez!

I thought it was better to post this here so it can help other people who may experience the same thing.
    We would like to post what she has been eating here for your review. She has meetings for the next two hours and then we will post it below. Could you please please look at it and see if you see anything that would cause a sensitivity or weight gain? Thank you?

I did not know that about the beef! Oh My! Because the original manuscript states 100 gm of beef! I mistakenly thought that lean ground beef was ok. ugh.

She had her period a week and a half ago.

Thank you so much for your help>
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthin View Post
    Hello,

My 23 year old daughter is quite distressed. She and I have been doing this diet together. She has been POP. She has lost 10 pounds and today is P2 D14. Yesterday she gained .4-.6, and today she gained an additional 1.4 pounds. She has had 500 calories per day. The only "iffy" thing we have had last night is 92% ground beef that I grilled and patted dry. But she had started gaining the day before. She ate that the week before and lost great. She exercises regularly but slightly less than before the diet and is really motivated.

This has never happened to me, so I don't know how to advise her. Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
    RK
    I lose great with beef as long as it's not less than 94% lean. At my local supermarket, they sell a brand of packaged grass-fed ground beef that is 96% lean - 4% fat. I stock up on it for P2, and always have a loss the day after eating it. Occasionally I can also find a London Broil roast which is also super lean if I see no marbling. When I do, I also slice and grill or stir fry that cut as well and have good losses. I've had success with unmarked bison (which is even leaner than beef).

I've tried veal in the past, and found what's offered was too fatty (scallopine thin slices), and I gained with it, so I never tried it again.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Hi Leez and Coco,

Coco thank you for your reply. I think the ground beef had too much fat in it!

Here is what she ate:

7/12/20:
    Extra Large Apple
    100 gm ground beef
    Large Onion

100 gm shrimp
    very small amount of steamed spinach
    Large grapefruit

After these meals, on 7/13 she woke up to a .5 lb gain

7/13/20:

1 cucumber
    270 gm apple
    50 gm shrimp

Dinner:
    1 Large onion
    100 gm chicken, Seasoned with Lawry's
    220 gm strawberries

On 7/14 she woke up to a .5 lb loss
    7/14/20
    Lunch:
    50 gm chicken breast
    2 cups Home made cucumber pickles (very quick light vinegar brine)
    270 gm apple

Dinner:
    100 gm 8% fat Burger meat
    with no sugar mustard and Lawry's
    Large onion
    230 gm strawberries

Today, 7/15 she Woke up with a 1.1 lb gain.

We have had today the famous Grammy's inflammation Smoothie.

DO you see anything she could be sensitive to other than the ground beef? The thing is, she was gaining the day before when we didn't have ground beef.

Thank you for looking this over.

Warmly,
    RK
    [/url]

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Coco is right--its not that beef itself is detrimental, its all about the fat. And if veal is too fatty, it won't work either. When the protocol was written, European beef was very lean and was allowed. But American beef was too fatty and therefore the direction to use veal instead.

The only things I see most likely to be a problem is shrimp. It seems to be the most reactive of the protein options. And possibly the sugar or paprika in the seasoning mix.

For me, I would gain from the Lawrys just because of my sensitivity to corn (it contains cornstarch)

I've found it best to make my own seasoning blends for P2. You have control of the ingredients that way.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Thanks Leez!

We are having white fish tonight, and we will make our own seasoning mix. Wonderful suggestion! Thank you.

We will let you know if the weight loss gets better. I'm sure it will--without the Lawrys and fatty beef!
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Hi Leez and Coco,

Coco thank you for your reply. I think the ground beef had too much fat in it!

Here is what she ate:

7/12/20:
    Extra Large Apple
    100 gm ground beef
    Large Onion

100 gm shrimp
    very small amount of steamed spinach
    Large grapefruit

After these meals, on 7/13 she woke up to a .5 lb gain

7/13/20:

1 cucumber
    270 gm apple
    50 gm shrimp

Dinner:
    1 Large onion
    100 gm chicken, Seasoned with Lawry's
    220 gm strawberries

On 7/14 she woke up to a .5 lb loss
    7/14/20
    Lunch:
    50 gm chicken breast
    2 cups Home made cucumber pickles (very quick light vinegar brine)
    270 gm apple

Dinner:
    100 gm 8% fat Burger meat
    with no sugar mustard and Lawry's
    Large onion
    230 gm strawberries

Today, 7/15 she Woke up with a 1.1 lb gain.

We have had today the famous Grammy's inflammation Smoothie.

DO you see anything she could be sensitive to other than the ground beef? The thing is, she was gaining the day before when we didn't have ground beef.

Thank you for looking this over.

Warmly,
    RK
    If it were me, the shrimp, strawberries(sensitive to all berries except cranberries), and believe it or not grapefruit will cause a gain. I love grapefruit, but i think it interacts with my blood pressure medication as it comes with warnings with many medications.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Good Morning and Good News!

First,
    Thank you Coco and Leez. Daughter is down 2 pounds today, so we think it was the beef. I am sadly only down my usual .4 pounds, but it is better than going up. After 2 days with no loss, I was hopeful of a bigger loss for me...sigh....

Thank you and have a great day.

Warmly,
    RK
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R4 P3 Sub
    RK,
    I'm a huge Lawry's fan-we use it on everything. In the 5 rounds I have done over the years since 2009, I have NEVER been able to use it without gain because of the sugar in it (I learned the hard way after 4 days of gains my first round).

A comparable alternate is Herbimare, which is all vegetable and herb-based. It doesn't have paprika but it is better than nothing. Good luck!

JJ

Hello,

Thank you.

Best wishes,
    RK

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    JCinco,

Thank you! We are really having Larry’s withdrawals! We will try that.

Thank you again!
    Rk
    [/url]