Popular Pages :


Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: wife not losing much

  1. #1

    wife not losing much

    My wife and I started HCG injections 4 and 3 weeks ago. Her 3 weeks ago. I am down about 27 pounds. She is only down 7. We are wondering what she is doing wrong. She eats the 500 calories a day. The last few days she cut out the melba toast and most fruit. Monday and Tuesday she ate a mcdonalds salad with grilled chicken and no dressing and an apple. Thats it but the exact same weight since Sunday. How can this be possible? I realize your body can hold onto weight but how long before it cant anymore? Surely if you barely eat, your body cant stay the same weight forever. She is drinking alot of water and is walking. Any advice would be appreciated. She is very disheartened by the small weight loss.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by billfaith1 View Post
    My wife and I started HCG injections 4 and 3 weeks ago. Her 3 weeks ago. I am down about 27 pounds. She is only down 7. We are wondering what she is doing wrong. She eats the 500 calories a day. The last few days she cut out the melba toast and most fruit. Monday and Tuesday she ate a mcdonalds salad with grilled chicken and no dressing and an apple. Thats it but the exact same weight since Sunday. How can this be possible? I realize your body can hold onto weight but how long before it cant anymore? Surely if you barely eat, your body cant stay the same weight forever. She is drinking alot of water and is walking. Any advice would be appreciated. She is very disheartened by the small weight loss.
    She definitely should have lost more than 7 lbs. in 3 weeks….what's her dose??? That is a BIG problem for most!

    Of course she should stay FAR away from anything fast food or restaurant in P2 as they load all kinds of crapola in there that we have NO clue about. With that said though, she still should have lost more.

    Maybe Grammy will chime in here and give her GREAT advice. Congrats on your 27, that's fantastic!

  3. #3
    Thank you for the reply Scotlanforever!

    She started off at 200 and after reading some things here we dropped her down to 175. She is still hungry but is still eating correctly. If I understand correctly, improper dosing could cause hunger but shouldnt hamper weight loss if your still eating right. Is this true? Now she stopped since that time of the month, but we need a reason to start back up! Not losing anything isnt doing it!

  4. #4
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    12,082
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by billfaith1 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Scotlanforever!

    She started off at 200 and after reading some things here we dropped her down to 175. She is still hungry but is still eating correctly. If I understand correctly, improper dosing could cause hunger but shouldnt hamper weight loss if your still eating right. Is this true? Now she stopped since that time of the month, but we need a reason to start back up! Not losing anything isnt doing it!
    Not true. Improper dosing, especially a dose too high can cause poor losses. It sounds like her dose is still too high. Especially if she has morning hunger, or hunger soon after eating. Since she is still hungry, she should skip her dose tomorrow. If hunger is better after late afternoon (4pm or so) then her dose is too high. The skip day will get the levels down sooner so she can feel better sooner. You should not just change doses without skipping a day to determine which way you need to go.

    If she feels better by evening tomorrow, drop the dose again. You may find that even that might not be low enough and have to adjust one more time.

    A dose of 200 is too high for almost everyone, but for some reason a lot of doctors and clinics start people out there and then even try to increase it when they have hunger problems, which just makes it all worse.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  5. #5
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,317
    Poor losses are either a dose too high or eating the wrong things. At 175, that is definitely a high dose! It sounds like she's already skipping because of her period? I'd do 125 tomorrow and see how she feels on that.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and over 10 years experience as a weight loss and nutrition coach. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

  6. #6
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    12,082
    Blog Entries
    35
    oops...sorry I missed the part about her already being off the HCG. Definitely go with grammy's recommendation.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  7. #7

    Thank you

    Great thank you all. We will start her back up at a lower dose yet. I will report back in a few days on how its going!

  8. #8

    down 4 pounds

    Well she decided to do an apple day on Wednesday and is since down 4 pounds in 2 days. She also lowered her dose. Not sure what "changed" other than the dose. She attributes it to the apple day and her period starting fully (Losing water retention). Not sure but hopefully she can keep it going. Thanks again everyone.

  9. #9

    stuck again

    Ugh she is stuck again. Hard to feel good about my losses when she just cant seem to move. She has been excersising like crazy. Walking 6 miles a day. She eats clean but the last few days has had 1 off protocol meal a day. Yesterday it was a chicken stir fry. Soy sauce was in there and certainly not protocol but still around 500 calories for the day. This morning, up a pound! She now thinks she is ovulating and read that can cause you to not lose weight. We just dont know. She wants to try an apple day again. Should she do that or try 2 completely clean eating days in a row?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by billfaith1 View Post
    Ugh she is stuck again. Hard to feel good about my losses when she just cant seem to move. She has been excersising like crazy. Walking 6 miles a day. She eats clean but the last few days has had 1 off protocol meal a day. Yesterday it was a chicken stir fry. Soy sauce was in there and certainly not protocol but still around 500 calories for the day. This morning, up a pound! She now thinks she is ovulating and read that can cause you to not lose weight. We just dont know. She wants to try an apple day again. Should she do that or try 2 completely clean eating days in a row?

    We're NOT supposed to exercise in P2…….yes, I walk my daughter to and from school but it's NOT six miles!! That's a lot!!!

    And the only weight you lose from doing an apple day is all water weight and usually comes right back

  11. #11
    Retired Moderator Ginger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    R/P/M
    R5/ injections Last round finally!
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by billfaith1 View Post
    Ugh she is stuck again. Hard to feel good about my losses when she just cant seem to move. She has been excersising like crazy. Walking 6 miles a day. She eats clean but the last few days has had 1 off protocol meal a day. Yesterday it was a chicken stir fry. Soy sauce was in there and certainly not protocol but still around 500 calories for the day. This morning, up a pound! She now thinks she is ovulating and read that can cause you to not lose weight. We just dont know. She wants to try an apple day again. Should she do that or try 2 completely clean eating days in a row?
    If she was doing all the exercise before hcg, then she will be ok to continue as long as she has the energy. If she started it with hcg, it can go against her weight loss. Off protocol foods probably are the cause of not losing. This is not a calorie counting protocol but a hormonal one. Thus she needs to stick to only on protocol foods. Dropping the melba might help as gluten is often the underlying cause of weight problems to begin with. Soy also is a problem, especially for women so that soy sauce needs to go. Some have success with apple days but most dont. I personally would never do one as all that natural sugar can cause blood sugar to be off balance and can actually cause cravings for more sugar. She needs more than 2 clean eating days in a row. She needs to eat clean and on protocol for the duration. It really isn't that hard if her dose is correct. She should only have real hunger around meal time.

  12. #12
    HDI Hcg Diet Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    3,722
    If she is now on a dose that controls her hunger, that should help.

    But her diet is all over the place. Have you both read Pounds and Inches, the link in the bar on the top of this page that says Original Manuscript? She doesn't just need to eat 500 calories. She needs to eat 500 calories of very specific foods in very specific portions.

    She is a female. That means she won't lose like you do. You will probably lose every single day and lose almost twice as fast as she does. You can probably eat off protocol and even eat a couple hundred extra calories with no ill effects. Women cannot do that. They do not lose every day. They usually have a stall of at least a week to ten days. They'll lose 3 lbs one day and then nothing for the next few days. They usually stall or gain just before and during their period. If they vary the protocol foods or amounts even a little, they likely won't lose. She needs to get on the proper diet as listed in Pounds & Inches and follow it exactly.

    An apple day is not a good idea. It wasn't a good idea the first time since she was likely stalling from TOM and eating off protocol, and it isn't a good idea now since she hasn't followed the diet. An apple day is a psychological tool to make you feel like you're "doing something" when you have a very long stall. She doesn't need a psychological tool; she needs to follow the protocol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •