Popular Pages :

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading April 13th and 14th...

R/P/M
    R3P4, Rx nasal spray
    Blog Entries
    ohsheila, What does MSM stand for? I've never heard of it. Like the sound of skin tightening and hair growth! Thanks for the recommendation.
    I used to play volleyball in high school. How exciting for you as a mom to watch (did you used to play?)! And you spent all weekend at that tournament and eating out but didn't go more than 6 oz. over. Great job! If you could do that, you make me think this coming weekend away with my girlfriends will be a piece of cake.
    Tomorrow I start P3. Yippee! I'm excited and nervous. Here's my menu for Day 1 of P3:
    Breakfast: eggs with onions cooked in olive oil, grapefruit
    Lunch: shrimp, celery, tomatoes, garlic stir-fried, strawberries
    Dinner: fatty steak, onion, spinach, apple
    What do you think? Dr. E said not to introduce dairy or nuts the first week so I don't fluctuate wildly. I'm okay with that.

R/P/M
    round 4/p2/hhcg
    MSM stands for Methysulfonylmenthane powder. It is a dietary sulfur that would have been a large part of our diets many years ago. However, because of the way our food is processed now and because of our general diet we do not get enough. It plays a critical role inmaintaining the integrity and elasticity of connective and other tissues. As with most supplements you should be careful to buy a high quality MSM product. It is far less expensive than glucosamine but also really helps with aches and pains. It works much better when taken with vitamin C so I would add it to your freshly squeezed lemon juice. I would start with a half teaspoon and then work your way up a teaspoon (and maybe even more). For some reason Dr. Elvove doesn't seem to know too much about MSM so he isn't a good source of help for it. I learned about it from a friend (who also goes to Dr. E.). She takes it for allergies. You must tell us how were your first two days of yummy food???? I was surprised to see you were going to eat shrimp. I get really burned out on shrimp during P2 and it takes me a long time to go back to it! LOL! The same goes with spinach for me. Remember you can eat the dark meat from chicken too (which I love). Pearly and GA how is your P3 going? I am doing well in P4. I have tried a couple of forbidden things in moderation and done okay. I don't want to develop a big taste for such things so I am going to minimize my exposure to these things. I have another party to throw this weekend (son's 8th grade graduation), plus I am decorating for my neighbor's high school grad! So, I need to go easy at the parties. I look for the veggies, meats, and a little cheese here and there. Of course at my own party I can build in foods that I can eat! The weather here is really depressing so that has been hard for me. I am sticking with the Sam E for now. I think it is helping but it isn't awesome like prescription drugs are. I just hate the fact that I gain weight on the Rx and I don't like the other side effects. I am hoping the sun will shine soon as that is my best medicine!

R/P/M
    round 4/p2/hhcg
    Oh...I forgot to mention that no I didn't play volleyball or any other sports in high school. Looking back I wish I would have! Even though I went to high school in the 80's I don't think sports were pushed as much! I remember the cross country coach tried to talk me into x-country and I really wish that I would have taken the risk and said, "yes". I am thankful that my daughter is far more aggressive (in a good way) than I was. As for me I ran a little over a mile with my son the other day. I have also been trying to walk a lot. I am much happier when I do this (and so is my lab)!!! However, I wouldn't recommend a lot of exercise during P3 as I think is better for your metabolism not to depend on that. I would hold off until P4! I can't remember where I got this concept from but it makes sense to me!

R/P/M
    R3P4, Rx nasal spray
    Blog Entries
    OhSheila,
    I'm so glad to see you here again. I thought you'd all gone away. I'm happy to report that I am 1.2 lbs. BELOW LDW, even after 2 days of indulging and even drinking wine (merlot). I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I saw my weight and I literally jumped up and down in my bathroom!!! I feel like I'm eating a TON of food and I love that I don't have to measure everything anymore and don't have to wear surgical gloves to handle my family's meat. And I love eating with my family what they are having.

My son's physical therapist saw me yesterday for the first time in several weeks and commented on my weight loss, wanting to know how I did it (she was a Weight Watchers loser, too). I told her I'll tell her in 3 weeks, after I see how Maintenance goes. OhSheila, if this diet is as great as I think it is, I could recommend it to not only friends but my morbidly obese sister who lives in discomfort every day! Do you ever see very fat people and want to tell them about HCG? It's almost like when I became a Christ follower and felt like I had to "save" everybody... Newly converted...

Believe it or not, I am not sick of the P2 foods, but it's probably because I only did one round. I sure enjoy cooking them all in fat now, though. Here's what I'm puttin' away these days:

P3D1, (Tues.)
    B- 2.5 eggs, onions, spinach, salsa, coconut oil, coffee
    L-shrimp, celery, tomato, olive oil, strawberries
    D-t-bone steak, mushrooms , onion cooked in olive oil, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, glass of Merlot, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries

P3D2 (Wed.)
    B-2.5 eggs, mushrooms, onion, olive oil, coffee
    L-chicken, broccoli, red pepper, olive oil, garlic
    D-fish, broccoli, peaches, blueberries, glass of Merlot
    S- ½ galss Merlot, can of sardines, peaches/blueberry, 1 T coconut oil

R/P/M
    R3P4, Rx nasal spray
    Blog Entries

Pearly & GA

How is your P3/P4 transition going?
    I can't believe how WONDERFUL P3 is!!! Read what I'm consuming and weighing above! This really works! But I'd still enjoy hearing from you to follow up on your maintenance--just to be sure this isn't a wonderful dream I'm going to wake up from.

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry! I didn't realize I hadn't posted on this thread all week. At least that means I am getting less obsessed! Congratulations on getting to P3, Abs! Woo hoo. Sounds like you really have it all in hand, too.

I know what you mean when you want to tell people about this. Thing is, most really won't believe you! There is so much #$%@# out there on the internet about this that is not about the Pounds and Inches protocol, but about HCG as some kind of magic potion, that people tune ya out the second you mention it. I'd love to clue some people in, but you know, all you can be is a resource. Even this won't work for someone unless they want it, big time. I always say losing weight is not for sissies! It is hard work and is almost a hobby!

AFM, I think maybe I'm okay. Today is my last day of P3. I am .2 above my LIW, which is, what, 3 1/2 ounces? Not even worth mentioning. I haven't gone over 2 pounds up yet, and just came close that one time and did the Avoid a Steak Day menu. I have been up and down, but my average for the 3 weeks is .3 above. I love being point anything BELOW, but that is just leftover P2 brain speaking! I think the hardest parts of P3 for the first few days is 1. Eating enough! 2. Getting enough food in without feeling stuffed and 3. Not losing! Staying even is the winning ticket, but after so long of losing something every few days, staying even it not as exciting at first.

NOW, 3 weeks in, it is exciting, as I am starting to eat more of a variety. Even tho I saw everyone else eating more and staying the same, I am not sure I believed it. (I also see lots of threads that begin with: I'm gaining! What do I do??? So, it is not exactly a slam dunk!) But Tuesday evening I went out to eat for a family celebration. Two glasses of wine and I ordered an appetizer for an entrée---but it came on teensy wontons. As I was only 3 days from P4, I risked it and ate the wontons. No gain, in fact down a bit. Yesterday I had a steak for LUNCH. With tomato slices, Marie's blue cheese dressing and some avocado slices. OMW so good. But I usually bounce up a bit when I have steak--and today I am exactly the same. Wow. Now, that's exciting!!! s

Today, chicken salad sandwiches (shredded chicken thigh, ranch dressing, pickles, black olives, seasoned pepper with a slice of tomato on oopsie rolls) and English cucumber with a drizzle of my home-made Dijon dressing. I can not say I feel deprived.

But in order to stay on this path, the hobby must continue! I must find ways to keep interested! So I will keep watching over y'all and learn from you, too!
    P.
    PearlyMae (AKA Polly Pocket)
    Live Like You're in Love & You WILL Be!
    P3 plus or minus

Jan 2013: 173 to 126.8. Multiple rounds since then to stay there! Back Again!

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    OhSh, I forgot to ask. The Methysulfonylmenthane powder you mentioned; is the sulf part sulfa? I am extremely allergic to that. Once went into anaphylactic shock with one tablet of sulfa. And I get hives from high sulfide red wines. (in other words, cheap red wines! LOL) Otherwise, it sure sounds like something I need! I will Google it, too!
    P.
    P3 plus or minus

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    Ok, Googled it and am more confused. Several sites say what is in MSN is related to sulfur and not the same as sulfa, so should not be a problem. Another said if you are allergic to sulfa, don't take sulfur. One that seemed pretty thorough and scientific showed how the molecules etc. are different, that sulfur is something in our own bodies, so again, no problem. Sheesh. Also found that the reaction to red wine is probably not from sulfides after all--sort of an old wives' tale.
    Can of worms!
    P.
    P3 plus or minus

R/P/M
    Let's try again! hHCG
    I've been at the beach all week with my extended family. Let me tell you--it is all about the food. I have tried VERY hard to remain tough and done pretty well.
    I brought my scales and weigh every day. I had my oopsie rolls and home made pizza to get me through. Almond butter and apples have helped as well as pepperoni "chips". My family has made the comment they can tell I'm very determined and are impressed. But still-- it hasn't been easy. While I've enjoyed the trip, I'm ready to get home and out of the limelight of people watching and questioning some of the things I'm eating. Again, I just say low carb/no sugar and leave it at that. Maybe one day I'll share. I could be in P4 but honestly am mostly planning on staying in P3 until August when I'll head for round 2. Can't handle P2 when I'm not working and staying busy. I hope to lose 20 more pounds and let that be it. Keep sharing any food recipes you love. Tried some very NASTY almond butter cookies this week. Won't be sharing that recipe with ya'll!! LOL

OhShe: I did get digestive enzyemes and a probioatic that I've started taking daily. I also spritz MCT oil on my food/coffee each day. Anyone else using this? I just read of success on the forum so I thought I'd give it a try.
    Pearly: Again, love the oopsie rolls and have to give the crackers a try ASAP.
    Abs: WOW! You are doing fabulous. I'd say share the plan if you think whoever you are telling can "handle it". While it works quickly, it isn't easy. I'm proud of my success b/c it would have been easier to just quit!

Take care, ladies. I'll be checking in often.
    August 2014

Started Monday, 8/11
    As of Friday, 8/14: - 10 lbs

R/P/M
    round 4/p2/hhcg
    Pearly: Everything that I have read says that it is okay to take the MSM if you have a sulfur allergy....I would want you to be really sure though so complete your research! I cannot say enough about what it does for aches and pains. My husband started taking it and he declared he felt he could do a cart wheel. He kind of tried to do one but I think he had one glass of wine too many! LOL. I totally agree with all of you....in general people don't want to hear about something like hcg that works so well so quickly. We have all been programed to believe that the only way to loose weight is s-l-o-w-l-y! People are very suspicious of any thing that you take to loose weight. My rule of thumb is that for the most part I only tell people who ask me very specifically (more than once) how I lost my weight! I have come to the conclusion that I don't need to win anyone over (though I would like to). It works and yes it is fast but it isn't easy. The fact of the matter is many people could not really do what is required to be a success on hcg. I am not bragging it is just that hard and too far off the path for most. For that reason I don't think it will ever be a main stream diet. I also meet people who are doing very rouge forms of the hcg diet. They seem to be only vaguely aware of the protocol. That bums me out as I know that there chances for success are limited. I try to help to the degree that they desire help. As for all of us....I am proud that we are all doing so well maintaing. I actually had pancakes today so I am a little concerned. I think I will be okay. Like I said I am trying to reserve these types of foods for small indulgences and not as a main focus. I feel so much better eating my salads and protein! I did up my dose of fish oil and that seems to be helping with my mood already. I think that the high dose of fish oil with the Sam E may be the ticket. It is a work in progress. Overall, I can't complain too much. I am getting a lot done and feeling pretty content. Have a great weekend and please keep checking in!

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    Okie dokie, OhSh! I swung by Whole Foods and picked up the MSM powder. I like orange Rise Vitamin Water Zero which has 120% of a daily Vitamin C requirement in it, so I mixed a half teaspoon with the last few sips of that. No discernible taste, I am glad to say.

Now, do I take this daily, or just for when I have pain like it was aspirin? I am assuming daily, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I have low thyroid (and have taken T4 Synthroid stuff for 20 years with no real relief from symptoms!) and just started T3 about a month ago. Since starting that I have not had the thyroid aches as yet---I have them for two to five days at a time, with no relation to anything particular. Usually once or twice a month. But if this will help keep those at bay, I would eat it by the bowlfull!
    P.

PS: I've been tested for everything from MS to Lupis, Chronic Fatigue to fibromyalgia. I just have achey days, but otherwise, I'm fine.
    P3 plus or minus

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    GA! I forgot to say congrats on doing so well on your trip. I am working on a macaroon recipe with unsweetened coconut. If it works, I'll share and would love to have any you come up with. Cookies are not something I can eat just one... I've seen low carb cookie recipes, but the substitute for brown sugar for something like chocolate chip cookies is problematic. The ones I've seen use some kind of blend that is really...well, sugar!

I bought no sugar added chocolate frozen coconut milk "ice cream" at whole foods yesterday. Expensive. I actually haven't tried it but I'll let you know. I'm skeptical.

I'm going to try my first P4 food: Popcorn! tonight. Cross fingers!
    P.
    P3 plus or minus

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast