Popular Pages :

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Started Phase 2 today -Parker

R/P/M
    Round 2 officially, using injections this time

Started Phase 2 today -Parker

After a slow start (I bought drops with no HCG) I was able to start loading on Saturday and today was my first VLCD day.
    I worked at the clinic all day and forgot my meal in the fridge. Ended up with coffee, a half apple and water until I got home.
    Then grilled chicken and cabbage.

Im a bit discouraged at the start I had today -managed to keep the calories to 500, no off-limit foods -but I didn't have a protein until 6pm and I felt hungry.

Meals are prepared for tomorrow...
    Im so frustrated with this weight and how sluggish I feel - but tonight I can go to bed feeling like I am moving in a new direction.

WT pre loading: 204.6
    WT after loading: 206.4

My goal is to hit 160 after 2 rounds. It feels like a world away - but that's the weight I have been for the vast majority of the last 12 years. Prior to that (and 2 babies in 2 years) I was a very steady 145.
    I did an HCG round 3 or 4 years ago and I lost weight and kept it off for a couple of years. Then I got sick, hit with a bunch of stressors and now I am over 200! I cant move well, get winded easily and generally feel uncomfortable. I used this forum then and I felt really motivated by everyone. Im looking forward to hearing your stories and sharing mine.

Question - how do I find the weight counter thing? I need motivation and I like the idea of watching a counter move closer to the goal!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, and good luck! Glad you're on the right track with real HCG now. You'll do great.

I started out about where you are and hit 170 after two rounds, but I turned out to be a slower than average loser, so you might make it.

I like the trackers that show the downward progress in a chart, so thats what I have. You can click anywhere on the graphic in my signature and it will take you to a site where you can make your own. If you don't like the chart, they also have sliders available in various configurations. Tickerfactory is another one people use.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    Restart 2015 R1P2 Corion SQ
    Hi Parker I started P2 today also and like you I have done HCG in the past and die to health issues, surgeries, and just plain dumb choices I gained it back. This time will be different. I will be doing a long round, I'm on SQ injections. I tend to eat the same things . I don't eat fish so I just stick to beef and chicken mostly. This does work for me though. Good luck to you.

HI ladies! I also came late to the game in April. My first VLCD day was April 19th so we are all very close in the program; maybe we can have an end of April mini-support group? I find it beneficial to have ladies around the same start date as me and most in the April thread started weeks ago. It would be great and super helpful for me to have (and provide) encouragement .

Just a little background about me. I did my first round in 2010. Great lose of 27 pounds in 33 days. Kept most off but never totally stabalized in P3. Tried a second round and it was total failure due to lack of motivation and preparedness. Last year I had a bunch of life happen (cancer scare, hysterectomy, estrogen, mother with Alzheimer, etc...) and I'm back to where I was in 2010 plus 10 pounds . I even tipped the 200 scale which totally freaked me out.

In my experience, I LOVE this diet. I do injections from my Dr and am not at all hungry (nor was I hungry on my first round in 2010). That's the part of this that totally amazes me, I can eat 500 cal a day and not be hungry. I've found I have several p2 recipes I actually like too. I know it's super early; but I"m loving this round so far and hope to be able to stay this positive for the full 46 days.

Parker: I wouldn't beat yourself up. You had one day of hunger and sometimes the first day has a bit of hunger anyway. Now you're back on track. For me; preparation is key. I actually buy all my proteins on the weekend, measure, and freeze them. Then I take out whatever I want for dinner each morning. I do chicken and salad everyday for lunch and make those 2 or 3 at a time. I even grill all my chicken on Sunday so all I need to do is grab and go.

Just to share, I had a dessert discover last night. I took my strawberries and cored them and added fresh squeezed lemon juice. There was something about the sweet and sour that I though was delicious! You've probably all already tried that but it was a first for me so I thought I'd share!

Here's looking forward to new friendships with my HCG start sisters!

R/P/M
    Hello Ladies!

Thanks for the support and ideas! I am thrilled to be starting this. Like you, 3rdtime - I tipped the scale at over 200. I never thought I would have gotten there!
    This is the year for health! I was motivated to start due to weight gain, inflammation in my hands and feet, severe lethargy and generally feeling awful.

Here's the weight loss so far. I love the idea of supporting each other as we are all starting at the same time!
    Have a great day!!!

WT after loading: 206.4 - Day 1
    Day 2 - 201.6 -4.8!
    Day 3 - 198.8 -2.8!

Still feeling hungry during the day and I have a bit of a headache - but this doesn't surprise me, I image I was pretty "toxic" - I ate really clean yesterday and my hands and feet are noticeable less swollen - which is great.
    Im motivated to continue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parkermj View Post
    Hello Ladies!

Thanks for the support and ideas! I am thrilled to be starting this. Like you, 3rdtime - I tipped the scale at over 200. I never thought I would have gotten there!
    This is the year for health! I was motivated to start due to weight gain, inflammation in my hands and feet, severe lethargy and generally feeling awful.

Here's the weight loss so far. I love the idea of supporting each other as we are all starting at the same time!
    Have a great day!!!

WT after loading: 206.4 - Day 1
    Day 2 - 201.6 -4.8!
    Day 3 - 198.8 -2.8!

Still feeling hungry during the day and I have a bit of a headache - but this doesn't surprise me, I image I was pretty "toxic" - I ate really clean yesterday and my hands and feet are noticeable less swollen - which is great.
    Im motivated to continue!!!
    Alrighty Then! We can be Parkers Posse haha. Our numbers are similar, I noticed you were TOM in another thread so you are younger than me. I expect to lose less due to health issues. Last year I was told I had cancer. Turned out to be entirely wrong, but it was a long long 3 months including 2 surgeries that ended up with a total hysterectomy which put me into immediate menopause (I was somewhat menopausal before, but the surgery threw me off entirely). I had to start taking estrogen (which is a 10 pound gain in most women); not to mention prozac for the depression from the non-cancer and the fact that I was not allowed to lift heavy or work out heavy for nearly 6 months. It was a super long process, but it's been a year since the surgery and I"m ready to find my new-normal and I"ll be damned if my new normal is going to consist of 200 pounds!

LETS DO THIS!

Pre Load: 207.2
    Load: 210.8
    Day 1: 207.2 - 3.6
    Day 2: 205.8 - 1.4
    Day 3: 203.8 - 2.0

R/P/M
    Good morning gals
    WT after loading: 206.4 -
    Day 1 - 201.6 -4.8!
    Day 2 - 198.8 -2.8!
    Day 3 - 199.4 + 0.6

The gain today does not surprise me. I was STARVING yesterday and I think I binged on Melba toast (which I usually don't eat...)
    I would have never thought "binge" and "melba toast" would be in the same sentence.

I also was running late form work and bought a rotisserie chicken from the marker for my kids - I took meat off of that for my protein and I bet there was oil in it.
    But - Today is a new day and 7 pounds in 3 days still feels pretty good.

I was also wondering about melba toast vs melba snacks. I bought the snacks (there was no toast available) and it seems that there was oil on my fingers after I ate one (or 10)... so Im not sure that the "snacks" meet the protocol. Do you guys know?

Also - I post on the April loaders too - so you might see this twice!
    Have a great day!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    Alrighty Then! We can be Parkers Posse haha. Our numbers are similar, I noticed you were TOM in another thread so you are younger than me. I expect to lose less due to health issues. Last year I was told I had cancer. Turned out to be entirely wrong, but it was a long long 3 months including 2 surgeries that ended up with a total hysterectomy which put me into immediate menopause (I was somewhat menopausal before, but the surgery threw me off entirely). I had to start taking estrogen (which is a 10 pound gain in most women); not to mention prozac for the depression from the non-cancer and the fact that I was not allowed to lift heavy or work out heavy for nearly 6 months. It was a super long process, but it's been a year since the surgery and I"m ready to find my new-normal and I"ll be damned if my new normal is going to consist of 200 pounds!

LETS DO THIS!

Load: 210.8
    Day 1: 207.2 - 3.6
    Day 2: 205.8 - 1.4
    Day 3: 203.8 - 2.0

3rd time - we are so similar in our wt losses!~
    its great to have someone at the same spot I am!
    I am 41 with two kids. I also have some health issues and I think the stress took the biggest toll.
    I am so glad that you are back on your road - how scary and frustrating the last year must have been!

Here's to a new normal!

Quote Originally Posted by parkermj View Post
    3rd time - we are so similar in our wt losses!~
    its great to have someone at the same spot I am!
    I am 41 with two kids. I also have some health issues and I think the stress took the biggest toll.
    I am so glad that you are back on your road - how scary and frustrating the last year must have been!

Here's to a new normal!
    End Load: 210.8
    Day 2: 207.2 - 3.6
    Day 3: 205.8 - 1.4
    Day 4: 203.8 - 2.0
    Day 5: 203.4 -0.4
    Day 5: 201.8 - 1.6

Still losing so I"m still happy but this round has been much more difficult than the last largely due to a bunch of nausea . Yesterday I actually grabbed a plastic bag at the grocery store because I thought I was going to throw up. I did not want to eat anything last night (and that never happens lol). I managed to get down my protein, but that was it.

Today is technically my 7th day on shots so I skipped today to see if maybe that helps. I just ate my chicken and picked out the cucumbers of my salad. I can't eat anything else. I took milk of magnesia last night so I could sleep. Sorry, I'm not normally whinny but this nausea must stop! I've done a bunch of research and it seems like many ladies have nausea first few weeks so I'm hell bent to stick to the diet and waiting a few more days to see if this is going to pass. I actually need to stop in at the nurse tonight to weigh in and get next weeks supplies so I'm hoping she may have an idea of what is wrong with me. I can't figure out why I'd need to detox so hard this round when I didn't before unless it's age, forced menopause, or the anesthesia from surgeries (I've read that can stay in your system for over a year).

Anyway, enough about me . You have the perfect mindset........ 7 pounds in 3 days! Great way to stay positive. I know gains (or stalls) can be emotionally upsetting but it would take me 2 months of HARD weight watchers to get off 7 pounds so you go girl!! I don't eat the melba so I can't help you on the difference between snacks and toast . I may stop on the way home and grab some though because it might settle my stomach.

I'll post tomorrow for sure once I find out if the nurse has any idea about the nausea.

Happy Friday

R/P/M
    3rdtime -

I am a nurse practitioner- so maybe I can help.
    You had mentioned that you are taking Prozac. There are a LOT of serotonin receptors in the gut - with decreased food intake - the Prozac may be causing the nausea - which is a common s/e early on. I would make sure that you take the Prozac with some food and see if that helps. There are a variety of seltzer waters with no sweetener that you might like. I drink Le Croix (they have it at Target), I notice that if I sip it throughout the day my stomach is a bit more settled - although I also know people who find carbonation irritating.

I lost the weight gained from my melba-binge - and I am adjusting my dose a bit since I was so hungry the last few days.
    Good luck today!!

Day 1 - 201.6 -4.8!
    Day 2 - 198.8 -2.8!
    Day 3 - 199.4 + 0.6
    Day 4 - 198.6 -0.8

Ohhh,.......... so happy to have a nurse practitioner on-board here, mad respect. Thank you for all you do in your profession.

I skipped dose yesterday. Felt nausea in the morning. Caved and had a small piece of cake at a birthday celebration and believe it or not, the nausea went away! I have no idea if that was coincidence or not but I'm back on 100% protocol today so if the nausea comes back perhaps it is a reaction to no sugar? I ended up hungry last night (perhaps from skipping a dose, or maybe the sugar) and 'binged on 10 pieces of melba toast but feel like in the grand scheme of things if some melba was my binge of choice it's an improvement. Of course, I paid on the scale but I"m hell-bent on not beating myself up and feel like with the nausea gone I can really do this.

Day 6: 201.8 - 1.6
    Day 7: 203.4 +1.6

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    Ohhh,.......... so happy to have a nurse practitioner on-board here, mad respect. Thank you for all you do in your profession.

I skipped dose yesterday. Felt nausea in the morning. Caved and had a small piece of cake at a birthday celebration and believe it or not, the nausea went away! I have no idea if that was coincidence or not but I'm back on 100% protocol today so if the nausea comes back perhaps it is a reaction to no sugar? I ended up hungry last night (perhaps from skipping a dose, or maybe the sugar) and 'binged on 10 pieces of melba toast but feel like in the grand scheme of things if some melba was my binge of choice it's an improvement. Of course, I paid on the scale but I"m hell-bent on not beating myself up and feel like with the nausea gone I can really do this.

Day 6: 201.8 - 1.6
    Day 7: 203.4 +1.6

LOL on the melba "binge" -VAST improvements from what I used to binge on!!
    Good job not beating yourself up. Haven't we beat ourselves up enough?
    You still are down and that is cause for celebration.
    I skipped yesterday's dose - it was suggested that it was too high - and surprisingly, I had NO hunger. At all. I did not eat enough and I am worried that the next few days I will see a stall because my body moved into starvation mode (?) any thoughts on that?

This morning was a big number - so I feel good about that - but what is most amazing is that I have lost 2.4 inches from my waist!!! Clear evidence that I had bloating going on - but still. What a motivator.
    My son says I'm not "waddling" now....Gee, thanks.

Here's my numbers. Stay good to yourself. Its a process and you are doing great.

Day 1 - 201.6 -4.8!
    Day 2 - 198.8 -2.8!
    Day 3 - 199.4 + 0.6
    Day 4 - 198.6 -0.8
    Day 5 - 196.0 - 2.6

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast