Popular Pages :


Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 286

Thread: My HCG Journey (aka Flirty Flo)

  1. #73
    ~Maggie83~ Maggie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    R/P/M
    R1P4D43 SubQ
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    I have a P3 compatible pumpkin pie filling and I am to going to have to enjoy that for Thanksgiving. Bad timing LOL! I love P3 though. I have yet to master maintaining in P4. It is very frustrating, also because higher carbs just make me want to eat and eat. So I stay very low carbs and possibly even ketogenic. Maybe I should try strips and see!
    Whatís your pumpkin pie recipe? Iíve always just made butternut squash mashed with pumpkin pie spice, dairy (usually a non dairy milk) and a sweetener as a pie less pie. We grew up not eating sugar or much gluten or dairy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Maegan~
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRZ7t5C/]

  2. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie83 View Post
    What’s your pumpkin pie recipe? I’ve always just made butternut squash mashed with pumpkin pie spice, dairy (usually a non dairy milk) and a sweetener as a pie less pie. We grew up not eating sugar or much gluten or dairy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have used this one, without sweetener in the crust and 1/3 cup Swerve for the filling as sweetener:
    https://againstallgrain.com/2011/11/...e-pumpkin-pie/

  3. #75
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    In South Africa we obviously don't do thanksgiving and no pumpkin pie but we do pumpkin fritters.. your pumpkin pie mix with egg and binded by flour.... maybe almond or coconut flour.... traditionally it is fried but i pan fry them on a non stick skillet.... and serve with cinnamon spiced sugar(sweetener)

  4. #76
    ~Maggie83~ Maggie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    R/P/M
    R1P4D43 SubQ
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA View Post
    In South Africa we obviously don't do thanksgiving and no pumpkin pie but we do pumpkin fritters.. your pumpkin pie mix with egg and binded by flour.... maybe almond or coconut flour.... traditionally it is fried but i pan fry them on a non stick skillet.... and serve with cinnamon spiced sugar(sweetener)
    Sounds delicious. In our house we donít do thanksgiving but we enjoy the day off work. Usually work on projects around the house. Covid never affected my husbands work... but other families who had to take time off work have been doing lots of renovations. Before our community had 75% of the yards well taken care of. This year itís been like 90%. I havenít done anything in our yard since we moved in 2 years ago. Which was good because we had our soil tested and it came back with high levels of lead and arsenic. Within the year we will have all the soil removed and replaced with healthier soil. Iím already planning my garden!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Maegan~
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRZ7t5C/]

  5. #77
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    LOL I know what you are talking about,.. for us it was mostly winter months and we are on water restrictions so not a lot of gardening happened... but we baked and cooked and baked some more..... get my drift?

    I was also lucky enough to continue working but now our clients are running low on cash - we just have to see the next 2.5 month through to survive....

  6. #78
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ok so we start day 1 Week three
    No movement on the scale which is very surprising.... I had a good sunday

    Perhaps not enough water - I forgot my water bottle at home, so not sure how much I had

    Second change - I find it hard to get proper Grissinis.... and when I saw in-store made breadstick yesterday - I grabbed 2 packets It was mid morning and I scoffed one It did taste a bit too bready - i know hard to explain... Baybe higher fat content than the italian version
    BUT... I weighed it this morning and it weighs just about double that the grissinis... so basically I had 4 bread sticks yesterday - but did skip a fruit

    My temperature is still in the high normal range - so doubled up on my sinus medication and took some Vit C

    Have not had a BM since Friday morning so did take some soluble fibre this morning

    Once again... it can be a small thing but sometimes just the combination of a lot of small things... so I will not be despondent because Tomorrow can bring a big loss....

  7. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA View Post
    Ok so we start day 1 Week three
    No movement on the scale which is very surprising.... I had a good sunday

    Perhaps not enough water - I forgot my water bottle at home, so not sure how much I had

    Second change - I find it hard to get proper Grissinis.... and when I saw in-store made breadstick yesterday - I grabbed 2 packets It was mid morning and I scoffed one It did taste a bit too bready - i know hard to explain... Baybe higher fat content than the italian version
    BUT... I weighed it this morning and it weighs just about double that the grissinis... so basically I had 4 bread sticks yesterday - but did skip a fruit

    My temperature is still in the high normal range - so doubled up on my sinus medication and took some Vit C

    Have not had a BM since Friday morning so did take some soluble fibre this morning

    Once again... it can be a small thing but sometimes just the combination of a lot of small things... so I will not be despondent because Tomorrow can bring a big loss....
    I think you can also skip the Grissini (I am) but I know it provides that snacky/crunchy satisfaction! No bowel movement for 2 days will do it. I bet you see a change tomorrow, or soon anyway!

  8. #80
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mrsstrong i happen to love my grissini but went back to the brand i know that works
    On this round i seem to have massive losses and then a few days of nothing

    The other thing i did not mention I was thinking not to do a skip day until i have done 3 weeks... but was late out the house without doing my shot... but i dont think it was that as i have not experienced hunger or cravings... so hopefully tomorrow is a big one

    absolutely horrid weather with thunderstorms which can make one crave Ďsomething niceí.... luckily i kept a fruit for after dinner so i will do a grilled 1/2 grapefruit as my treat tonight

  9. #81
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    I think you can also skip the Grissini (I am) but I know it provides that snacky/crunchy satisfaction! No bowel movement for 2 days will do it. I bet you see a change tomorrow, or soon anyway!
    OK Mrsstrong.... You win!
    I know correct protocol is not to cut your calories.... but I have to do SOMETHING

    I am not ungrateful, but was expecting a decent loss today but could only squeeze 200g (.44 lbs) out of the scale today...

    so to go through what could be small culprits

    Week 1 I cut out coffee most days, because I do a little more than 1 TS of milk (probably 3), but weather is yucky and need a coffe instead of herbal tea when I wake up, so for today I shall continue

    Week 1 I had no chicken at all with a great loss...had chicken 4 times this week, including yesterday...I know it makes no sense at all but going to cut chicken for the rest of this week just to stay on the basics I know that works

    I have noticed that days I have raw tomato my losses are good and days I have Cooked tomato, it is less - so going to stick to Raw for now..once again, makes no sense

    Most days if I drink at least 2/3s of my water by 3 pm... results are also better results

    I know eating less than 500calories are not suggested, but I was considering doing a steak day (do people still do steak days in P2?) but then realise it is not really a stall, it is just slow going.... so for today I will skip my morning snack (grissini and a fruit) and If I go well will also skip afternoon snack (grissini) and if I feel good after dinner I will also skip my 2nd fruit

    BM... under control, seems to be on average every 2nd day.... not big but admittedly, what we eat does not give much to discard?..

    Temperature... I could not take my temperature this morning as I ran out of battery, but sinuses still infected, just taking medication (Homeopathic) and ride it out, it is change of season here

    Exercise.. My job is pretty much desk bound and quite intense in such a way that my activity/step levels on week days are very low but weekends I often do 1.5 to double my daily steps... Yesterday I had quite a bit to do, so I did manage to do half my steps which is really good for a work day...but as soon as the storms clear I will do enough walking t make up my steps and als when it heats up I will fir in some swimming...

    But all in all I have to remember to trust the process and all that is required from me is to stay on Protocol... dont go add crazy ideas and let it be...HCG will do its job

    PS a bit crazy at work so Apologies if I do not respond to everyone... I do appreciate your input and suggestions
    Sweet dreams see you when you wake up
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  10. #82
    Super Member! roselanoue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    texas
    R/P/M
    R6 P2 HCG Inj
    Posts
    2,249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA View Post
    OK Mrsstrong.... You win!
    I know correct protocol is not to cut your calories.... but I have to do SOMETHING

    I am not ungrateful, but was expecting a decent loss today but could only squeeze 200g (.44 lbs) out of the scale today...

    so to go through what could be small culprits

    Week 1 I cut out coffee most days, because I do a little more than 1 TS of milk (probably 3), but weather is yucky and need a coffe instead of herbal tea when I wake up, so for today I shall continue

    Week 1 I had no chicken at all with a great loss...had chicken 4 times this week, including yesterday...I know it makes no sense at all but going to cut chicken for the rest of this week just to stay on the basics I know that works

    I have noticed that days I have raw tomato my losses are good and days I have Cooked tomato, it is less - so going to stick to Raw for now..once again, makes no sense

    Most days if I drink at least 2/3s of my water by 3 pm... results are also better results

    I know eating less than 500calories are not suggested, but I was considering doing a steak day (do people still do steak days in P2?) but then realise it is not really a stall, it is just slow going.... so for today I will skip my morning snack (grissini and a fruit) and If I go well will also skip afternoon snack (grissini) and if I feel good after dinner I will also skip my 2nd fruit

    BM... under control, seems to be on average every 2nd day.... not big but admittedly, what we eat does not give much to discard?..

    Temperature... I could not take my temperature this morning as I ran out of battery, but sinuses still infected, just taking medication (Homeopathic) and ride it out, it is change of season here

    Exercise.. My job is pretty much desk bound and quite intense in such a way that my activity/step levels on week days are very low but weekends I often do 1.5 to double my daily steps... Yesterday I had quite a bit to do, so I did manage to do half my steps which is really good for a work day...but as soon as the storms clear I will do enough walking t make up my steps and als when it heats up I will fir in some swimming...

    But all in all I have to remember to trust the process and all that is required from me is to stay on Protocol... dont go add crazy ideas and let it be...HCG will do its job

    PS a bit crazy at work so Apologies if I do not respond to everyone... I do appreciate your input and suggestions
    Sweet dreams see you when you wake up
    Ok I see you want to lose quickly but truly follow the protocol. Do not try to eat less or it will backfire. Be content with ups and downs. Each round is different, If you overthink the process u will go bananas I am a slow loser but i always end up where i need to be You were disappointed with a loss of .44 lbs That is my average. Continue with protocol all the way thru and you will be fine. White chicken should be fine...no skin I eat fish and chicken and usually no beef because of calorie content You are doing great I take magnesium and vitamin c regularly on protocol and every night anyway. Keeps your digestion good
    http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][/url]
    2011 R1 start 206 R2 6/2011 176 R3 03/2013 156 R4 06/29/2014 162.R5 05/09/2015 154.4 R6 2017 148.2 liw 137.6 R7 Start 149.2 LDW 137.2 R8 151.4. LIW 142.8 4/4 /19 P4 4/27 141.6R9 3/8/20 160.2 liw 144.2 P4 5/12 141.4 Day 150 137.4

  11. #83
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,284
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by roselanoue View Post
    Ok I see you want to lose quickly but truly follow the protocol. Do not try to eat less or it will backfire. Be content with ups and downs. Each round is different, If you overthink the process u will go bananas I am a slow loser but i always end up where i need to be You were disappointed with a loss of .44 lbs That is my average. Continue with protocol all the way thru and you will be fine. White chicken should be fine...no skin I eat fish and chicken and usually no beef because of calorie content You are doing great I take magnesium and vitamin c regularly on protocol and every night anyway. Keeps your digestion good
    Thanks for the advice Rose....
    My history on HCG has always been... massive loss/losses followed by lesser or no losses or even ups...and yes I do overthink it.... you may remember this from previous rounds way back.. I have to analyse everything. I started taking Vit C and CalMag... (sometimes forget) need to get just magnesium and New Vit C over the weekend......
    So I took your advice not to skip my fruit and Breadsticks and be PATIENT! ...I keep forgetting 1Kg for me is 2.2lbs...... that's how my numbers always feel so little.... I guess thats where I score on the measuring ..Your 1 inch is about 2.5 cm.... so losses looks good
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  12. #84
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,352
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA
    But all in all I have to remember to trust the process and all that is required from me is to stay on Protocol... dont go add crazy ideas and let it be...HCG will do its job
    Words of a wise person.

    To answer a question tucked in there, there is no steak day in P2. It's one of those crazy ideas mentioned above. There is the apple day for stalls, but they are not worth doing. (A stall is 4 or more days without any loss.) Even Dr. Simeon said apple days are of psychological value only. They are hard on your body because you don't drink anything that whole day. If there is a loss following, it is only a temporary water shift. They don't advance your fat loss.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •