Page 736 of 1874 FirstFirst ... 23663668672673473573673773874678683612361736 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 18739

Thread: The Rogue HCG Saloon

HI ladies! I need some advice! I just finished a really short round (my third) with only 10 days on P2 since I ran out of Drops. I lost great during the round (10 pounds), which I couldn't figure out because I was off protocol more than any of my other rounds. Now that I'm off the drops, I've gained 4 pounds in three days. GRANTED, I have been eating crappy and not at all how I'm supposed to. So, it's not HCG's fault! But what do I do...I hate the idea of steak days...would you just stick to proteins and veggies for a few days? Just protein? Fat? AHHHHH!!! What's worked best to bring you back to LDW?

Starting Weight 156.2
    Loading Weight 157.2
    23 days of P2 - LDW 148
    23 days of P3 - stabilized!

R2 Starting Weight 147
    Loading Weight 149.1
    VLCD DAY 1 149.1
    D2 146.1
    D3 145.7
    D4 146.8 (cheated on D3 - paid for it for two days!)
    D5 146.7
    D6 145.4

R/P/M
    round 3/p3/ rx sublingual
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskamama72 View Post
    HI ladies! I need some advice! I just finished a really short round (my third) with only 10 days on P2 since I ran out of Drops. I lost great during the round (10 pounds), which I couldn't figure out because I was off protocol more than any of my other rounds. Now that I'm off the drops, I've gained 4 pounds in three days. GRANTED, I have been eating crappy and not at all how I'm supposed to. So, it's not HCG's fault! But what do I do...I hate the idea of steak days...would you just stick to proteins and veggies for a few days? Just protein? Fat? AHHHHH!!! What's worked best to bring you back to LDW?
    Well I do find that I lose better when I eat steak. Not even a total steak day but steak for dinner helps me lose. When I want to lose a few pounds I do fage with Stevia for lunch and steak and cheese for dinner. I also continue to eat my homemade jello with fage, strawberries and blueberries. It's good for at least a few pounds. It took me till now to try steak and see that it works so well. I have never tried any other type of correction days and I don't even do the steak day right but it works. Then make sure you eat good for 3 days afterward so it "sticks". If not you will gain it back.
    hardee(Denise)

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I am coming to realize that I really do weigh less when I add some "bad" stuff into my diet. I went really slow with adding after r2. It was several months before I added any real bread or goodies. I was staying below LDW easily at that point. I thought it was because I took my time. Now with the graduations and dinners I've had much "bad" food lately. I gained and lost but we still had cake here. I had a forkfull here and there. I've also been nibbling a lot. I actually weigh less now then before the graduations. I think my system does better with a few more carbs. Ok I wouldn't do cake every day but it's surprising that I lost on it. I'm going to keep experimenting and see what happens. I do know that my hair loss improved a lot after I started adding more back in the fall. Yes it is back after this round again. I really think adding some more carbs is what helped it.

Hope everyone is doing well today.
    hardee(Denise)

Hi Everyone,

It's been a bit of a challenging week for me. I've just completed 4 full weeks of injections and am 2 days shy of doing 4 weeks of the VLCD (mind you it's 800 or less, not the 500 most of you are doing).

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever been so serious and disciplined about a diet before. I don't cheat. I had a half glass of red wine this weekend because I was away celebrating a friends birthday but my naturopath said that was okay to do (I checked beforehand) and I stayed well under the 800 calories. I also biked for 2 hours the very next day. I was very proud of myself for sticking to the program and while I didn't feel hungry I certainly had some feels of deprivation but they were outweighed by the fact that I looked and felt a lot better than I did a month ago.

That said, my scale doesn't seem to be budging. I've lost a total of approximately 13 pounds. For 4 weeks I don't think that's enough. Certainly not based on the low calorie/carb diet I've been keeping. The worst of it is that the last week I think I've maybe gone down 1.5 pounds. Max. And then there's TOM. Prior to this diet I had not had it for about 4 months. Other than the occasional few days of very light flow. Week #2 into the HCG injections it arrived and with a vengeance. Fortunately I don't get cramps much or a lot of the other problems that typically come during TOM but it was incredibly heavy and lasted almost 7 days, which is unheard of for me. So okay, I get through that, have a one week reprive and then back it comes! Week #2 and Week #4 of this program has been TOM. Which may or may not explain my slow weight loss. I don't know. I'm discouraged. My doc said that I could stop taking the injections and it would stop but I'm apprehensive to do this, fearing that my appetite could surge and I'll have lost all the ground I've worked so hard at.

And to top it all off, I've had sugar cravings which I almost never get, even when I'm not restricting calories! I can handle them but it's confusing.

Tonight I had to go to a company BBQ. I offered to bring Greek Salad because I knew I could eat that and had a chicken burger all on it's own. No point in torturing you all with the food that was there but it was quite a spread, none of which I felt comfortable eating. I ended up leaving early, slipping out so no one would notice, just because I was so discouraged that I was not only unable to enjoy the food like everyone else, but also because it felt like I can't seem to do enough to lose the weight I want to while everyone else around me is consuming alcohol, samosas, burgers, brownies, cupcakes ... blah blah blah. Kind of like damned if I do and damned if I don't!

Okay, I guess I'll stop complaining now. I'm sure you've all felt this at some time or another. It definitely sucks.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

R/P/M
    prescription hcg
    Hi ladies

Aww HeatherJen, :'( don't get discouraged. You're having a rough time it seems. I don't know what you do but it seems that you have been faced with a lot of outings & social events during your round. I had my birthday, anniversary, husbands bday, and my nephew's graduation during my time, in addition to mother's day & memorial day. I did go out with my sisters for my birthday, I had a thin crust pizza with pesto & third of a piece of bread pudding. I stalled for 10-11 days afterwards I'm not positive f it was the food but if I knew it would have that effect, I would've REALLY indulged!!! I skipped the memorial day BBQ, and the get together for my mother inlaw as well as dinner for my anniversary & mother's day brunch. At times I did feel deprived but I knew this going in. Somethings are easier for me because I don't drink alcohol or eat a lot of sauces/condiments but that's also been difficult because I don't eat pork or red meat my protein options were so limited. In fact, normally I eat ground turkey in some form 4-5 times a week which turkey is said to not.work for.hcg. Only you know what you want & what you can endure. As far as TOM mine's is already hell because of my condition the hcg amplified it times 10. I too got my period early, heavier, lasting longer with more intense cramping. Honestly, it was so bad my husband encouraged me to go to the hospital of course he knows my TOM is hard for me with the hormonal issues & adenomyosis but he didn't know about the hcg & I wouldn't lie it I went to the ER. So I just took some meds and suffered through it, crying and in pain...I've said before none of us know how the hcg will effect our bodies going in so its a gamble, even Denise has said she's noticed some differences from round to round. Just try your best and try to stay positive. I know you can do it!!! How much longer is your round???

With that said to be honest I think we sometimes have great expectations coming in. I've learn to be realistic about myself & my body. I've seen where some ppl say they are losing like a pound everyday, that didn't happen once for me I've never loss a full pound at any point in P2. In my mind I say that's just not my body so I don't get upset or frustrated. I've also been rogue. A little bit in P2 with my turkey here & there, a couple of take out meals and my blueberries. More rogue in P3. I don't even post what I'm doing here because I'd never want to influence someone to do something bad that my cause a gain. I can't be miserable, so I've had somethings along the way that I probably shouldn't but I know I couldn't take a total restriction. Anyway, same ole same for me had a big salad today which was good since I haven't had 1 in about 5 days. Up .4 from LIW which I'm ok with considering the cake and glaze on the roasted chicken oh & I had 2 fun size pieces of candy at work last night. Truly exhausted & needed a quick pick me up & thought the sugar could do it. Good luck everyone! Stay encouraged & strong, you can do it!!!

Oh & btw just try to adapt it as much as you can to your lifestyle. I work nights & its hard to have hcg especially P2 friendly foods to take along that were convenient. Because I work nights & my life is often filled with errands & Dr appts I also don't typically sleep more than 5 hours Sunday- Thursday. My kids get home from school around 3 & I like to be up with them to talk & check in with them, help with homework if needed, fix a snack, etc. I think its amazing if anyone can do straight protocol with food, hours of sleep recommended, product to use & avoid but obviously we are not those ppl

Kathryn
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wE3pThK/]

[/url]

MISSION: To only wear yoga pants when working out; not because they are the only thing I can fit

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    R/P/M
    R1 P2 drops
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJen View Post
    Hi Everyone,

It's been a bit of a challenging week for me. I've just completed 4 full weeks of injections and am 2 days shy of doing 4 weeks of the VLCD (mind you it's 800 or less, not the 500 most of you are doing).

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever been so serious and disciplined about a diet before. I don't cheat. I had a half glass of red wine this weekend because I was away celebrating a friends birthday but my naturopath said that was okay to do (I checked beforehand) and I stayed well under the 800 calories. I also biked for 2 hours the very next day. I was very proud of myself for sticking to the program and while I didn't feel hungry I certainly had some feels of deprivation but they were outweighed by the fact that I looked and felt a lot better than I did a month ago.

That said, my scale doesn't seem to be budging. I've lost a total of approximately 13 pounds. For 4 weeks I don't think that's enough. Certainly not based on the low calorie/carb diet I've been keeping. The worst of it is that the last week I think I've maybe gone down 1.5 pounds. Max. And then there's TOM. Prior to this diet I had not had it for about 4 months. Other than the occasional few days of very light flow. Week #2 into the HCG injections it arrived and with a vengeance. Fortunately I don't get cramps much or a lot of the other problems that typically come during TOM but it was incredibly heavy and lasted almost 7 days, which is unheard of for me. So okay, I get through that, have a one week reprive and then back it comes! Week #2 and Week #4 of this program has been TOM. Which may or may not explain my slow weight loss. I don't know. I'm discouraged. My doc said that I could stop taking the injections and it would stop but I'm apprehensive to do this, fearing that my appetite could surge and I'll have lost all the ground I've worked so hard at.

And to top it all off, I've had sugar cravings which I almost never get, even when I'm not restricting calories! I can handle them but it's confusing.

Tonight I had to go to a company BBQ. I offered to bring Greek Salad because I knew I could eat that and had a chicken burger all on it's own. No point in torturing you all with the food that was there but it was quite a spread, none of which I felt comfortable eating. I ended up leaving early, slipping out so no one would notice, just because I was so discouraged that I was not only unable to enjoy the food like everyone else, but also because it felt like I can't seem to do enough to lose the weight I want to while everyone else around me is consuming alcohol, samosas, burgers, brownies, cupcakes ... blah blah blah. Kind of like damned if I do and damned if I don't!

Okay, I guess I'll stop complaining now. I'm sure you've all felt this at some time or another. It definitely sucks.
    I think you'd have to say the 800 cals is just a touch too much then? and you were also eating things off the original protocol? I can only think that's the the real reason it hasn't worked as well as it does for others. Whatever you've been eating hasn't worked for you. Honestly, I think for me chicken + cabbage or steak + cabbage is the trick. Boring, but if I do it again i'll settle in and just resign myself to it. Still, you've done well to last so long! I too had sugar cravings, even though I don't eat sweets much. It was in the week before my TOM, not sure if that was part of it.

R1 P2 Goal: lose 10kg (22lbs)
    week 1 -3.3kg (7.5 lbs)
    week 2 -5.7kg (13lbs)
    week 3 -7.7kg (17lbs)
    final days ... -8kg (17.6lbs)

R1 P3 Goal: stabilise!
    W1 - +500g of LDW (bummer, but ok) added in dairy: milk & cheese; salmon, avo, olive oil,
    W2 in progress, adding nuts, yoghurt, mayo, butter
    disaster ... back to normal life +2kg DLW

I agree, I think its the food you are allowed to eat. I think you may be OK with more than 500 calories but try to stay with the food in the original protocol. sounds like you do well sticking to it otherwise.

Hey Kathryn ... I do appreciate what you wrote about expectations. I knew I'd be a slower loser going into this so I'm adjusting my attitude today I can't believe you stalled for 11 days! Wow, that puts things into perspective.

My job does involve a fair bit of social events. I sell life insurance for a financial institution so there's a lot of wining and dining so to speak. It's not everyday or anything but probably around once a week I have a challenge in that area.

Thanks for everyone else's thoughts on my food intake. You could be right. That said, I've spent the money putting my trust in the naturopath and I'm certainly doing everything he is telling me to do so I'll keep on this course and see what he says next week when we meet again.

Anyhow, home for lunch now. Making steak and greek salad.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJen View Post
    Hi Everyone,

HeatherJen, I totally agree with the others. It's the type of food and not the calories. I added protein and although I didn't actually add up my cals, I know I was at about 800. I haven't looked back at your old posts but I do seem to remember your dr advising some foods I simply would not eat on P2. I went by the scale. Now mind you we are in the rogue saloon and that's where I did all 3 rounds. I knew adding protein would not be a problem and it wasn't. I lost better with higher protein. I found out what "cheating stuff" worked ok for me. I made condiments out of Hunt's tomato sauce, fff and nonfat cottage cheese. I used them to make the meals tolerable but I didn't drown the food in them either. I used my unsweetened almond milk and homemade jello too. I ate my 0 carb bread but sparingly. I tried other stuff and stalled or gained. If any of these gave me a problem, I would have stopped doing them. I ate mostly asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower. Yes 2 of those are not protocol foods. Write down every single thing you eat. If you gain or stall, you know something is a "bad" thing for you. I couldn't eat oranges at all and they are protocol. For some reason I lost better on beef then chicken or fish. None of them were bad but my losses were better on beef days. I don't care what the protocol or dr says. It's not just a one size fits all diet. You have to find out how you as an individual react to the different foods. Write it down each day and compare. Also don't forget to drink lots of water.
    hardee(Denise)

Quote Originally Posted by hardee View Post
    HeatherJen, I totally agree with the others. It's the type of food and not the calories. I added protein and although I didn't actually add up my cals, I know I was at about 800. I haven't looked back at your old posts but I do seem to remember your dr advising some foods I simply would not eat on P2. I went by the scale. Now mine you we are in the rogue saloon and that's where I did all 3 rounds. I know adding protein would not be a problem and it wasn't. I lost better with higher protein. I found out what "cheating stuff" worked ok for me. I made condiments out of Hunt's tomato sauce, fff and nonfat cottage cheese. I used them to make the meals tolerable but I didn't drown the food in them either. I used my unsweetened almond milk and homemade jello too. I ate my 0 carb bread but sparingly. I tried other stuff and stalled or gained. If any of these gave me a problem, I would have stopped doing them. I ate mostly asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower. Yes 2 of those are not protocol foods. Write down every single thing you eat. If you gain or stall, you know something is a "bad" thing for you. I couldn't eat oranges at all and they are protocol. For some reason I lost better on beef then chicken or fish. None of them were bad but my losses were better on beef days. I don't care what the protocol or dr says. It's not just a one size fits all diet. You have to find out how you as an individual react to the different foods. Write it down each day and compare. Also don't forget to drink lots of water.
    I stalled too and did a combo apple and steak day, lost two pounds immediately the next day. Try that....!