Popular Pages :

Thread: Beef In P2?

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets

Beef In P2?

Hello,

I had a bad experience using 10% fat ground beef. I gained weight. Now I am so sick of chicken, shrimp and fish! Is there any beef that one can eat? I looked at veal and that has even more fat. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
    RK
    [/url]

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I think you can find extra lean 96% ground beef. If you use that, and then rinse it well with very hot water, it could work. Some people have success with filet or some other cut that has no visible fat at all, but its not something I would personally take a chance on. The protocol says no american beef is allowed.

It is on protocol to occasionally have 1 egg plus 3 egg whites as your protein. If you can tolerate eggs, that might be an option.

Vegetarians also have done well with the Jay Robb whey or eggwhite protein shakes, so if you really need a break, you could give that a try.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    As Leez says, 96%lean 4%fat ground beef is my go to in P2. I always lose with it. Don't mix with tomatoes though. I usually crumble mine in a non stick no oil required skillet then and add a dash of water and chopped onions (think taco meat). I'll eat it straight out of the skillet or scoop into lettuce cups and make a taco meat wrap as I call it. It's not normally sold in standard store ground beef packages, but is a specialty brand packaging that stores carry. If you're in the south Publix carries it, and maybe even Aldi if one of those is near you.

I just wrapped up P2 and also tried Bison Steaks for the first time. It is even leaner, higher in protein, and more tasty than ground beef, and had great results on it. My biggest loss one day was 1.6 lb, and that was during my final week of the round.

I know Dr. Simeons also mentions veal, but the US veal I've always found was even fattier than beef, and I didn't lose on it so I never tried that again once it was all gone.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

R/P/M
    R6P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Thank you Leez and Coco!

I will look into Bison or 4% ground beef. Bison sounds exciting Coco! Especially with your losses! Leez I did not know that About eggs! I thought the yolk had too much fat? Is just egg whites better? I do tolerate eggs very well.

Thank you so much!
    RK
    [/url]

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Eggwhites alone is not better. There is a tiny bit of fat in chicken and fish , so the little bit in one egg yolk corresponds to that and is not a problem. Make sure you add all 3 extra eggwhites, as you need them for the proper amount of protein.

Bison is an experiment, but many have done well with it.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Eggwhites alone is not better. There is a tiny bit of fat in chicken and fish , so the little bit in one egg yolk corresponds to that and is not a problem. Make sure you add all 3 extra eggwhites, as you need them for the proper amount of protein.

Bison is an experiment, but many have done well with it.
    Since Bison is a North American animal related to the cow, and it was almost extinct during the time of Dr. Simeons work, he may not have had access to even test it in his studies. If he had, and it was readily available in Europe at that time , he might have recommended it instead of the Lean Veal for North Americans that they seem to have in Europe that we don't have here.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

the3rdpower Jessie Anderson III's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2P2 Injection HUCOG
    The protein and fat profile of bison would be like veal... higher availability- veal is not really a “good” source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do get veal but i feel a bit iffy in that it is not real real veal.... in south Africa we have free access to Ostrich meat which was s virtually fat free.... my go to beef has always been fillet and extra lean beef mince (ground beef)

egg wise... i have always included a egg meal at least once a week bur could only do 1 egg yolk with two egg whites... but usually not till about week 3