Popular Pages :

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Bulimia

R/P/M
    R2 P2 Injections
    ILuvKats...I am overwhelmed by your kind response. Sometimes as a mom all I can see is what I didn't do right, where I went wrong, so it's good to see once in awhile where I got it right, lol - and yes, my mom too passed it on to me and my sis and she too didn't know better. I'm hoping once my twin sis gets better in the coming months that we can talk more about this (she suffered a stroke about 6mos.ago - too young!).
    She desperately needs to lose weight (she's well over 200lbs) and I know she's unhappy with her state, and now more so since she has very limited speech capacity. Again, thank-you so much for your compliment - warms my heart!

p.s. ..is your sig from the popular YouTube video, 'I love cats'? lol - love that song

R/P/M
    R5/P2 compounded pellets
    Blog Entries
    Are you saying that you are binging and then making yourself throw up ? If so please go to a doctor. You really don't want to compromise your health. Thin of any kind just isn't worth sacrificing your health. Please get some professional help. YOu are worth it.

Start weight 268 (May 27'2011)
    Round 1 loss 30.20 40 days
    Round 2 loss 25.30. 40 days
    Round 3 loss 18.90. 23 days
    Round 4 loss. 27.04 36 days
    Round5

R/P/M
    R2 P2 Injections

Smile

You probably already know that your cravings sound like they're triggered by stress and emotions. For a lot of us that's how we're used to dealing with the stress and comforting ourselves. Now, I'm not an expert, I can only tell you from my own experience that when I get stressed and emotional, I'm a lot more vulnerable to binging and purging. It's been years and years since I've binged and purged, but I can only say that even if you're successful losing the weight, you will eventually have to deal with what triggers those cycles (unless you've also discovered a physical reason that sets you off and you can modify your food choices so as to alleviate them).

For example, I know from personal experience that once I start indulging in high-carb foods (potatoes in any form, bread, pastry, sweets etc) that it will set me up for more cravings, and the sugar highs and lows will start to dominate my life. I also know that if I resist the urge (granted, doesn't happen often anymore since I hard-core gave up carbs and any sweets) that it will pass. I keep myself busy, go for a walk (I don't jog anymore but used to put in 5 miles a day when I was younger), read a book, go out in my garden...to break the obsession from getting stronger.

Just talking to someone about it and how it's bothering you can help. I'm not saying go into therapy, although that does help some people.

Everyone finds a way to deal with this their own way. I imagine there are also forums on-line that are specifically geared towards helping bulimia. Maybe check out some of those and see if there's anything that could help you get a handle on this.
    I know I used binging and purging to actually avoid facing emotional/stressful issues - it was easier to shove the carbs and sweet down than have to face the turmoil and issues that were going on in my own life. Those were small but important realizations I made along the journey out of my
    dilemma, and most of them were discovered on my own. As I said, it's different for everyone.

Keep asking and talking about it because it's better to discuss it - even talking with people online can give you one of those 'ah ha!' moments that helps you understand your own behavior.
    You've done great so far, and I know you don't want to jeopardize all the good that you've accomplished with your health. This is an on-going journey and even when you get to your target weight, there will be more to discover about yourself.

Moderator Extraordinaire ILuvKats's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by anneq View Post
    ILuvKats...I am overwhelmed by your kind response. Sometimes as a mom all I can see is what I didn't do right, where I went wrong, so it's good to see once in awhile where I got it right, lol - and yes, my mom too passed it on to me and my sis and she too didn't know better. I'm hoping once my twin sis gets better in the coming months that we can talk more about this (she suffered a stroke about 6mos.ago - too young!).
    She desperately needs to lose weight (she's well over 200lbs) and I know she's unhappy with her state, and now more so since she has very limited speech capacity. Again, thank-you so much for your compliment - warms my heart!

p.s. ..is your sig from the popular YouTube video, 'I love cats'? lol - love that song
    hmmm, I must check out that video! . Nope, my siggy is just because I do in fact love cats. LOL.

i pray your sister will continue to improve. Strokes can be frustrating to recover from. Does she know the cause of her stroke?
    I am a Moderator of the Hcg Diet Info forums. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.
    Medical Disclaimer

Moderator Extraordinaire ILuvKats's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrunch View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the supportive responses...I made it through last night, and was rewarded with a 5 lb gain, which honestly doesn't bother me as much as the fear of actually gaining 5 lbs overnight the night before. And this is gonna sound EXTREMELY hypocritical of me, because I'm in a doctoral psych program, but I'm not ready to tell anyone whose face I have to look at. I guess I have to figure out what my trigger is, because although I'm always stressed (school), I'm actually really happy with my life in general. Which is maybe why I feel like I'm losing control of it, because the feeling just comes on. But I'm gonna have to learn to sit with it, and help myself.
    hi! You have been very very successful with this plan, congratulations! It's interesting you say you didn't seem to have the urge to purge until you got close to goal...and also at the same point in HS....could you still be struggling with moving on with life as a thin person? You've been focused on losing for awhile now....what is your plan after hcg? I know for me, I always have to have an idea of my path, or I start to feel stress.

I hear ya about not wanting to talk to anyone you have to face all the time about this. I work in health care and feel the same way. But as a professional, they have to treat you professionally and respect your right to privacy, HIPPA and all that. That being said, if you're not ready to talk to someone, don't add that stress to your plate too. ((Hugs)),
    I am a Moderator of the Hcg Diet Info forums. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.
    Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    R2 P2 Injections
    " I'm not ready to tell anyone whose face I have to look at" I understand 100% on this. Even though I know people who are able to talk face-to-face with others about bulimia, I wasn't one of those for a very long, long time, so as ILuvCats says, don't add to your stress and think you have to do this, lol. If you look at what animals do under a lot of stress, then how humans can behave under stress isn't that weird. Except we are more complex creatures.

i pray your sister will continue to improve. Strokes can be frustrating to recover from.
    Does she know the cause of her stroke?
    Yes, she's also an RN so she understands what happened, and probably why. She's always held her stress in, and has always been the one to manage things i.e. she wears the pants in the family. So, not only physically but mentally this has been very challenging for her, since she's no longer in that position. I know she'll have to let go and let her husband do more for her, and he has stepped up to the plate nicely in that regard. Thank you for your prayers, they mean everything
    /hugs

R/P/M
    R7/P2
    Blog Entries
    DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
    RESOURCES:
    Weight Loss Apocalypse by: Robin Phipps Woodall
    Mindset Magic by Happy Conscious Gal
    Geneen Roth

Brrr, very provocative video.
    I was an active bulimic before HCG, and FINALLY, FINALLY I've been able to stop it (well, we'll see how P3 and p4 goes - I really really hope to maintain). I started hcg in hopes to get read of daily purging, and moving into normal healthy eating. Which includes (for me, in recovery stage, until I will feel comfortable with intuitive eating) structure in eating.
    I do believe that eating intuitively (by following body signals) is THE best way to nourish your body.
    I completely agree that overindulging for reasons other than hunger (well, if I'm overly hungry i will overeat - it is normal for any person, I believe) is not good for the body.
    What I also think that it is very important for bulimics to be okay with occasional overeating - purging an 'overeat' is a straight way into the cycle - overeat again!. Also, even though yoyo gaining-losing is not a great thing for your body, it's a lot better than active bulimia.

I think is that the problem is not losing/gaining per se, but having a limit in your mind. of when you become 'not okay'. It's not okay to be 'not okay'! Even being overweight. (and even, I have to say, being bulimic!) It doesn't help a bit - being 'not okay'. Loving and caring and nourishing the body is great. What I often see is that emotions and habits get in the way - and these have to be dealt with. I personally have a couple of difficult emotions which drive me to chocolate.. I try to practice 'oh, here it comes again..'. Which has actually been much easier to practice while on hcg - no 'escape' into food. And I've learnt that also these emotions do not feel manageable at all, they do pass.

Sorry if the though is too scattered - your video was quite disturbing for me.. I am terribly afraid of having (both body and mind) binge urges after P2.. But I do know that at least sometimes I CAN resist. And I'm pretty sure the more I DO resist, the easier it becomes. We'll see how it goes.. Will keep you posted.

Okay, keeping you posted.
    Post-hcg I was completely bulimia-free for a little bit more than 1 month, and then I went on carbs - binged, purged, though intensity was definitely not the same. I guess i was too low on carbs in P4.
    After that I had bulimia symptoms for about 10 times, and then (for about a month, a bit more) so far, I have stopped.
    I have eventually regained almost all weight I lost when I was dieting, but I have to say, staying away from bulimia is much easier post-hcg than i was pre-hcg.
    Also, I am stronger, and look skinnier than i was pre-hcg.
    I consider this a plus. It definitely helped me fix my eating habits. And also, it helped me fix my body image issues. I started to like my body. To like my face. To like my hair. And it's good.
    I still have to work on my reaction to the number on the scale - it's freaking me out, even though I'm still in 'normal' category.
    I decided to do a second round - not so much for losing weight (though for losing weight as well, but for feeling the same lightness as in first round.
    It's like alcoholics Dr. Simeons talks about in the P&I manuscript.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051