Popular Pages :

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Stalls

Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Tracy is right. You should not change dose without doing a skip day.

You say your dose is 12.5, but that doesn't tell us your dose without knowing how it was mixed. What we need to know is the iu number. You obtain that by knowing how many milliliters of mixing water was used with how many IU's of HCG.

Here is the formula: https://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforum...lations-21439/

Let's find out what dose you are on, and then go from there. If you are feeling ok, there is no need to adjust for a single day of small gain. That happens in the normal course of things. At some point those big losses from the first week slow down for everyone. And especially for women, you will encounter days of no loss and even small gains as you go through the round. This is normal. It is your body adjusting its water levels as it accommodates the fat loss. Your losses are at a pound a day, so there is no reason to suspect dose has slowed anything down.
    Thank you both for the responses. So I'm not sure if this means anything, but on the bottle it says 1000u/ml and below it says 10 MDV. My doctor made the prescription, so I'm not sure of the specifics. That said, I haven't been hungry, although my stomach has been gurgling a bit today. I'm not worried about the slight gain, but would love any input.

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I think MDV stands for Multiple Dose Vial, so that doesn't tell us much. Unless the 10 means 10 doses?

I would call your doctors office to be sure, but it sounds like the mix may have been 1:1, which would mean your dose of 12.5 would be 125iu. That is a pretty standard and good dose for most people.

Gurgling stomach is not hunger, its just digestive noises. Since you are not feeling hunger, don't do a skip day yet. If you want, you can try one after you have been on the same dose for 3-4 days if there is still some issue. Also, after 2 weeks of big losses, there could be a long stall as your body regroups. Do not panic if that happens, just stay on protocol and ride it out.

This little graphic helps explain what is happening during a stall:
    whoosh.jpg
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Thanks Leez!

That image is really helpful. As an update, I'm still feeling great after lowering my dosage and woke up this morning to a very nice 2 lbs loss. Thanks again for the feedback!

HI, IM on day P2 day 8 and I have only lost 3.8 lbs. Starting today, I have eliminated the 1/2 teaspoon of half&half creamer, grapefruit and broccoli. I know broccoli is not on protocol but I have been losing despite eating it since day 3. Also I have been eating lettuce or cabbage as my veggie but Im thinking about doing lettuce only to increase losses. Im still eating 3.5 oz chicken breast, drinking water, green tea with stevia, and black coffee; Im at dose 25; I need to lose at least 12 more lbs, can it be done and what other adjustments can I make?

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Is that 3.8 net, or does it include the loss of loading weight? If you gained, say 4 pounds on loading, a 7.8 loss for the first 7 days of P2 is not great, but it is pretty standard. I always lose about 8 pounds the first week, which includes load weight gain.

It is hard to not have good losses in week one. That is generally when you do your best, but you could still catch up if you figure out what is going on.

Why did you eliminate grapefruit?

The other things were a good idea to eliminate. Eliminating cabbage to get calories lower is really not going help anything. You need to be close to the 500 calories most days for the diet to work correctly. You have to forget everything you know about dieting when on this protocol, and just trust the instructions.

Are you having any hunger or cravings?
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

HI,

On Day 3 post loading I weighed 137.6; Im now on day 9 and this am I lost 2.6 lbs! I have still only lost 6.4 lbs in 9 days. I have had a sluggish digestive system and started taking miralax yesterday which seemed to help things. This recent loss has helped me figure out that cabbage doesnt make me gain, broccoli may have stalled me, so its out for good. I felt the grapefruit was too much sugar so I stopped them and back to the small red apple or 1/2 a large. Im 1/2ing the apple, getting only 1 fruit a day. I dont like apples but suffering through it.

Im not having bad hunger or cravings, its manageable right now.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    When you say the grapefruit is too much sugar, you are second guessing the diet. The sugar in the grapefruit is calculated into the chemistry of how the HCG works in your body. It is included as an option because it enhances the activity of the HCG. HCG does not depend on being low carb to work. Most people will not get into ketosis because of the fruit allowed. But that is good news, because ketosis is not needed for the diet to work.

The only reason to eliminate grapefruit would be if you hated it or you are allergic.

As for the broccoli, when you include things not in the allowed list, you are second guessing the diet. Many of the foods omitted were omitted because they were DETRIMENTAL to the process. Using logic to figure out what more you can add in will get you in trouble. Here is what the protocol says about it:
    Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out.

...It should also be mentioned that two small apples weighing as much as one large one never the less have a higher caloric value and are therefore not allowed though there is no restriction on the size of one apple.

.... There are a number of foods, particularly fruits and vegetables, which have the same or even lower caloric values than those listed as permissible, and yet we find that they interfere with the regular loss of weight under HCG, presumably owing to the nature of their composition. Pimiento peppers, okra, artichokes and pears are examples of this.
    There is no rule about how big your apple should be. You can eat two big apples a day if you want. The only reason to make them small is to keep your daily calories near 500.

My best advice to you is trust the protocol!

Blog Entries
    For what it is worth... i love grapefruit snd I find the days i have grapefruit... i have better losses
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

I will add the grapefruit back, but I will 1/2 the large ones to be safe, thanks Ladies!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Some of them can be enormous! I usually shop for the small ones so I can eat the whole thing. A small one is about 65 calories, less than an apple, which is around 80.

Blog Entries
    Leez .. when they are in season, they are huge... the ones available now are small, so I will also do a whole one. I had to do the same with Oranges this large round... some were close to the size of a grapefruiy
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    If there's one question that we veterans get more than any other, it's about stalls. We answer these every single day. So here is the skinny on stalls: THEY HAPPEN. You didn't do anything wrong. A stall after the first few days of great losses is almost a given. A long stall in the middle of the round is more common than not.

But rejoice! Stalls aren't a bad thing. I know they feel bad because you've been so good and have followed the diet to a T. But what happens is that you are gaining back some of the water you lost early on. So the fat THAT IS STILL BEING LOST is not showing up on the scales. I really believe those stalls help solidify the losses for when you get to P3 too. I see way more people upset about gaining in P3 when they rushed there as soon as they could because of that typical stall. They assume their body is done, but that's not the case.

So don't be fooled. Hold the course and don't let the stall upset you. It will break when it's ready to break. There is little you can do about it. You may read stories about having a handful of nuts or doing a mini steak day. But these things really don't work. It's just coincidence because the stall was about to break anyway. It would have broken no matter what you did. We get so desperate for it to break that we will try anything. Take your measurements. This will encourage you when you are in the middle of a stall. I have had 10 day stalls in the middle of every long round so I know how upsetting it can be. But put your sights on the end goal and know that you are getting there!
    I am not looking for stalling information but just wanted to know if people have any difficulties, generally, if they opt to do steak as their protein. I have done a few rounds in the past but I have never done steak. Just curious if it should be avoided or do people do OK having it on occasion? I am looking at having beef tenderloin tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast