Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Steak day on P2 after mistakes/weight gain/stall

Mini Steak day on P2 after mistakes/weight gain/stall

Hi, all. I am on day 13 of P2 (if you dont count loading, I am on day 10). I am vegan and I decided to eat meat during the diet to have better losses. Welll, I couldnt choke down another bite so I ate tofu for 2 days for both proteins with dinner. I gained a pound and a half! I weighed in yesterday with that gain and then switched back to fish and chicken yesterday. I am going to do a steak day today- i plan to eat 3.5 oz for dinner after fasting all day. Will this break my plateau? I am feeling very discouraged and totally grossed out but i can power through eating meat until the end if i see the scale move down tomorrow morning.
    I do have a few questions about tomatoes and apples but will wait until i see a response.
    Thanks so much!

Oh. Let me add the scale was the same this am after eating meat yesterday.

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Some have had good success using alternate proteins, specifically the Jay Robb egg white or whey protein shake. Sun Warrior is a good vegan one.

You might get more ideas from this article: https://hcgdietinfo.com/vegetarian-h...otein-sources/

You may lose a little slower using the off protocol choices, but it will get the job done.

There is no steak day for P2, but it's possible to get away with only eating one of your meals for the day here and there. Generally its best to keep close to the 500 calories allowed each day. It's kind of like the apple day. It seems to produce a result, but its most likely to be temporary.

You shouldn't have to gross yourself out to be successful. Maybe you could alternate fish with a protein shake and make it a bit more palatable.

Tofu is soy, and soy is known to be a hormone disrupter. Since HCG is a hormone protocol, that could possibly explain why it was not a successful choice for you.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

I'm new to the forum but I'm on Day 23 of P2 of my second round. I've done a mini steak day after making the conscious decision to cheat. I heard about it on this forum. I had a 7 ounce filet mignon and a large apple and that's it. I lost 2.5 pounds the next day. Ive heard some who don't process beef well don't have good results. I've also done a couple apple days in round 1 and had ok results with that breaking a stall.

Leez, thanks so much! I was really scared to use a shake but that would be so much better than choking down meat like i did last night. Btw, i lost 1.4 pounds! Stall broken.

I only lost 1.4 after last night but ill take it!!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    chawna, it is normal to have some days where there is no loss. That is not a real stall, and it is perfectly normal to happen (especially for women) as your body regulates its water stores. This little graphic explains what is happening:
    whoosh.jpg

A real stall is 4 or more days in a row without loss. And even then, you don't need to do anything to make it break, as it will on its own. The best course is to just keep on protocol and be patient. What usually happens is that after a time, your body will release the water it is holding and you'll get a whoosh that will bring your daily loss average back in range. Most women will lose about a half a pound a day averaged out over P2. Some will be lucky and lose a bit more, but you can't count on it, or make it happen by tweaking the protocol.

Stalls of 10 days during a round are not unusual. And if you are at an old established setpoint, a stall can last 2 weeks. Its a challenge to stay focused during a long stall, but it is just the way it seems to work.

When you do some kind of intervention, it can produce a scale drop, so there is some psychological boost from that. But it is just forcing your body to release water that it would release anyway as you go through the protocol. So, my position is, why make it any harder on yourself than necessary?
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Leez, I have noticed my body changing even though the scale wasnt moving. I have read several threads that say this happens and I guess that reflects what your graphic shows? I was just getting really discouraged as I did a round of HCG 10 yrs ago to lose 20 pounds and it came off in a flash. However, I was working out...
    My nurse said to avoid workouts but now I am thinking I should? What are your thoughts?
    Oh, also this time I have 20 pounds to lose as well. I am down 6 in 13 days and I am on a 30 day protocol so I guess I will be lucky to lose 10 more in the time I have left. �� is it hard to lose more weight off HCG and stabilization?
    Sorry for the long response and all of the questions!

Oh, also, are tomatoes an issue for some folks? I made a tomato soup when i ate tofu and gained. Although I do think tofu was the culprit. ��

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Yes, your body can change even if the scale is not moving. That is why the original manuscript is called "Pounds and Inches". So measuring during a lull can help keep you motivated.

Your nurse is right, its not a good idea to start workingout in P2, although you can continue any kind of activity (including workouts) that your body is already used to. So, for instance a construction worker will have enough energy to keep working during the diet. You might not have any extra energy, and you will find you don't have endurance, but you'll have enough to keep doing whatever your body is used to.

To compute your average daily loss, you start with the weight you are on the morning of your first low calorie day. At the end, you will lose somewhere close to half a pound a day, so for a 30 day round, most women will lose 12-15 pounds.

Tomatos can cause stalls for some. Also the combination of tomato and beef can be a problem. If that was the first time you tried tomatos and gained, it certainly could be a factor. Some people have a hidden nightshade sensitivity.

Hi, Leez. So the scale went down to 158 and this morning, it is at 159.4. I am so frustrated! I ate exactly according to protocol. Why is the scale going up? I understand a lull but not a gain.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    That is a pretty big gain. Its not unsual to go up a bit during P2, but that is a lot.

I would suspect something like bad sleep, too much salt, some kind of injury/inflammation, or a food sensitivity. Regardless, you didn't gain 1.4 pounds of fat. It is just water, and it will eventually leave.

If you think it is inflammation, an epsom salts bath (you need soak for at least 20 min) can help. Keep drinking water. It sounds counter-intuitive, but drinking water helps flush out extra water in your cells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast