Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new and really need some advice!

Talking I'm new and really need some advice!

Hi, I'm new and really need some advice! I'm following the original protocol, read Pounds and Inches twice before starting and haven't deviated. I did HCG once 10 years ago and never found my dose, I was starving for the entire round. This time I have 3 small children and I'm recovering from having a hysterectomy a month ago.

Loaded with cheese, avocado, almonds, eggnog and butter. Couldn't eat much because being stuffed made my surgery site hurt so I drank a small carton of eggnog each day. Gained an insane 17.6 pounds (thinking maybe dairy is an issue for me.) I'm doing subq injections.

VLCD Day 1: STARVING dose 150iu
    12:00 100g Chicken and 5 cherry tomatoes
    5:00 98 g cod and 8 stalks asparagus
    8:00 1 apple
    Lost: 3.4 pounds

VLCD Day 2: STARVING dose 150iu
    12:00 100g Chicken and 5 cherry tomatoes
    5:00 98 g cod and 8 stalks asparagus
    8:00 1 apple
    Lost: 4.6 pounds

VLCD Day 3: Uncomfortably hungry dose 140 iu
    Made a soup by boiling 1 head of cabbage and 200g chicken, ate some at 12:00, 3:00 and 6:00
    8:00 1 apple with cinnamon
    Gained: .4 pounds

VLCD Day 4: Barely hungry dose 125iu
    11:00 95g cod and 1 cucumber
    2:30 1 apple with cinnamon
    5:00 100g chicken and 8 cherry tomatoes
    Stalled, exact same weight.

Starting weight 204.2/ after load 221.2/ current 212.4

Are there people who just don't do well with HCG? I don't want to quit 6 days in but I can't do this for 46 days and end up at the same weight I was before that stupid loading phase. Maybe it's a salt thing for water weight but I have a heart condition that requires I consume a lot of sodium and I'm barely getting enough salting everything I eat. I don't know what to do.

Blog Entries
    Leez or Coco will be able to give you great advice.... i love HCG
    Generally start with 125iu and after a week or two i can go down to 115ius.... never hungry
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    So here is your own thread now. Reposting to keep everything in one place:

Quote Originally Posted by Leez
    Such a huge gain definitely means your body was irritated by something. Could be dairy. Could be eggs, could be cheese, Could be nuts. But one or more of those are the likely culprit.

You can't adjust dose by just changing day to day. You will need to do a skip day and then change according to your hunger level in the late afternoon. If you are still very hungry, that would be your next step. If you don't have very strong hunger, do not do a skip day.

Don't do an apple day. They do not change the directory of your losses. They just make you release some extra water temporarily, so it looks like a loss. Even the protocol says they are only of psychological value. At any rate, you would not do one until you have had at least 4 days with no loss. You had a huge loss on the second day, so your body is just catching up with that. We recently had someone reporting on the forums that had a similar gain to yours. It took them more than a week on P2 to get the load gain off. But then they went on to lose about the normal amount you would lose on a round with only a couple pound gain. So don't despair. This all can work out in the end. If you are not using mineral salt, pink salt, or sea salt, you may find that switching to one of those lets you get more salt in and the minerals also help keep your electrolytes balanced while you are drinking more water.
    What is your hunger level today?
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Thank you for starting this! Idk why I don't have the option to start one.

I went back and read P&I and saw the 4 day thing so I ditched that idea. I had read you shouldn't do a skip day if you're on vlcd4 or less so I just adjusted. It seems to be the right dose, I'm not hungry. I also somehow read it wrong every single time I read over it and thought you could only have 1 fruit per day, that would have been nice to know when I was starving First injection was last Tuesday so the earliest I can do a skip day is tomorrow but intend to do them on Saturdays (planning to do the 46 day round).

I use pink Himalayan salt primarily.

I'm also wondering about my medications. Between my heart condition and epilepsy I take a fair number for a 30 year old but not taking them isn't an option.

I'm considering not weighing myself daily. I know that's part of the protocol but if it's doing what it should be doing even on stall days I'm not really seeing the point if it's just going to mess with my head. I'm so worried I'm going to do all of this for nothing so having the scale not budge just sets my brain into a spiral.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear your hunger issue has resolved. Just keep on protocol and you will be fine. It will just take some time for the inflammation from your load to resolve.

Since your load gain was so extraordinary, I would not use the milk or occasional allowed egg even though they are on protocol. You can test them at a later time. For now the most important thing is to get the excessive inflammation under control.

On your skip day this Saturday, you may notice a little bit of hunger in the evening. That is completely normal when your dose is right. If it happens, don't interpret it as a problem.

Its fine not to weigh if it messes with your head. Some only weigh once a week during P2. Stay the course and hope you see an encouraging number the next time you weigh.

How are you accessing the forum? If on mobile view or Tapatalk, its sometimes hard to find the New Thread button.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

I'm using my phone, but I tried on my laptop this morning and didn't see it either.

Once a week is what I'm leaning towards. I still can't fathom what would have cause the gain on vlcd3 but maybe half of a pound isn't considered a big deal.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I suspect that gain means your body is still adjusting from whatever attacked it during your load.

The post new thread option should be right above the forum title in Forum view (on both full site and mobile version)

The posting option shows when in a section of the forum, so not on the main forum page where all the sections are listed. If that makes sense?
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    10/4/20 P2 Loss 20.8 pounds
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168
    12/6/20 P4 Adjusted LDW to 169

Second round 1/3/21

Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I suspect that gain means your body is still adjusting from whatever attacked it during your load.

The post new thread option should be right above the forum title in Forum view (on both full site and mobile version)
    OMG I gained THREE pounds yesterday.

Didn't go off protocol, nothing different. And I gain 3 pounds?! How is that even possible?

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    You didn't go off protocol. Therefore do not panic.

Lets take a look at the basics.

How did you mix your HCG? Please give the amount of HCG and the amount of bacteriostatic water you used to mix.

Are you using U-100 insulin syringes? What number are you pulling to for your 125iu dose?

Are you following this menu in pounds & inches: https://hcgdietinfo.com/dr-simeons-h...0-calories-44/

Are you taking a large amount of supplements? Are any of them oil-based? Are you using any condiments or other food products not on the protocol list of allowed foods and spices? Have used massage oil, or mixed fatty meats with your bare hands for more than a short time before washing them. Body lotions or hair products that are left on the skin and not rinsed out can be a hidden problem.

If all that is in order, a sudden weight gain can be from a hormonal shift or water retention. It is temporary. My suspicion is that a big gain like that could be related to your heart condition and the way your body retains water to protect you (you mentioned that you needed a certain amount of salt). Be sure you are keeping your electrolytes balanced if you are drinking more water in P2 than you would normally. A potassium and magnesium supplement can help if your doctor thinks they are safe for you. The magnesium supplement will also help keep your elimination moving, which is important not just to your comfort, but also to the way the scale moves.

Weight gains during P2 are not uncommon. Stalls of 10 days or more are common. These are almost always about water store adjustments your body makes as it processes the burning of your fat stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    You didn't go off protocol. Therefore do not panic.

Lets take a look at the basics.

How did you mix your HCG? Please give the amount of HCG and the amount of bacteriostatic water you used to mix.

Are you using U-100 insulin syringes? What number are you pulling to for your 125iu dose?

Are you following this menu in pounds & inches: https://hcgdietinfo.com/dr-simeons-h...0-calories-44/

Are you taking a large amount of supplements? Are any of them oil-based? Are you using any condiments or other food products not on the protocol list of allowed foods and spices? Have used massage oil, or mixed fatty meats with your bare hands for more than a short time before washing them. Body lotions or hair products that are left on the skin and not rinsed out can be a hidden problem.

If all that is in order, a sudden weight gain can be from a hormonal shift or water retention. It is temporary. My suspicion is that a big gain like that could be related to your heart condition and the way your body retains water to protect you (you mentioned that you needed a certain amount of salt). Be sure you are keeping your electrolytes balanced if you are drinking more water in P2 than you would normally. A potassium and magnesium supplement can help if your doctor thinks they are safe for you. The magnesium supplement will also help keep your elimination moving, which is important not just to your comfort, but also to the way the scale moves.

Weight gains during P2 are not uncommon. Stalls of 10 days or more are common. These are almost always about water store adjustments your body makes as it processes the burning of your fat stores.
    I have 5,000iu HCG and 20mL bac water. For a 125iu dose I do .5 injections on a 1mL syringe

Yes, I'm following that list except the first pounds and inches I read that claims to be the original doesn't have oranges so I don't do those.

No supplements, no condiments at all just spices that only have the spice as the ingredient, no oil or fatty meat, only doing chicken, cod and tilapia. The only products I'm using were bought for HCG; crystal deodorant, arm and hammer toothpaste, an oil free herbal essence shampoo and once a week the matching conditioner. No hair products, no lotions, no oils.

Both of those would make sense since I'm recovering from a hysterectomy and know from the rest of my body that my hormones are whack. I didn't hesitate to do this a month later because he states that surgery isn't a factor but I wonder if a hormone type surgery makes a difference. I kept my ovaries so no supplemental but they're still adjusting. I normally take a potas&mag supplement but stopped everything "extra" before my first injection to avoid anything hidden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast