Popular Pages :

Page 276 of 375 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,312 of 4500

Thread: VLCD#1 May 5th, anyone else

R/P/M
    R4P2, SUBQ
    4mh: Glad you took that first step in overcoming your obsession with the scale and what you will be eating! I love the fact that you drink all that water beforehand to avoid the scale in the morning.
    So the alternate-day diet helps people with asthma? Any other health ailments it is supposed to help?
    Lasik? I know so many people that have done it and loved it. My husband wants to do it but he's still scared to go through with the procedure. I haven't heard of the mono before though.
    Julz: Funny how we are so relieved to see tom sometimes... Good thing you stayed the same and no gain!
    Lilly: Made me laugh saying size 4 were your fat jeans! I wish! Lucky that your water retention is in your thighs and not your belly area. I love your outlook on food and how you are so calm about the scale-that a few pounds shouldn't bother us-we should base it on how we look, feel, clothes feel. That is the point I am striving for. Where I don't need to stress about every bite and not let 1-2 lb gain get tom me.
    Faithful: Love your analogy between the puzzle and diet. I totally see where you are coming from. I have also looked at how my weight has varied over the years and how I have NEVER been in the low 130s in my adult life. I am scared to death that I will not maintain and gain it back. I think that's probably one of the reasons why I work out. I think that if I work out I at least have a fighting chance to keep some off. I do agree that we have to correct our ways, we can't expect to go back to our old eating habits and maintain-we NEED to make changes. Lilly is a perfect example of what needs to be done. She has changed her eating habits and found what works for her. (sorry LIlly if you don't want me using you as an ex).
    WOW!! All that snow! It was in the 80s this weekend. While you guys are having fun in the snow, I'm already wearing shorts and sandals. Enjoying the weather but I know 100s are around the corner
    The whole bad food/good food-my mom did the same with me but while growing up with her I maintained my weight because she prepared food for me and tried to help me with my choices. I gained weight once I went to college because I decided to eat the bad stuff knowing they were bad. Plus all the partying drinking and eating late at night did it for me. I felt sad as a teenager growing up sometimes b/c I would want cookies and milk and my mom would say that if I was still hungry and craving sweets, that I could eat an apple or banana instead... I thought it wasn't fair--but it helped maintain my weight (important when a teenager) and as an adult--cookies are not something I tend to want to eat a lot. I eat sparingly. I don't crave them or need them...She did let me have them, just not every night like I wanted them.
    I think the problem is if you FORBID them to have it. I know many that their parents forbade them from having sodas or other things and as an adult, they are addicted to it. Have to have it all the time. I think it applies to non-food things too since I have a friend that his parents didn't let him see tv, their only connection to the world was listening to the radio station on talk on Sundays as a family. Now that he is older, all he does is watch movies at home and at the theatre. He can't get enough tv!! IT's ridiculous.
    Chimonkey: Isn't funny how we think we are going to eat all this food during loading days, and once they get here--we can't seem to do it?
    Try to get fats in though. Agree with everyone else. P3 is for maintanance-- not meant to lose and hard to do so.
    You sound like Crystal when she was out in So Cal. She hated it out there! I'm the opposite, I am from So Cal and yearn for the day when I can go back. It will happen eventually...
    Crystal: If 1lb is the difference between being able to eat a bit more freely or very strict, I'd stick with the 1lb over LIW. Why torture yourself?
    I'm glad you didn't leave!
    Kansas: Decreased protein and lost weight? How about today?
    Moon: Did you find some cute hair scarfs? Did you get the pink wig yet?!
    AFM: So it took me a bit to catch up--I had a busy weekend. MY allergies got so bad they turned into a cold. I am up 2lbs over liw--I know the culprits. I had beer, got sick, and because I had a very bad sore throat--couldn't even talk, I drank a ton, I mean of ton of tea with honey and lemon! GASP! I know I shouldn't have sugars so early in p3, but it was the only thing that helped soothe my throat for 2 days. I didn't eat much food, but drank tons of tea with the honey and medicine. I don't even look at the ingredients--I just took the medicine to help me out. I am finally feeling much better today. Tom is pretty much gone and I am hoping with continued p3 eating that the gain goes away. What do you gals think, did I screw my stabalization that horribly by having the honey? I knew I shouldn't of done it, but at the moment I just wanted relief from the pain. Plus I had beers earlier in the day before I got sick--so that's pretty bad. I prob should have gotten the vodka, but beer was more refreshing. I really am worried about stabalization now....

Start: 193 LDW: 165 End: 166.6
    R2 SUBQ 8/25/12 50 day round
    Start: 168.8 LIW: 143.2 End: 152.4
    R3 SUBQ 2/16/13 53 day round
    Start: 158.4 LIW: 131.8 End: steady 145 through 6/14
    R4 SUBQ 6/5/15
    Start: 163 LIW: End:
    P2 Week 1 7.6 loss
    P2 Week 2 2.6 loss
    P2 Week 3

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    Hey girls!

Well, my TOM is getting better, less heavy today, but still have mild cramping. I feel like my bloating is gone, but I still weigh 136.2 today..so no sure what those extra 3 pounds I picked up last week are from. Whatever. I'll continue to eat my normal menu. My clothes fit the same, so 136 is just fine with me It'll come down when my body feels like it lol

I've started supplementing my diet a bit heavier this past week, to improve my CBC a bit, so not sure if that could be it. But, I picked up the weight when I felt the TOM symptoms last week, so I probably still have some inflammation from TOM lingering around, since I'm still feeling cramps.

I've been eating the same as the last 6 weeks... about 140 g of fat, About 50-60 g of protein, a lot of goat cheese lol, and fruits and veggies at every meal. Love my eggs with kale, mushrooms and onions in the morning. I ran out of my banana bread and don't feel like making more today, so, I'll be eating Fantastic Muffins for a while.

I wanted to mention, Ive been doing a LOT of reading on alkaline vs acidic diets. I am focusing on altering my diet to eat 80% alkaline foods and less than 20% acidic. I ordered low acid coffee, and I've started to use alkalizing drops (Alkazone brand from Amazon) to neutralize acid in coffee, tea, etc. I want to get my pH up from 6.5 to a solid 7.5, so I'm testing my urine and saliva to make sure it's improving. Lowering protein should help a lot with that as well.

For those of you who may not have read, a highly alkaline diet is the BEST way to keep your body in top notch condition to fight against viruses, disease, cancer, etc.

@Moon- How are you doing? Haven't seen you post in a couple of days... How did shopping with DH go? Did you find something cute to wear? Pictures!!

@Faithful- Oh, I have so much to say.. lol My free time has been spent reading pretty heavily the past few days on the whole alkaline vs acidic deal...Anyway, about Robin, I totally agree with both you and 4mh..she does get annoying sometimes, and she DOES "lead the witness" haha BUT, the overall concept behind her strategy is solid in my opinion, and eating to hunger has been hugely successful for me. Like 4 mh, I've implemented the hunger scale pretty easily, and I can now tell between real hunger and just stomach growling from digestion, too much liquid, etc.
    Try not to get bogged down with the details. You won't ever agree 100% with anyone, but your approach is good! Take what fits into your "puzzle" and use it, and leave the rest. That way you create your own system, based on your body, and because you're taking the time and effort to try different things and read and educate yourself the final "puzzle" you come up with will be much more than just a "lifetime plan". It will also be validation that you CAN take control of your health and eating!

I'll post my labs shortly. I'm going to PDF them and attach them, I think it's the easiest way. I'm not typing up all those pages haha

I've been meaning to make your chocolate gluc pudding, but I am so in love with my pumpkin one, I keep making it instead lol
    So, first day of JUDDD!!! I may start later this week. He does recommend to do "Down Days" at 500 cals the first few weeks, apparently it can take a few Down Day cycles at 500 cals to activate the SRT1 gene...not sure if I want to do that right now. I was thinking just doing 650 cal days twice a week like you.

I'm interested in it, like 4mh, because of the potential health benefits mentioned in Dr J's book. And the biochemistry behind his theory make sense. I just haven't checked his reeferences yet, like official journals with clinical studies, which I'll be doing later this week. I am a subscriber to the top Biochemistry journals, so I should be able to find the latest papers published on SRT1. I'll post some snippets for you guys, if you're interested.

@Lopez- You'll get there!! You barely started P3, so in a few weeks your body will stabilize and you'll be able to eat in moderation what you want without wild fluctiations in weight. And even if your weight fluctuates, you are exercising and you KNOW you're not gaining fat if you aren't eating processed crap or overeating, so enjoy being in the low 130s and don't let a few pounds on the scale worry you

@Julz- Glad you got the engagement pictures done!! Can't wait to see some if you can post them

@Kansas- Woman, you crack me up...lol I'm still laughing about your TOM post a few days ago haha "NOT TALKING TO YOU".. hahha I talk to myself sometimes and my BF just shakes his head... he knows better now than to say anything when I'm mumbling to myself haha
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    Hi everyone

@Moon - how are you holding up? How did the haircut go? Did you find some cute wraps or wigs?

@Lope - sorry you spent the weekend being sick but glad to hear you are starting to feel better! Today is my 3rd day of not weighing and I feel AWESOME! My rings are still loose, my jeans fit the same, and I still look the same nekkid (lol). I'm enjoying the way my body AND brain feel without the scale dictating my life. I've been asking myself, "what if I get on the scale after a week and find I'm up 10 lbs., then what". I haven't completely answered that question yet but I can describe the way I have felt the past 3 days as FREE, finally FREE! My scale obsession didn't start with HCG but it sure took a bad turn in recent months and got completely out of control. I'm happier now than I've been since, well I don't know. The health issues that JUDDDing helps with (from the book) are asthma, insulin resistance, seasonal allergies, autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, inflammatory central nervous system lesions (Tourette's syndrome, Meniere's disease, cardiac arrhythmias, menopause-related hot flashes, infectious diseases or viral, bacterial,, and fungal origin (toenail fungus, periodontal disease, viral URI's) and a few more where mentioned throughout the book. Oh, and don't stress about stabilization or the gain, there's nothing you can do about the past!

@Chim - I hated that about loading - the dream was always better than the reality! Enjoy your first week of amazing losses!

@Kansas - did any of the bad weather make it your way? How's your weight after the weekend?

@Crystal - avoiding the scale has not been difficult at all, seriously, not in the least. I'm not eating clean and I'm not eating dirty (for the most part - LOL), but I am allowing myself to eat things that I've been avoiding for the past year such as fruit with dinner (I've always cut my fruit off by about 4 p.m.) and steak WITH seasoning. Just crazy things that I thought I had to avoid but it's really just stupid now that I think about it! It's all a part of moving on with life and learning how to live.

@Faithful - I have a few Intuitive Eating/Mindful Eating books downloaded on my Kindle. I'm 1/2 way thru one of the books and I'm trying to put into practice what I'm learning, but it's somewhat difficult at times. The thing I've gathered the most is that it's NOT about eating perfect, which is really enlightening and refreshing! I agree, it's nice to be able to discuss this with you - it'll help us both to get this figured out! Good job on your DD yesterday - what did you end up eating for the day? Did you feel hungry, deprived, etc.? Keep us posted on how you're doing without the scale and let me know if you feel the same freedom that I am. I'm sure for some it produces anxiety and stress but it took away those feelings for me. How did you decide on Monday as your weigh-in day each week?

@Julz - where did you have your engagement photos taken? I have always talked about making homemade whipped cream but never have. Time to give it a shot. Did you follow a recipe or just wing it?

@Lilly - how's the weight? So nice that you don't stress about small gains! Happy to hear that TOM showed up, whew!

Okay, think I'm caught up again. Have a fabulous day everyone

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    @Lilly - we were posting at the same time Sorry to hear that your weight is still up but you handle it so well - good for you!! Yes, I'd be really interested in your interpretation of JUDDDing [science behind it and what you find out in the journals]. As I've said, I have no desire to go on another 'diet' but if eating this way for life would finally provide me asthma relief then I'd be all over it - LOL.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    @Crystal- Welcome back! We're all friends here, and we all have issues lol I hear you on keeping some crappy food around. If it's something you crave, then it should definitely be part of your lifetime plan. It would be unrealistic otherwise and only bring you frustration. For me though, white and wheat flour makes me feel like crap, and so when I see pizza now I remember how I felt last time I loaded, and it makes me want to puke haha I was miserable on New Year's. I haven't had a hamburger with a regular bun yet, mostly because I can find a million things on a restaurant menu that I crave much more, like a loaded Cobb Salad with blue cheese dressing and a side of sweet potato fries with ketchup

I did eat Cuban food with my Mom and didn't feel bad at all. But I ate clean all day, and had rice and beans and Cuban dessert for dinner. So, ocasionally I'll eat out without worrying about processed/crappy food, but as part of my regular diet? No way in hell that's ever happening again lol
    How's your weight? Have you decided what to do about adjusting your stability weight?

And yes, NO little Lilly LOL Holy crap, I've never been so happy to see TOM show up!

@4mh- You won't be up 10 pounds next Sunday when you weigh! LOL Trust how your body feels, and simply try not to over eat while eating moderate portions of what you feel like, within reason If the scale bothered me like it does you, I would definitely do what you're doing!
    And I totally agree, eating intuitively is not about eating "perfect". We're human so a "perfect eating plan" will always backfire because it's unrealistic.

And yes, I was SOOO relieved to see TOM show up haha I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant, but you know, it was on the back of my mind haha
    I told my BF on Friday: "Hey, so FYI, I'm about a week late with my period." He just looked up quite disinterested from his iPad and said "Okay", and kept going about his day lol So I said: "I'll wait another week and if it doesn't show up, maybe take a test. It could just be late because of my last HCG round messing with my hormones." He said "Sounds like a plan." And that was that.
    Oh, men... lol

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SubQ
    Lilly: I went under the name MsKnitter last year and we chatted briefly about nopales/cactus. Wondering if you ever had a chance to try it? I love nopales but had forgotten about them until I wanted to start HCG again. Then I remembered that you had never tried it. Need to get to the market to buy some! On P2, they are so good sauteed with onions and steak strips.

Lopez: Sorry to hear you were sick! I hope you stabilize alright too. How many days into P3 are you?

ETA: I am feeling hungry today. I am taking 150 iu Hucog Sub Q. I hate to skip a dose this early but I guess my dose is off. *Grumble grumble.*
    4/13/13 - R2/P2 for 26 days - Start weight = 253/256, 5/10/13 - LIW = 236.4, 5/13/13 - Start P3
    6/10/13 - R3/P2 for __ days - Start weight = 235.6/243.6,

R/P/M
    Goal! Lost 70lbs in 8 months.
    Blog Entries
    Are you taking subQ like homeopathic hcg or are you taking rx SubQ? If it's rx you need 4 doses before you can start messing with it. If it's hhcg I have no idea sorry

Quote Originally Posted by chimonkey View Post
    Lilly: I went under the name MsKnitter last year and we chatted briefly about nopales/cactus. Wondering if you ever had a chance to try it? I love nopales but had forgotten about them until I wanted to start HCG again. Then I remembered that you had never tried it. Need to get to the market to buy some! On P2, they are so good sauteed with onions and steak strips.

Lopez: Sorry to hear you were sick! I hope you stabilize alright too. How many days into P3 are you?

ETA: I am feeling hungry today. I am taking 150 iu Hucog Sub Q. I hate to skip a dose this early but I guess my dose is off. *Grumble grumble.*

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SubQ
    rX sub Q injections. Ok, I didn't know that. I will see how I feel tomorrow. Drinking tea has helped today.
    4/13/13 - R2/P2 for 26 days - Start weight = 253/256, 5/10/13 - LIW = 236.4, 5/13/13 - Start P3

R/P/M
    R5P2 homeopathic drops
    Faithful I can't believe that snow! We had 70 degrees yesterday, so glad we didn't get that snow here, we've had enough! Good luck trying the weighing once a week. I'd like to get to that point, but still be smart with my eating. I think I need more time till I get there.

Crystal so glad you're back! Happy early Birthday!

Chimonkey good luck in P2. That weight will come off so don't worry. I don't have any tips for engagement pics we kind of let the photographer run the show. We did a dressy outfit and then did a fun outfit, we wore baseball jerseys. We included our dogs as well.

Lopez I don't think you'll have messed up your stabilization, you gotta do what you gotta do if you're sick. Hope it comes off.

Lilly I hope TOM takes the extra weight when it leaves for both of us! I was super relieved for TOM too, but i think you're right its the hcg effects. Still need to get the flour ingredients to try some of your recipes.

Moonbeam hope you're doing ok and found some cute head wraps.

4myhealth hope the scale avoiding is working out, and not driving you crazy either.

Kansas hope you're doing well!

AFM I'm up again but not stressing until TOM is gone. I just went through my weights and by looking at my weekend weights I'm stable-ish. 170.9, 170.5, 170.7. If I were weighing once a week say Saturday I'd probably be good, even though its higher its still stable. Just some thoughts. As far as our pics we don't get them back for 2-3 weeks so we have to wait. Hopefully there are some good ones. Gonna head out, I'm exhausted today and have a terrible headache. Will be so glad when TOM is gone!

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    First off, I just have to tell you how delighted I am to see our dear FRIEND Crystalmama posting again!

Lopezeucr: Today, I've been thinking about restricting junk foods from my kids. I don't think they will regret me doing it, since I am also always explaining to them WHY we don't eat certain foods and what is wrong with processed crap. As a matter of fact, a week or so ago, I sat down with my 15 y.old DD and we went thru the sales flyer from the local grocery store. We could identify something wrong with almost every item! We talked about hydrogenated oils, HFCS, artifical colors, "diet" sugar free/fat free, MSG, etc.... It is astonishing and shameful the things they try to pass off as "food". Just for the record, I'm not SO strict that I forbid the kids to eat "bad" foods.... I just try not to buy them and keep them stocked on a regular basis. My husband indulges them much more than I do!
    About P3, you still have plenty of time to stabilize. What's done is done, just get back to P3 protocol ASAP.

@Julz: Hope TOM packs up and leaves soon, so you can get to feeling better. Your numbers look very consistent! I typically stabilize 2-3 pounds over LDW, it is common.

@Chimonkey: Hope you survived VLCD #1 The scale will be rewarding you in the morning! I was usually hungry the first few days of each round, i just toughed it out and it got better by the 3rd-4th day. I think my stomach was just adjusting to smaller quantities of food, and so was my head! LOL
    BTW, where in the Midwest are you planning on moving to?

@Moonbeam and Kansas
    : Missed you both today! Hope all is well.

AFM: I did 60 minutes of exercise today. So far Crystalmama and I have done over 1,000 minutes! WoooHoooT!

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SubQ
    Faithful: That's awesome what you did with your kids! I am a little rogue where I eat 700-800 calories, mostly protein of course. I survived with the help of tea. When I got home, I made my go-to soup with a fish filet, tomato, chicken broth, various veg. Dessert was an orange.

I would like to move to MN because fiance's family is there and my family moved to NJ. I am from NYC originally. We are getting married in MN. It doesn't matter that much to be honest as long as we are in that general area. This will be a stepping stone in his career. I want to be somewhere with lower cost of living so if I decide to have kids (and I need to decide soon, I am 32), I can stay at home.

Man, you guys are motivating me so much. I really need it this time. I think because I gave up in the first few days of R2 last year, I always feel like that stupid option is too close to me. I won't though.

I ordered a case of organic lime juice. I love making limeade with the valencia orange stevia and this will keep me from having to squeeze a million limes. Nom nom.

HDI VIP DUCHESS (16k Posts!) Kansas's Avatar
    R/P/M
    P2 Vegan
    Yes, wait for it Ya I'm leading with this

Crystal: So glad you are back. I came on to say I was gonna leave
    I'm an *******
    Now.. repeat after me.. "Kansas, is an *******" ..........okay once again and now... with feeling.

I'm here with my head between my tails. and as faith said, "if you don't got nothin nice to say, dont say nothin at all.
    If you will allow me, I will continue to post here if not, I'll understand.

Okay< Chi send the food you cannot choke down over here(as long as its not lettuce, I eat alot of that , prol, 10 cups, dont know why. You are good eat fat.
    DON'T OVER LOOK THIS: sleep equals wgt loss in p2
    I cannot tell you why
    its nut cuz hcg makes you NOT sleep, but sleep as much as you can, truly, honestly.

Faith
    Not much comment on Robin tapes. My thing is: take what parts of "wisdom" you can gleam and use it, chuck the rest. that goes for ANY counselor , she's passionate but.. just take the parts that really help you.
    I've seen a trend of folks weighing weekly and some it works for, not for me but.. some its good, try it keep us posted.

I'm the same, tilled, rained, tilled, ammended rained, bf got one tractor stuck in a plot(forgot to tell him how to do it as I usually do all my self) had to pull it out with other traactor now the battery is dead , crap, cold and tired)
    but we did get to go to dinner at a crappy **** hole, does that count?/ sorry, good day , but bad day.

Oh
    Oh,
    paid for T tests and can go get blood drawn this wk, who is gonna read them and help me?? have one offer but he's an idiot guy .. don't know over 3 hundred to order tests, Grams recommended so I'm good with the tests.
    Okay, did not read further from today too tired
    Crys: again sorry
    Doing the best that I can , from where I am. All is well