Popular Pages :


Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 685 to 696 of 867

Thread: Accountability group for May 2013!!

  1. #685
    Senior Member EyeDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    R/P/M
    R3 VLCD 5/13/13
    Posts
    328

    more about hcg testing and hunger from my clinic

    Okay, so I posted from my ipad last night and just now saw all the typos!!! Jeez. eye doctor not wearing her glasses - tsk tsk.

    Michelle, the clinic director, called the hcg company to find out why the batches weren't testing positive for hcg in the office right after she mixed them. At the time, he gave us some song and dance about how not all the batches will test positive b/c the sensitivity of the preg test strip isn't accurate, blah blah blah. BUT he did give me some good advice about the plan and hunger:

    1. DRINK A FULL 16 OUNCE GLASS OF WATER IMMEDIATELY UPON ARISING, BEFORE EATING OR DRINKING ANYTHING ELSE. This will help flush out the waste that was built up overnight. Of course I'll pee and weigh myself first, but then drink up.
    2. IF YOU'RE HUNGRY, OMIT THE FRUIT INCLUDING TOMATOES, AND INCREASE VEGGIES 2 OR 3 FOLD - BIGGER PORTIONS OF VEGGIES AND PROTEIN BUT FOCUS MORE ON THE VEGGIES. He says the sugar in fruits will sometimes kick off wicked hunger pangs.

    Hope this helps. Also, when I went to the clinic and told them about my trouble (feeling faint, dizzy, vision blacking out, starving, tired, disconnected), I had a bad response initially with the tech who was helping me.

    So this is part of the email I sent to the hcg director this morning:

    "....Also, the other girl is so sweet Ė I forgot her name Ė but she needs a lot more training. When I first got there and told her I tested my hcg she tried to convince me that the pregnancy test wasnít to test hcg. Then she put the ketone strip in my urine and said THAT was the hcg test and the fact that it was light pink meant there was hcg in my urine. Iím sure she was just trying to help, but none of that is accurate Ė itís blatantly WRONG - and if it werenít for you and Dr. G being so awesome, I would have thrown a fit right then and there. I think she needs to be told that if she doesnít know the answer to a question, that she canít BS her way through it. Her patient just might be a physician, like me Ė and know way more about it than she does. I have no problem with you showing her this so she understands that patient-doctor/doctorís office relationships are built on trust and honesty and disclosure and that giving that kind of misinformation to patients is what causes some of them to complain to the division of medical quality assurance, which these days just means two clicks of a mouse on the computer.

    So, again, thanks for your genuine care and concern for me and my plan and I hope the next time I come in itís because Iím feeling so great and Iíll have to wear a nametag because you wonít recognize my skinny self.
    ...."

    Yes, it was a bad visit. BUT I tested my batch today and it was pink = preggers!!! LOL Now that I'm on a higher dose it might catch up faster. I loaded last night and will do so again today, although I truly feel sick after taking the second dose yesterday from the new batch. I think this stuff works - think the other stuff was bogus or old or expired. Oh well. Onward, upward.

    Kim
    CELEBRATE ALL THE LOSSES, EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT MEASURED IN POUNDS!
    START: 204 (pre load weight)
    VLCD1: 212!! (POST-LOAD WEIGHT! gasp)
    VLCD9: (((INTERRUPTED DUE TO BAD HCG, HAD TO RE-MIX AND RE-LOAD))))
    PART TWO:
    VLCD1, AFTER RE-LOAD:200 (sigh)
    June 4: 191.5(total 12.5 pounds gone since original pre-load)

    Height: 5'10"





  2. #686
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    R/P/M
    R5, Pellets
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeDoc View Post
    Okay, so I posted from my ipad last night and just now saw all the typos!!! Jeez. eye doctor not wearing her glasses - tsk tsk.

    Michelle, the clinic director, called the hcg company to find out why the batches weren't testing positive for hcg in the office right after she mixed them. At the time, he gave us some song and dance about how not all the batches will test positive b/c the sensitivity of the preg test strip isn't accurate, blah blah blah. BUT he did give me some good advice about the plan and hunger:

    1. DRINK A FULL 16 OUNCE GLASS OF WATER IMMEDIATELY UPON ARISING, BEFORE EATING OR DRINKING ANYTHING ELSE. This will help flush out the waste that was built up overnight. Of course I'll pee and weigh myself first, but then drink up.
    2. IF YOU'RE HUNGRY, OMIT THE FRUIT INCLUDING TOMATOES, AND INCREASE VEGGIES 2 OR 3 FOLD - BIGGER PORTIONS OF VEGGIES AND PROTEIN BUT FOCUS MORE ON THE VEGGIES. He says the sugar in fruits will sometimes kick off wicked hunger pangs.

    Hope this helps. Also, when I went to the clinic and told them about my trouble (feeling faint, dizzy, vision blacking out, starving, tired, disconnected), I had a bad response initially with the tech who was helping me.

    So this is part of the email I sent to the hcg director this morning:

    "....Also, the other girl is so sweet – I forgot her name – but she needs a lot more training. When I first got there and told her I tested my hcg she tried to convince me that the pregnancy test wasn’t to test hcg. Then she put the ketone strip in my urine and said THAT was the hcg test and the fact that it was light pink meant there was hcg in my urine. I’m sure she was just trying to help, but none of that is accurate – it’s blatantly WRONG - and if it weren’t for you and Dr. G being so awesome, I would have thrown a fit right then and there. I think she needs to be told that if she doesn’t know the answer to a question, that she can’t BS her way through it. Her patient just might be a physician, like me – and know way more about it than she does. I have no problem with you showing her this so she understands that patient-doctor/doctor’s office relationships are built on trust and honesty and disclosure and that giving that kind of misinformation to patients is what causes some of them to complain to the division of medical quality assurance, which these days just means two clicks of a mouse on the computer.

    So, again, thanks for your genuine care and concern for me and my plan and I hope the next time I come in it’s because I’m feeling so great and I’ll have to wear a nametag because you won’t recognize my skinny self.
    ...."

    Yes, it was a bad visit. BUT I tested my batch today and it was pink = preggers!!! LOL Now that I'm on a higher dose it might catch up faster. I loaded last night and will do so again today, although I truly feel sick after taking the second dose yesterday from the new batch. I think this stuff works - think the other stuff was bogus or old or expired. Oh well. Onward, upward.

    Kim
    You go girl! Between that and the hhcg that doesnt work ...argh! I hate posting from my tablet too.

  3. #687
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/rx injections
    Posts
    186
    Good Morning everyone so glad it is FRIDAY!! Looking forward to the long weekend

    Herbanit- I also have about 2 weeks left, so i will be here right beside you

    So AFM i was down .4 today after 8 days ...so slow but i know i will have a bigger loss soon, im gonna stick this out!!

  4. #688
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/HCG Injections
    Posts
    169
    Hello Everyone! Just stopping by on the fly to say hello and I wish all of you terrific losses through the rest of your P2.

    I had a super big error the first day of P3 and want to warn those of you not to make the same mistake I did which is not reading each and every label carefully. I made cocoa crack and fell in love. It was so delicious I ate 2 batches. THEN I realized I made it with truvia BAKING which has sugar in it . I woke to a 3.2 pound gain after one day of p3 :::gulp::::.

    Yesterday was my second day on P3. I stayed totally clean of all sugar (did have cocoa crack, but made it with regular truvia and not baking truvia) and woke to a one pound loss today which puts me .6 below LIW. It's a good thing I lost over 4 pounds from LIW to first day of P3 or I would have had to do a steak day out of the gate!! Caution: read labels, read labels, read labels.

    Be well everyone and I look forward to seeing you in the P3 group!!

    Wanderer

  5. #689
    I'm New!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    6
    I haven't lost any weight yet.. This is VLCD day #2. Hopefully I can figure out what the issue is. Sigh! My goal is 34lbs for this 40 days. I started at 215.0

  6. #690
    Hi Everyone, TGIF!

    I'm down 1.2 to 188.0

    I'm going to get caught up later. Have a great day everyone!

  7. #691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    R/P/M
    R5, Pellets
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantashia View Post
    I haven't lost any weight yet.. This is VLCD day #2. Hopefully I can figure out what the issue is. Sigh! My goal is 34lbs for this 40 days. I started at 215.0
    HI there, welcome! What method of hcg are you using? how much did you gain for your load days? Are you following diet protocol? Is this first round or have you done this before?

  8. #692
    Super Member! niane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    los banos california
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/INJECTIONS
    Posts
    1,305
    Well I had a goose egg today, so Im going into P3, this round has been a BUST, so Im going to do a redo of round 3, so this is my LIW. I just can't keep up the good old fight, plus my insomnia is so bad I just sleep 3 hours, we need sleep in order to lose the weight and I just can't at this point, believe me I've tried everything to get sleep but nothing's working. Im thinking my thyroid isn't functioning at a proper level, so Im going to make a doctor's appointment to get my lab's done when my 72 hours transition is over and no more hcg is left in my blood. I'll be over at the new P3 thread, waiting for everyone to arrive, so Best Wishes and I'll see everyone when your are starting P3.

    Vlcd 1 164.8
    Vlcd 2 164.0 (-0.8)
    Vlcd 3 164.2 (+0.2)
    Vlcd 4 164.0 (-0.2)
    Vlcd 5 163.6 (-0.4)

  9. #693
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    R/P/M
    R5, Pellets
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by niane View Post
    Well I had a goose egg today, so Im going into P3, this round has been a BUST, so Im going to do a redo of round 3, so this is my LIW. I just can't keep up the good old fight, plus my insomnia is so bad I just sleep 3 hours, we need sleep in order to lose the weight and I just can't at this point, believe me I've tried everything to get sleep but nothing's working. Im thinking my thyroid isn't functioning at a proper level, so Im going to make a doctor's appointment to get my lab's done when my 72 hours transition is over and no more hcg is left in my blood. I'll be over at the new P3 thread, waiting for everyone to arrive, so Best Wishes and I'll see everyone when your are starting P3.
    You sound like you're taking it well. Good luck! See you in p3

  10. #694
    Hey All,

    Once again I am down .4 today, I think I see a pattern developing. Seems like we have lost quite a few people to the new P3 group. I have to admit that I have been looking over there a bit, but its hard to hear them talk about all this wonderful food that they are adding! I am trying not to get too excited yet I still have 2 weeks left on P2. I really hope that I am able to lose the 12.8 in the next 2 weeks to meet my goal but the past 3 weeks I have averaged only 3.8 pounds so I think I might fall a little short. Has anyone done multiple rounds before? I have never done a full 43 day round before. I have heard people over and over talk about how weight loss slows the second week, what about the last few weeks, should I expect the same 3.8 pound loss? I know its not the same for everyone I am just curious about others experiences on full rounds.

    Blessed2012- It’s always hard to have a stall so happy that you were able to lose .4 after a while with no losses!

    EyeDoc- I’m so sorry! Sounds like your clinic was taking you for a ride, but I’m happy you were able to get it sorted. I simply CANT give up tomatoes, I nearly live on them during this diet!

    Herbanit- Tom is always the worst, I always gain no matter what. Hang in there and keep drinking water and you will do great. Also YES I am a TOTAL Shorty!! I am only 5’0. Pretty much my whole life I weighed in between 94-105 until my sister talked me into the Depovera shot…. Long story short it ruined me and I gained about 40 lbs in 3 months! I have been living with it for about 3 years, tried other diets and exercise but I cant believe how great this diet is! Its helping me to get back to a place where I feel good about myself again, because even 5 or 10 pounds on me looks like a LOT more since I am so short.

    TamtoLose- Welcome to our group! We just lost quite a few people to P3 so the more the merrier!

    Wander- Thanks for looking out for all of us in P2!!

    Shantashia- Make sure that you are drinking PLENTY of water, I find that is the most important part of my losses.

    Lisa415- YAY ON 1.2!! That’s great!!

    Niane- So sorry this round was not good for you! At least there is a great P3 support group to move into, good luck with your Dr’s appointment.


    Start 146
    VLCWEEK 1: -7.4
    VLCWEEK 2: -3.8
    VLCWEEK 3: -3.8
    VLCD22: 130.4
    VLCD23: 129.8
    VLCD24: 129.2
    VLCD25: 128.6
    VLCD26: 127.8
    Total lost: 18 lbs
    To Go: 12.8
    Goal 115

  11. #695
    Senior Member thirteenblessings's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    Posts
    797
    Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in, super busy week! My little boy graduates preschool today in about an hour! Time goes way too fast! Anyway I'll try to catch up tonight.

    AFM, doing ok. I stopped taking my Metformin and am doing much better with not being dizzy and weak. I'm not hungry either. Speaking of, do you think if I'm not hungry I should force my meals anyway or just eat when I'm hungry? I do seem to lose better when I'm not skipping meals.

    TOM is still not here. About 2 days late. This happened last time too and messed up my P3. So I"m hoping it comes pretty soon because I kind of want to only do one more week of P2. Slow and steady this week but at least I see downward movement everyday so I'm not complaining! I'm wearing a pair of shorts I haven't worn in forever. I had to wear Spanx under them to give them a smooth fit but they go on no problem!

    Talk to everyone soon!!!
    ~Heather
    Round who knows. Phase 2. HHCG Pellets
    Week 1: (7)
    VLCD 8: 165.5 (1)
    "Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda

  12. #696
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    R/P/M
    R5, Pellets
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzin4436 View Post
    Hey All,
    Seems like we have lost quite a few people to the new P3 group. I have to admit that I have been looking over there a bit, but its hard to hear them talk about all this wonderful food that they are adding! I am trying not to get too excited yet I still have 2 weeks left on P2.
    I hear ya on the food talk! I am giving in to my cravings too much at the moment and I will have to work out tonight because of everything I've done today! and sadly it's not more protein I'm craving. But I can't ruin the last two weeks. It's been three long weeks and I guess it get's this way for those doing long rounds?

Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •