Popular Pages :


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 45

Thread: P2 21 days in and 6# loss! Need advice!

  1. #1

    P2 21 days in and 6# loss! Need advice!

    1) I started round at 156.6# my goal was 145#(been there before) on a 23 day round. Been tracking everything on carb manager and in the workbook from Hcg Chica. Today is day 21 vlc. I only lost 6.4#! My other rounds I avg. 12# in a short round. My last round was in 2018. I got my injections from Diet Doc, Iím on compounded thyroid med for my thyroid. I was going to extend the round to 28 days but now Iím wondering if itís really going to help. In all honesty Iím not terrible overweight. Iím 60.5yr., 5í7Ē and wear a m/8. I started this round to stop the junk food eating and loose the muffin top as well as reduce my inflammation from RA. Any input is appreciated!

    2) when I transition to P4 do you like THM for that? I read the thread about THM that Leez and Colleen have on the maintenance thread. Iíve done THM and like the concept but all the cheese I canít do! And I didnít lose any weight. If I transition to p3 and stabilize Iím hoping maybe to drop the few extra pounds in p4.
    Started 1/08/2021
    Round 4




    Round 1 - Lost 20.6# counting load days
    Round 2 - Lost 13.4# counting load days
    Round 3 - Lost 14# counting load days

  2. #2
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,845
    Blog Entries
    35
    Your goal is reasonable and usually reachable in a short round. Your goal is appropriate for your height, so I don't think the problem is that you have no more fat to lose unless you are more muscular than most women.

    A 12 pound loss in a 23 dose round is also pretty normal. So yeah, if I were you, I would be expecting a bit better losses too.

    DietDoc HCG is always fresh and potent, so that would be low on the list of possible problems. But there is always the rare instance of a bad batch.

    Let's start with some questions:

    Were you on thyroid meds on your other rounds?

    Did menopause happen in between your last round and this one? If so when?

    Are you following the original protocol, or something else?

    Have you been hunger/cravings free for this round?

    How are you using the carb manager in planning your P2 meals?
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Your goal is reasonable and usually reachable in a short round. Your goal is appropriate for your height, so I don't think the problem is that you have no more fat to lose unless you are more muscular than most women.

    A 12 pound loss in a 23 dose round is also pretty normal. So yeah, if I were you, I would be expecting a bit better losses too.

    DietDoc HCG is always fresh and potent, so that would be low on the list of possible problems. But there is always the rare instance of a bad batch.

    Let's start with some questions:

    Were you on thyroid meds on your other rounds?

    Did menopause happen in between your last round and this one? If so when?

    Are you following the original protocol, or something else?

    Have you been hunger/cravings free for this round?

    How are you using the carb manager in planning your P2 meals?
    I am on my thyroid meds throughout the round.

    I¬’ve been on bio-est for my female hormones for years.
    I had both levels and adrenals checked in October. What was found was very low levels of serotonin during the day. Dr. Has me on a nutraceutical for that.

    Been craving free except for some salt craving in which I satisfy with a couple small chunks of Himalayan salt.

    My last round I lost 12# went from 154.2-143.6# doing HCG 2.0. I found my food journal for that round.
    This round I started at 156.4-149.2# vlc 21, doing diet doc protocol macro 30gm carbs, 100gr protein, 8gr fat, calories 591

    But I changed this up to add in op fruit, two a day to see if that helps. Here is my average macros for the 21 days.
    Nutrition Summary: Jan 10, 2021 - Jan 31, 2021
    Period Average
    Calories 587.5
    Net Calories 587.5
    Calories Burned --
    Total Carbs (g) 39.9
    Net Carbs (g) 27.4
    Diab. Net Carbs (g) 27.9
    Fiber (g) 11.5
    Starch (g) 0.5
    Sugar (g) 22.6
    Added Sugar (g) --
    Sugar Alcohols (g) 1.0
    Protein (g) 83.6
    Fat (g) 11.4
    Monounsat. Fat (g) 2.2
    Polyunsat. Fat (g) 1.0
    Omega-3 Fat (g) 0.2
    Omega-6 Fat (g) 0.5
    Saturated Fat (g) 3.8
    Trans Fat (g) 0.2
    Cholesterol (mg) 214.4
    Glycemic Load 7.6
    Started 1/08/2021
    Round 4




    Round 1 - Lost 20.6# counting load days
    Round 2 - Lost 13.4# counting load days
    Round 3 - Lost 14# counting load days

  4. #4
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,845
    Blog Entries
    35
    I am on my thyroid meds throughout the round.
    Sorry for not being more clear. My question is more about if you were already on thyroid medications in previous rounds, or is this a new variable this time. But its good information to know you took your thyroid meds during this round. That can sometimes slow losses down some.

    DietDocs proprietary plan is similar the HCG 2.0. The difference seems to be that they don't think the HCG really helps with the actual fat loss very much. They include it as an appetite suppressant and have designed a food program that steers you into ketosis for the fat loss. It is more concerned with macros than with individual menu items and how they interact with the HCG. So you are not going to always get the same rate or type of loss you get with the original protocol. I'm particularly looking at the 8 grams of fat---that's almost 2 tsp and quite a bit above what your get from the protocol menu, which is under 3grams (about half a tsp).

    Were your previous rounds OP, or were they some variation?

    These questions are to help determine what was different in this round from previous rounds in which you were more successful.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  5. #5
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Leez, that is interesting feedback about the fat on OP as opposed to 2.0 hcg program. I have been on a talipia kick, the talapia loins from Costco (sooooo good) and they have 0 fat, seriously. When I cook on GF grill there is not any fat to drain into the tray you use to catch the cooked fat. You can cook a lean burger and there will be fat drained.

    I know the HCG helps with appetite, but I really think it is also instrumental in using the stored fat for burning, instead of muscles, which results in inches lost. Just me. On "diet protocols" I can lose a few lbs, but never look that different.

    ka, it looks to me like you hardly have any excess fat to lose, that may be why your losses seem slow to you.

    And Leez, since you were asking her about her thryoid meds and so many on the forums seem to be taking thyroid medication, I thought I might ask my doc to run some thyroid tests, are you saying that should prob wait until off protocol p2?

  6. #6
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,845
    Blog Entries
    35
    I love the Costco tilapia loins too. I did some research on their farming methods and it is a clean product. I don't buy any other brand now. What a difference in taste and quality. Its amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles
    I know the HCG helps with appetite, but I really think it is also instrumental in using the stored fat for burning, instead of muscles, which results in inches lost. Just me.
    Not just you. That is what the protocol is all about, and not just any stored fat, but the visceral fat that is the unhealthy kind. That goes first with HCG and is why body shape can change dramatically.

    Don't get thyroid tests any closer than 6 weeks after you are off HCG. You'll get an altered result as HCG generally increases thyroid function while you are under its influence. When you do test, make sure you get a full panel that includes free T3, freeT4, reverse T3 and the two antibody tests. Most doctors only look at TSH and total T3, and neither helps you get the full picture.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  7. #7
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Thanks Leez, then I will wait on the thyroid tests, for quite some time actually--have more rounds to do I know. The Talipia from Costco is so good, I go actually probably binge on them! Am I sick, or what? Haha.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Sorry for not being more clear. My question is more about if you were already on thyroid medications in previous rounds, or is this a new variable this time. But its good information to know you took your thyroid meds during this round. That can sometimes slow losses down some.

    DietDocs proprietary plan is similar the HCG 2.0. The difference seems to be that they don't think the HCG really helps with the actual fat loss very much. They include it as an appetite suppressant and have designed a food program that steers you into ketosis for the fat loss. It is more concerned with macros than with individual menu items and how they interact with the HCG. So you are not going to always get the same rate or type of loss you get with the original protocol. I'm particularly looking at the 8 grams of fat---that's almost 2 tsp and quite a bit above what your get from the protocol menu, which is under 3grams (about half a tsp).

    Were your previous rounds OP, or were they some variation?

    These questions are to help determine what was different in this round from previous rounds in which you were more successful.
    Hey Leez my last round was HCG 2.0, and the first two were OP.
    Iíve been on thyroid meds for all rounds.
    Today I was down .6# yesterday I followed the HCG 2.0 and had a tsp. Coconut oil. Iím doing the same today and will see what happens. I know that if I add in fruit back in phase 3 I probably gain some weight due to glycogen refilling. I did stabilized well on my last round. Oh well...looking forward to ending this round. Itís been a tough round with low weight loss.
    Started 1/08/2021
    Round 4




    Round 1 - Lost 20.6# counting load days
    Round 2 - Lost 13.4# counting load days
    Round 3 - Lost 14# counting load days

  9. #9
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,845
    Blog Entries
    35
    OK, so there don't seem to be any unique changes in your approach this time.

    If you are not having hunger, craving or weakness issues, your dose is not a suspect. If your thyroid meds are not keeping your thyroid optimum, that is one thing that could cause slower losses. You should be able to see that on your next labs if that is the case.

    If you have the option to use MCT oil instead of coconut oil, that might be slightly helpful, as it is more thermogenic. In fact, it burns so efficiently, the body treats it more like carbs and it becomes quick energy. Some people will notice that they get warm after ingesting it.

    It could be that your loss today is a signal your body is getting ready to drop some more. Lets see what happens.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  10. #10
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Good for your drop, ka! Always encouraging.

  11. #11
    Well I stayed the same weight as yesterday, 148.8#. Agh... I'm so over this diet but forcing myself to stay the course. I looked through my food journal from 2018 round 3. I did HCG 2.0 the first half but as I looked through it I went back to OP towards the end of my 23 day round. I did drop down to 142 but stabilized at 145#. Today I'm going to finish this round doing OP. This round will be a 30 day round, longest short round I've ever done. I haven't cheated at all!!
    I'm hungry, have a headache and muscle cramps during sleep. Will add electrolytes today.
    Started 1/08/2021
    Round 4




    Round 1 - Lost 20.6# counting load days
    Round 2 - Lost 13.4# counting load days
    Round 3 - Lost 14# counting load days

  12. #12
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by kacouch View Post
    Well I stayed the same weight as yesterday, 148.8#. Agh... I'm so over this diet but forcing myself to stay the course. I looked through my food journal from 2018 round 3. I did HCG 2.0 the first half but as I looked through it I went back to OP towards the end of my 23 day round. I did drop down to 142 but stabilized at 145#. Today I'm going to finish this round doing OP. This round will be a 30 day round, longest short round I've ever done. I haven't cheated at all!!
    I'm hungry, have a headache and muscle cramps during sleep. Will add electrolytes today.

    ka, when not on hcg I tend to get leg cramps at night. I use those hyland leg cramp pills you put under your tongue. Funny thing is, since doing hcg this time, I have not suffered from those, but because we don't use oils for seasoning our food, i find I really season with spices and SALT. Probably more than I should. Are you using salt on food? I'm wondering if that is why I haven't had any troubles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •